Outdoor Weddings

April wedding - any advice?

April 25th is the big day and it's planned at a beautiful outdoor venue. Can anyone with experience tell me what the weather was like around this time of year? Last year we had snow in April(Philly suburbs) so im nervous!

Re: April wedding - any advice?

• Here's the average weather for your area in April: CLICKY

You should always have a plan B, no matter what time of year. But especially April. It can be gorgeous/perfect or cold/rainy/nasty. Weather it totally unpredictable until a few days before. And a few days before your wedding you want to relax, knowing you have a plan, not scrambling and freaking out because you're figuring things out last minute. 

A plan B could be a tent, an indoor venue, you could do the ceremony at your reception venue, etc. Whatever it is, just make arrangements and you can always cancel if the weather ends up being really good.
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm in NY, so I think usually our weather is pretty similar. April weather is so hard to predict. I know for sure it snowed April 16th this year. And I remember the following week or so being on the cold side. 

Make sure you have a plan B all ready to go. Please don't make your guests suffer the elements for an outdoor wedding. 
  • starke87 said:
    April 25th is the big day and it's planned at a beautiful outdoor venue. Can anyone with experience tell me what the weather was like around this time of year? Last year we had snow in April(Philly suburbs) so im nervous!

Last year snow in April and the year before 90 degrees in March. You must have a contingency plan such as a heated tent.
  • Honestly, for an April wedding in PA, I would make indoor your plan A and outdoor your plan B only if the forecast looks warm. It's so likely to be damp and chilly outside, and that's so stressful leading up to your wedding day. 

I would plan to be in a heated tent, preferably with a floor. If it's marginally nice, you can take the tent walls down but leave up the overhead heaters. If it's really nice, ditch the tent altogether. 

• I definitely feel your pain on this! Mine is April 11 just outside of Columbus, Ohio. I just recommend having a back up plan in case the weather doesn't cooperate with you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards