Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Our English country wedding at Princess Diana's old School! (PRO PIC HEAVY!)

Hi all! i wanted to share some photos from my English country wedding at Princess Diana's old school in Sevenoaks England.

The School is a gorgeous stately looking building with a grand sweeping staircase and a beautiful recital room complete with stunning chandeliers. It also has lovely back lawns which are just beautiful! I wore a lovely Charlotte Balbier gown the 'Catherine' with a Charlotte Balbier lace bolero. I felt like a Princess, which was very fitting for the setting of our wedding! I had 7 (yes 7!) Bridesmaids who are all my closest friends and family. My gorgeous girls wore long navy gowns with a single white hydrangea. They were such a beautiful entourage! I wanted to go for a classic elegant look and keep things smart and sophisticated!

My bridesmaids and Mum travelled to the venue in a cool Bentley limo and I followed with my Dad in a gorgeous classic bridal car! The ceremony was lovely and we said our vows infront of some cool massive light up letters which were our initials! It was a hugely emotional ceremony but with lots of laughs too!

After the ceremony we were serenaded by the Royal Tunbridge Wells Orpheus Male Voice choir on the lawn. My stepfather is in the choir and they were the perfect addition to champagne and canapés! A quintessentially English vibe! We were really lucky with the weather, it was dry warm and bright with sunny spells which was perfect as rain was threatening all week! Phew!

The ceremony was extremely emotional. In some of the pictures you will see my 88 year old Grandma who was so overwhelmed by everything. We lost my Grandad a few years back, I was so close to him and the day was a real mix of emotions for all of us, I wish more than anything that he could have been there. I made sure he was remembered with some special touches throughout the day. My grandparents were married 60 years and are a true testament to marriage. I aspire to have a marriage as strong and beautiful as theirs.

It was the best day and I wish I could bottle that happiness and keep it in a little jar J At the end of the night we had a lantern exit to our wedding car and the guests waved us off! Perfect!

I got to marry my very best friends in front of all the people I love the most in the world!It doesn’t get better from that! Some of my favourite images from the day are not the posed ones, but the ones that hold the most emotion and tell our story. The special moment I clap eyes on my Grandma as we walk down the aisle. The laughter between David and I during the ceremony and my bridesmaids and family with their eyes full of happy tears, not to mention the laughter and joy during the speeches!!!!! It was a day I will never forget! 

I hope you enjoy the pics! There are quite a few! Sorry! Thanks for reading! 

Re: Our English country wedding at Princess Diana's old School! (PRO PIC HEAVY!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards