Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday Chat!!!

2»

Re: Thursday Chat!!!

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - I have USAA as well, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!  I love working with them in general (I have bank accounts, insurance, etc. all with them).

@Dignity100 - Ugh, that sucks!  The contractor seemed to think I'd have a pretty good shot at getting them to cover it.  To be honest, if your roof wasn't completely taken off in the May 2013 tornadoes which ripped through central OK, it's been tough to even get a contractor up to this point.  The contractor I hired is going to meet with the insurance adjustor and speak with them on my behalf, so I'm hoping that will help.  Even if they don't agree to replace the whole thing, I'm hoping they'll replace the flat part on my laundry room...the wind took the roof off completely there, and it rains inside everytime it rains outside!
  • Options

@Swazzle - The stamp needs you to keep fighting! Don't give up on the stamp! You are its purpose in life! You two belong together!

But seriously, this kind of bullshit happens way too often. I've seen this happen to a couple of friends already. Fuck people and their fucked up financial decisions. (Unless they hit wicked hard times, in which case.......... the opposite of what I just said).

• Options
    @minksat30 - Thank you so much for your advice!

I got word that we're definitely not closing tomorrow but that the seller's lawyer is currently working with the bank. Now we just have to hope something good comes of that and quickly. I think H and I have silently but mutually decided we're not packing today. I might suggest we go to the movies or do something to get our minds off this clusterfuck that we have no control over.

• Options
    @Swazzle - go to the movies OR I KNOW I KNOW - drive up to my place and meet me for trivia tonight :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Hugs @Swazzle - fingers and toes crossed for you.  Honestly, as exhausting as it is, I wouldn't give up your fight. Be professional but pushy. And I might suggest a bottle of wine or two stat...because that always helps. 
  • Options

@Swazzle - Combining the above suggestions, go to a movie theatre that will serve you wine.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, what a pile of absolute shit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

@southernpeach89, so jealous of your weekend! Have a great time at the concert and flying and everything!

@keptinstitches, happy six years and minus six months!! It's super cool that the dates worked out like that.

@severmilli12, 1) I'm coveting your date night dinner. 2) Your family photo? Adorbs. 3) Have fun for me on your headless horseman thing! I love doing haunted houses and whatnot, but none of my friends love them like I do, so I will sit it out this year. :(

@allusive007, yay for 12 weeks!!

@AlPacina, sending you good vibes for your lunchtime errand!

@Swazzle, I'm soooooo sorry you're dealing with this. Unbelievable and unacceptable. I really hope something will still work out. Please let me know if you guys need anything while you're figuring out the living situation. In the meantime, I hope you have a nice evening and are able to get your minds off of it a little bit. <3

Today started off really nicely, but it seems to be going downhill rapidly.

I got up early and MADE myself go to the studio and do some dancing, and that felt really, really good. Stopped at the library and the grocery store, got a couple things to help make dinner, and just got home and did some chores. I'm engaging in a little afternoon NEY (duhhhhh), and I bought some new nail polish as a little treat for surviving another interview.

The part of today that sucks is my little brother. He's NOT in a good place - he is STILL asleep, and it's after 2 pm here. He hasn't been going out and seeing his friends, as far as I know hasn't been going to meetings recently, hasn't had many shifts at work, and is just generally irritable and moody and down. We had talked last night, and he has the insight that this isn't normal for him, he's taking his meds, he wants to use but hasn't (at this point, anyway...), and is going to talk to his sponsor about what's on his mind this weekend. I just feel so bad for him, because I know it has to suck to be in the place where he is. But he's the only one who can pull himself out of it, and I don't see him doing anything to help himself. I mean, if you're having this much trouble just living, you need to talk to your sponsor, or your best friend, or SOMEONE, TODAY. Not when you have your next regular thing. I just don't know what else to do for him. I try to spend time with him and actually do things beyond just sit at home and watch TV and whatnot. But I can barely afford to do those things for myself, let alone both of us, since neither of us is getting enough hours at work right now. And even if we have all the quality time in the world, I can't fix whatever he's going through; that's up to him. I just feel very helpless about the whole thing.

I didn't think my mom had even noticed the change, but she is actually talking to a friend about it on the phone right now. Listening to her talk about it is making it even more real than last night when he and I talked.

I really hope this doesn't turn into another relapse situation, guys. He's at a year and a half clean and sober and has been doing SO well up until the past month or so. I will be heartbroken if he loses all of that.

• Options
    @swazzle, I wholeheartedly approve of the movies or trivia or whatever you need to do to distract yourself.

@clogreeneyes, you, your brother, and your family are in my thoughts.
  • Options
    @alpacina WELCOME TO THE CLUB. We meet once a month, like periods are supposed to.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @Swazzle - Oh no! That's horrible, I'm so sorry! I really hope something magically works out, I can't imagine how disappointed and stressed out you are right now!

• Options

Thanks @keptinstitches, @twodimes, and @speakeasy14. It is super-scary, but I know he can do this - he just needs to remember not to isolate himself. He's out looking for a job that will give him more hours right now, so that's at least SOMETHING, and he said he plans on going to a meeting tonight. I have hope. It's just scary when it starts to feel so familiar to the way it was before, I guess.

I appreciate the love and thoughts! <3

• Options
    @Swazzle I'm so sorry! :( Buying/selling a house seems to be one of the most complicated and stressful experiences someone can go through. I really really REALLY hope it all works out soon. My parents sold their house last fall, and the whole process took about 3 months. They were near foreclosure and had to borrow money from my grandmother each month to pay the mortgage. The buyer's finances were murky at best, and the closing would fall through at the last minute every single time. FINALLY the buyer got a loan officer to approve her loan, and she bought the house around Christmas. She put the initial offer in around October 1. It was unreal. In the end, it all worked out, but it was definitely a struggle. The realtors involved both said they always advise clients to wait and pack until after the deal has been closed because more often than not there are problems with the closing. I was REALLY hoping you guys would be able to breeze right on through everything. :( I sincerely hope you guys are able to buy the house and that it doesn't take anywhere near as long for you guys as it did for my parents. <3 I wish you guys lived closer-- I'd offer up my couch for you guys to stay and my garage for storage. *hugs*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards