Chit Chat

Renee, Renee, Renee.. What did you do?

2»

Re: Renee, Renee, Renee.. What did you do?

• steph861 said:

I never thought she was pretty but now I barely recognize her.  It's so sad...

When was the last time she did a new movie? I don't remember actually.

I thought it had been awhile. Thanks! It will be interesting to see where her career goes from here now...

Anniversary

• Looks like I'm going to have the unpopular opinion here, but I personally find it pretty gross that some celebrity's fucking eyelids are getting media attention.  

WHO CARES.  I think it's exceptionally shitty the way women, especially aging women, are treated if they're well known.  We bitch that they don't look as pretty anymore (WHAT, you mean she looks different at 50 than she did at 20?  IMPOSSIBLE!!!! WRITE ARTICLES ABOUT THIS PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!!!!!!)  and we just keep on bitching until they finally cave in and change something about their appearance-  then we bitch even more that they look different now!  

She made her eyes look different.  Whatever.  They're her eyes, she can do whatever the fuck she wants with them.  Messing with her eyelids should not warrant this much nit-picking and media attention.  
  • I can't speak for everyone, but it was shocking to me because she looks nothing like what she used to. She looks like a completely different person. 

I always find it sad when a celebrity has work done to their face to look younger. I wish more women would just let themselves age gracefully. But I agree with you - it's their body and they're free to do whatever they want with it. 
  • If Renee is happy, that is all that matters. But she has lost her distinctive look, what set her apart.

I thought Robin Wright when I saw the 'after' photo.

• I can't speak for everyone, but it was shocking to me because she looks nothing like what she used to. She looks like a completely different person. 

This.  She had a very distinct look and now, I still can't believe that this is her.  

Look, yeah we shouldn't give a damn about what other people look like, but that is not reality. The reality is that when you are in the public eye you will be judged, good or bad.  Back with her "old" face people criticized her. Now with her "new" face the same thing is happening.  There will be no getting rid of the judgments and criticism, but what needs to happen is to have public figures like Renee and other actresses and what not stand up to the scrutiny instead of caving to the pressure.  Only then and many years of people standing up for themselves and how they look will the pressure of "looking young" diminish.  The scrutiny will never stop, the only thing that can be controlled is how you and everyone handles the scrutiny.

• It made me sad. Noticeable plastic surgery always makes me sad. I hate that people feel so insecure about a part of their body that they feel like they have to change it to get it more aligned with what society deems beautiful. 

And even if we remove self-esteem from the picture, the problem with standards of beauty is that they actually aren't meant to be perfectly attained. A person with a "perfect" face usually tends to look pretty generic, no? What makes a person unique IS what makes them beautiful, in my opinion (Angelina Jolie's bigger-than-average lips, Sarah Hyland's large eyes, Owen Wilson's crooked nose). When you take away your distinguishing features, you take away the thing people remember you by. If you're an actor, being distinct and memorable is your brand. It's awful that people are driven to change their faces/bodies in response to Hollywood's/society's pressure to never ever age, but when they do, they've erased their signature look, and Hollywood will turn its back. 

Talk about a no-win situation.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Yep saw that and was quite taken aback. I thought she had her own charm before and she was cute too. She's pretty now but looks like a completely different person. Let's just hope she won't end up looking like this in 20 years.
    Lil Kim is going to beat everybody to the Jocelyn Wildenstein look in about 3 years, so that's not even a reachable goal for most people.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• beethery said:
    Yep saw that and was quite taken aback. I thought she had her own charm before and she was cute too. She's pretty now but looks like a completely different person. Let's just hope she won't end up looking like this in 20 years.
    Lil Kim is going to beat everybody to the Jocelyn Wildenstein look in about 3 years, so that's not even a reachable goal for most people.
    Lil Kim looks so freaking bizarre! And I always thought she was beautiful. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards