Chit Chat

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Apparently my friends want to go bar hopping tonight. I haven't actually been out drinking on Halloween in I don't remember when. So, I have to come up with a last minute costume. I'm either going to put on all my ski clothes and be a skier OR I'm going as Basic White Girl. Leggings, Uggs, big sunglasses, Pumpkin Spice Latte. An easy costume to put together, and (sadly?) I already have all of this in my closet. 

And thankfully that's pretty much all I have planned for the rest of the weekend. 

Re: What's everyone doing this weekend?

• I think there will be a lot of basic girls out this halloween. Whether they're in costume or not.... :) I vote skier! 

Handing out candy tonight, then a housewarming/Halloween party. Tomorrow I have a bachelorette in a town a few hours away, so I'll be staying over night there. This girl is the sweetest thing ever and I can't wait to celebrate her! Other than that, just getting my tires rotated...awesome!
    *********************************************************************************

• I have a Halloween event for work tonight. I should be home by 8:30 pm.  Then FI and I are going to a Halloween bon fire at a friend's house. It is a costume party but we didn't plan anything. I told FI we could get a white shirt and write "Life" on it and hand people lemons. He said that was dumb, haha. *shrug* We suck at costumes.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to my first fitting from alterations and hoping I can bring it home with me because I have Bridal portraits next Sunday. I'm nervous because the bust was looking wonky when she pinned it.

Tomorrow night we're having a potluck dinner at my friend and her husband's house. Any suggestions on what to bring. I'm definitely taking mashed potatoes but don't know what else. I thought about maybe a chicken pie or pulled pork?

Sunday is full of birthday festivities with the FILs and my mom.

• I think there will be a lot of basic girls out this halloween. Whether they're in costume or not.... :) I vote skier! 

Handing out candy tonight, then a housewarming/Halloween party. Tomorrow I have a bachelorette in a town a few hours away, so I'll be staying over night there. This girl is the sweetest thing ever and I can't wait to celebrate her! Other than that, just getting my tires rotated...awesome!
    You're right! There probably will be a lot of basic costumes. And I worry if it might be offensive or sort of anti-feminist to dress up as that. Hmm. 
  • larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    UGH don't be basic. I don't like sterotype costumes of any kind. Bleh!

I like the skier!!!

I'm dressing as Rosie the Riveter for work then I think just pumpkin carving/horror movie with some friends. I brewed a giant batch of apple pie.Then the rest of the weekend I will sleep off my gigantic hangover like every halloween.

I love halloween.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh please go as a basic white girl! You can be super comfy all night and still say you have a costume on.

Tonight we're handing out candy and then I'll probably go to bed. I have been feeling nauseous since last night and have a pounding headache.

Tomorrow H and I are going car shopping for him. He wants a litte SUV with all wheel drive since our winters suck and we live out in the boonies now. He's going to test drive a CR-V and a Rav4 and hopefully just buy one of them tomorrow. Car shopping just sucks the life out of me. Luckily he's going to take me for BBQ for lunch tomorrow since I agreed to go with him.

Sunday we don't have really anything going on. His football team is on a bye week so I don't have to listen to him be sad because his team sucks. We might go to my in-laws for Sunday night dinner.  

• @cupcait927 My BFF just got a Rav4 and she loves it. She said it was more roomy and handled a little better than the CR-V, but that's all personal preference.

I will say that when FI hit a deer, the car was in the shop for 3 weeks and we had the Rav4 as a rental car and loved it. 

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    I'm working today, then going to get my hair colored (going a few shades lighter) then getting my toes done for our trip.

I'm working all weekend since i do not get PTO and we are gone for 10 days  I figured might has well get some extra hours in before I got.

One of DH's co-workers is having a b-day party up in Aspen tomorrow night.  I think we will attend.   I feel like I'm getting old though.  They are meeting up at 9:30pm.  I have to work the next day and right now I'm not feeling 100% (lots of sneezing, stuffy nose and light cough).  I'm so scared to overextend myself and end up sick on vacation. DH thinks I'm being paranoid.

Sunday's plan is work, football, back to work.  Clean the house for the dog sitter.

Now that I re-read this I'm tried just thinking about my "weekend".

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Oh please go as a basic white girl! You can be super comfy all night and still say you have a costume on.

Tonight we're handing out candy and then I'll probably go to bed. I have been feeling nauseous since last night and have a pounding headache.

Tomorrow H and I are going car shopping for him. He wants a litte SUV with all wheel drive since our winters suck and we live out in the boonies now. He's going to test drive a CR-V and a Rav4 and hopefully just buy one of them tomorrow. Car shopping just sucks the life out of me. Luckily he's going to take me for BBQ for lunch tomorrow since I agreed to go with him.

Sunday we don't have really anything going on. His football team is on a bye week so I don't have to listen to him be sad because his team sucks. We might go to my in-laws for Sunday night dinner.  

This was totally my motivation behind it. I want to be comfy and warm. 
  • H and I are boring. We plan on vegging on the couch, watching horror movies, and then passing out whatever candy we haven't eaten to trick-or-treaters.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @emmaaa I've heard awesome things about the Rav4s and I already have a Camry so I'm partial to Toyotas. He's already leaning towards the Rav4 because he can get one that's a year newer (2012 over 2011 CR-V) that has less mileage for a slightly lower price. I'm just hoping he decides on one or the other tomorrow because all he's done ALL week is show me pictures and stats on cars!
  • larrygaga said:

I like the skier!!!

I'm dressing as Rosie the Riveter for work then I think just pumpkin carving/horror movie with some friends. I brewed a giant batch of apple pie.Then the rest of the weekend I will sleep off my gigantic hangover like every halloween.

I love halloween.
    I was Rosie once! I loved it! I mastered the hair and bandana, but then people were stupid and didn't know who she was :( sad. 

FILs are coming this weekend. I have a crap ton of wedding things to do tomorrow: drop off ring to get redipped, final dress fitting JIC, make bouquets and boutineers, write some thank yous for a work surprise shower I had, order kegs, buy boxes of wine, taste test the champagne we want, pay rehearsal dinner caterer. I'm tired just thinking about it, and I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking about. 

• We are supposed to take family pictures tomorrow outside. So I got all excited and picked out a cute dress nd boots to wear and something equally cute for thet baby. Dont care what H wears, he can dress himself. I woke this morning and its SNOWING. like really snowing. It is way too early for that. Plus, my fmaily picures wont be cute if we are all wearinghuge jackets and hats.

I hate halloween. So I will be hiding inside watching Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Say Anything, or Thelma and Louise, neither of which I have seen and I figure its about time.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am in Ohio with my brother for his surgery. He had a quad bypass and pacemaker in August. Today they are going to operate on his right carotid that is over 90% blocked. In about a month. They will do the left side in about a month, it is over 80% blocked. I cleaned out his fridge while he was in the hospital and it was GLARINGLY apparent why his vascular system is hosed. Our parents were both in their 40's (43 & 44) when they died of heart disease. Hello big brother. .....

He is a high stroke risk so I would be very grateful for prayers, good vibes, hugs and cookies. If all goes well he will be home tomorrow.

All is not lost on the weekend though. If all goes well and he is released tomorrow we are making a beeline back to Michigan and going to see the Doobie Brothers. We REALLY want to go but my brother comes first.
  • We call that the North Face Mafia. Trucker hat, North Face fleece, leggings, Uggs, Starbucks, Coach purse.

I have a half day today that I'm hoping will be super productive - driving across town to close out a loan at a credit union (WOOO no bad debt by the end of the year!), prepping food for tomorrow's party (guac and spinach balls, will do the rest tomorrow), buy a baby shower present for the shower tomorrow morning, finish my Ms Frizzle dress (just needs a zipper and hems, might applique on a felt rocket ship if I have time), drive to the Great North to visit ze bebehs and see them trick or treat as a knight and a dragon and check out BIL's awesome haunted yard. Tomorrow, baby shower (baby's already born so at least I get snuggles) and PARTY DOWN. And drink ALL THE DRINKS in honor of @MagicInk's REAL LIFE LEGAL WEDDING!

• @emmaaa I've heard awesome things about the Rav4s and I already have a Camry so I'm partial to Toyotas. He's already leaning towards the Rav4 because he can get one that's a year newer (2012 over 2011 CR-V) that has less mileage for a slightly lower price. I'm just hoping he decides on one or the other tomorrow because all he's done ALL week is show me pictures and stats on cars!
    I swear, it's like we're the same person. I have a Camry too, and I just called Toyota this week to see about possibly getting the Rav 4 before my lease is up. 
  • Boring weekend here, which is more than welcome!  Handing out candy tonight, then there is zero plans the rest of the weekend.  Zilch.  Hallelujah.

• larrygaga said:

I like the skier!!!

I love halloween.
    I was Rosie once! I loved it! I mastered the hair and bandana, but then people were stupid and didn't know who she was :( sad. 

FILs are coming this weekend. I have a crap ton of wedding things to do tomorrow: drop off ring to get redipped, final dress fitting JIC, make bouquets and boutineers, write some thank yous for a work surprise shower I had, order kegs, buy boxes of wine, taste test the champagne we want, pay rehearsal dinner caterer. I'm tired just thinking about it, and I'm sure there's more I'm not thinking about. 
    I work in a nursing home/hospice so if people don't know who she is I will be seriously confused. It's upsetting that nobody knew who she was, she is pretty iconic. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kmmssg said:
    I am in Ohio with my brother for his surgery. He had a quad bypass and pacemaker in August. Today they are going to operate on his right carotid that is over 90% blocked. In about a month. They will do the left side in about a month, it is over 80% blocked. I cleaned out his fridge while he was in the hospital and it was GLARINGLY apparent why his vascular system is hosed. Our parents were both in their 40's (43 & 44) when they died of heart disease. Hello big brother. ..... He is a high stroke risk so I would be very grateful for prayers, good vibes, hugs and cookies. If all goes well he will be home tomorrow. All is not lost on the weekend though. If all goes well and he is released tomorrow we are making a beeline back to Michigan and going to see the Doobie Brothers. We REALLY want to go but my brother comes first.
    Lots of good vibes and thoughts for your brother! 
  • H and I are boring. We plan on vegging on the couch, watching horror movies, and then passing out whatever candy we haven't eaten to trick-or-treaters.

Aw, you're truly now an old married hag. Embrace it! ;)
  • @cupcait927 - Get a Buick Encore! They come in all wheel drive. I ordered one and should be getting it soon. So excited!
    *********************************************************************************

• @southernbelle0915 I'm going to try and convince H to test drive more than just two cars this weekend. We've never owned anything larger than a sedan so I want him to get a feel for what's out there, because he never knows what he could fall in love with.
  • I always go to my parents' house for Halloween. They'll get 400-500 trick-or-treaters so they make a party of it: lots of sangria while watching the little kids and handing out candy, followed by more sangria and homemade pizza. I plan on getting sloshed because I'm already having the day from hell. Given that I got up at 3 AM for work today, I'll leave early unless this hell continues. Then the drinking will start earlier.

Tomorrow is an oil change, house cleaning, and grocery shopping. Hoping I can talk DH into a movie or some other date night but it depends on how his homework goes. Otherwise, more wine and Netflix.

Not sure about Sunday but I suspect I'll bring lunch to my gramma's. She's been hideous to my mother lately (the joys of dementia) so I'll let my mom off the hook for the day. Her caregiver is off on weekends so I'll be nice.

• I'm going to a bar tonight to see a DJ my friends and I really like, Pumpkin (which...is perfect for Halloween, haha.) I'm going as David Bowie as the Goblin King in Labyrinth, complete with three pairs of socks stuffed in my leggings.

Saturday I'm helping the public relations team at work with a conference. Yawn.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kat1114 Congratulations!!!!!
  • I'm doing some patch designs for a USAF buddy and painting for a while tonight. I have got to finish the pinup girls or I'm going to look like THE BIGGEST asshole.

I also need to clean my house like a motherfucker because FMIL invited herself over to look at the fucking shelf I bought for my kitchen. That I showed her the amazon page for when she was at the house 2 weeks ago, and spent 15 minutes zooming in on it so she could look at it then.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I'm super busy this weekend when originally I only had a party tonight! H and I are dressing as Bonnie and Clyde and we have a party tonight and tomorrow night. Then we have a birthday/hangout and watch football party Sunday for one of H's friends.
  • OH also if you guys haven't already, go to google a few times and look at all the doodles. They're so cute!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Can I ask a random question? I am always behind on things, so bear with me.

When did "basic" become an insult? And what does it ACTUALLY mean?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards