New Hampshire

Cake mission completed!! Jacques pastries! (Budget info included)

So we finally made the 2 hr drive up to our cake tasting at Jacques Pasteries. We fell in love! We picked out a 4 tier buttercream ( I like the look of fondant better, but it just wasn't nearly as tasty, and cheaper as well!) We chose vanilla with strawberry filling for the bottom layer, chocolate with chocolate cream for the second layer, vanilla with vanilla butercream for the third layer, and another vanilla and strawberry for the top layer. We are doing fresh floral on the top and sides, as well as crystal cake banding around each tier. The total came in under budget (I set aside $1000) for grand total of $850.00 for a cake that feeds 150 people (we only plan on having around 100-120 so plenty extra to take home!) That includes travel to Jaffrey, ($100) set up and we rented a nice cake stand($75.00) to go with it! I can't wait to eat it again. I know our guests will love it! I want it to be a main focus at the wedding!

I hope this may give some insight to other people for budget purposes. (With fondant instead of buttercream the total would have been - $1,100! A three tier cake that feeds 100 was going to be $650 for buttercream and $850 for fondant.)  

Re: Cake mission completed!! Jacques pastries! (Budget info included)

• edited December 2011
    I love Jacques, as well!  My family has always used Jacques for big celebration cakes, as I grew up very close to the store.  I hadn't gone in to talk to them yet, just booked them for our date through our venue, so I really appreciate the budget info! :)  So glad you had a good experience! 

Anniversary
  • ladyd522ladyd522 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! We are going to make an appointment for our cake tasting soon & can't wait! I also planned on the same budget for the cake, so i'm glad i'm right on target!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker> Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I would have paid twice what we did for our cake from Jacques. It was beautiful and absolutely delicious. 
    I think we'll probably use them for all our future cake needs!

Glad you found the perfect cake and vendor! You will be so pleased with Jacques!
  • superjules916superjules916 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where is Jacques if it is 2 hours away from Jaffrey?

• dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is in Suncook (Allenstown) NH.  Between Concord and Manchester

Congrats on the check, they are AWESOME!
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I live south of worcester MA. Which is 2 hours away from Jacques. Our venue is only 1hr away if that from Jacques.
  • DrPB2b13DrPB2b13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for sharing your experience and budget info, it definitely helps my planning!  I'm glad you had a great time, and your cake sounds delicious!
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Jacques through our venue too! I hear nothing but awesome things about them!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I got married on Oct. 2 and our cake came from there......absolutely incredible.  We had chocolate cake with mocha buttercream filling and part vanilla cake with choc. buttercream filling ...yum yum yum
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mariegramariegra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on booking the cake Ameilia!  I love vanilla and strawberry----might have to copy you on part of that cake selection!

Thank you for posting your cake details and prices too.  I was wondering how much they would charge to transport cake to the Shattuck--an hour away.  Now I have my answer!  I think we're going to use them also, but we haven't met with them yet.  I was budgeting for about $5 per person---so your prices line up pretty well with my budget :) 

Did you pick your florist yet?  Are you using Daffodils??  Have you picked flowers or met with them yet??
    September 2011 Board-April Siggy Challenge-Honeymoon Pics
    imageimage
    Planning Bio-updated August 16, 2011 NH Knotties Site
    Anniversary
  • superjules916superjules916 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OK I'm from Haverhill MA and our Reception is in Pelham NH so that might be a place worth checking into.
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE Jacques...  We also have our cake booked with Jacques.  I just recently had a surprise 40th Birthday party for my fiance, and Jacques did a Fire Helmet Cake for him with a 40 on the shield.. It was a hit at the party. Im sure your cake will be amazing!!!!  Love the shop too, real quaint and cozy, GREAT staff. Enjoy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards