Honeymoon Discussions

los cabos?

ever been? what what your budget? did you enjoy it?

Re: los cabos?

• I've been twice. I stayed at the Westin Los Cabos the first time and Zoetry Casa Del Mar the second time. Cost willl depend on many things, including time of year, where you are traveling from, how long you choose to stay, and what resort you choose. There are many to choose from, but some are closed through early 2015 because of the recent hurricane.

We enjoy going there because it's very close to home for us and it's an easy long weekend to just relax by a pool and be pampered. Keep in mind that many beaches in Cabo are not swimmable and it's more of a desert landscape than lush tropical.

• Jells2dot0! i appreciate your opinions because i've been lurking for awhile and know that you're supremely well-traveled! we would be traveling from NY. i'm nervous about our honeymoon because it will be during hurricane season. i want to do something different, because he's been to hawaii before.
  • My FIL lives in Cabo. It is gorgeous but as Jells said, it's not lush tropical. The recent hurricane caused A LOT of damage, but if you are talking about hurricane season I assume you mean next fall? Hopefully it will all be back to normal by then.

Cabo is expensive and (IMHO) very Americanized compared to other places in Mexico.
  • lulu0405 said:
    Jells2dot0! i appreciate your opinions because i've been lurking for awhile and know that you're supremely well-traveled! we would be traveling from NY. i'm nervous about our honeymoon because it will be during hurricane season. i want to do something different, because he's been to hawaii before.
    You'll spend a lot of time traveling from NY and have the same chance of a hurricane in Cabo as the Caribbean. This year's hurricane season was way more active in the Pacific. I recommend purchasing a solid trip insurance plan and you'll be covered in the case of any issues. More likely than not, you'll be able to go on your trip as planned. 

• Personally, I would not travel all the way from NY for Cabo. We've gone because it is a super quick trip from us, living in Vegas, but it is not my ideal beach vacation at all. The waters are rough, the beaches aren't soft white sand, and it isn't lush or tropical as PPs said. I would definitely say you should take your chances and go to the Caribbean. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards