Just Engaged and Proposals

How Do I Deal With An Embarrassing How We Met Story?

2»

Answers

• @esstee33 Yeah, I suppose you're right. I can't say we met in college because all of our friends and family know we didn't attend the same college
    Have you considered just owning it?  Online dating is so common these days that I don't think there is anything weird at all about saying you met online. 

• @esstee33 Yeah, I suppose you're right. I can't say we met in college because all of our friends and family know we didn't attend the same college
    Have you considered just owning it?  Online dating is so common these days that I don't think there is anything weird at all about saying you met online. 
    Yes, why can't you just say you met online? 
  • Does anyone even read the "how we met" part of the wedding website? IF I go to the wedding website its becasue I lost the invite and need details or I am looking for registry info.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:
    Does anyone even read the "how we met" part of the wedding website? IF I go to the wedding website its becasue I lost the invite and need details or I am looking for registry info.
    I will now - since so many people don't know how to summarize and G-rate their story!!!
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
    For the years that you were in college, you didn't meet ANYONE who did not attend your college? 

During those years, I met a lot of people who went to my school but I also met a ton of people who went to other schools. 

Or you could just say "we met online". BFD? These days it's not all that unusual.
    *********************************************************************************

• I would just say that you met at a college party when you came to give some friends a ride home.  You can even make a joke about how doing the right thing/a good deed lead to such a great reward for you!

No need to mention the parts of the story you don't care for.
  • What all the other PPs said. Don't create an issue where none exists :) you met each other and now you're getting married! Yay!

• If the "how we met" is longer than a sentence, I get bored and roll my eyes. Nobody really cares that much. They don't need a whole story. Keep it simple and don't overthink it.

H and I met on World of Warcraft. Instead of saying, "My mage had just hit level 72, and my guild disintegrated, so I was bored. My friend got me into a guild, and H was the guild leader. We started raiding together and talking on Vent. We were just friends at first, but then he told me he had feelings for me. I flew to Oregon to meet him, and then he moved to Michigan to be with me."

Blah blah blah blah boring nobody cares.

So, I tell people we met online. If they're gamers, I say we met on WoW. It's no big deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards