Canada-Ontario

Floral Centerpieces

Hi there,

Does anyone have any recommendations of florists or grocery stores to get floral centerpieces (and how much they cost!) - I've contacted a few florists but the prices seem outrageous.

Thanks!

Re: Floral Centerpieces

• ahyatt87ahyatt87 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Flowers were my splurg item. We booked Pink Twig and were thrilled with the results. We spent about $2000.00, and avoided the delivery charge by picking them up ourselves. My Bouquet was $175, 3 bridesmaid bouquets were $195, 6 boutonnieres $90, 3 parent boutonnieres and 2 parent coursages $105, reception flowers $450, ceremoney flowers $400, taxes $262. What vendor have you contacted for quotes?

ETA: strange formatting
  • Yeah I need all that plus centerpieces for 25-30 tables! I'm getting quotes of 5-8k. It's frustrating because I worked it out and I could do it myself for $1200 max, but clearly I won't be able to be putting together centerpieces the night before my wedding.

I'll have to come up with another option. I'm looking into real touch flowers now!
  • Yeah, the centerpieces are probably bumping up the cost. My arrangements were $55/table, and I only had 8 tables.

Have you looked into grocery stores? I know some Loblaws also have florists who put arrangements together. It may be cheaper than other vendors. Just a thought. Also, the type of flowers you choose will make a big differences (e.g., gerbra daisies are cheaper than cala lillies) and choosing flowers that are in bloom for the season will help too.

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards