Not Engaged Yet

FINALLY Friday (and happy Halloween!)

CLoGreenEyesCLoGreenEyes member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited October 2014 in Not Engaged Yet

Hey ladies, happy Friday and happy Halloween!

This is the dance I'm doing today because 1) I only work one eight hour shift this weekend, 2) I get to turn in my resignation today because I got my official offer!, and 3) I love Halloween! I'm seeing some friends later tonight for scary movies, pizza, and beer, and a girlfriend and I are going to see Gone Girl together on Sunday. Should be a fun and spooky weekend.

What are you all up to tonight and this weekend?

Re: FINALLY Friday (and happy Halloween!)

• edited October 2014
    @CloGreenEyes - Congrats on the official offer!!!! When do you start?

My plan for this weekend:

Tonight - Gym, then LOTS of cleaning, then helping FI look for jobs, and working on some Etsy stuff.

Tomorrow - Waiting impatiently for @Buddysmom80 to get to my house, then taking the train into the city with her and meeting up with @Swazzle for drunk brunch, after which, shenanigans will ensue. FI will drive in to meet us as some point, and then he'll chauffeur us home so that we don't have to deal with the train, and then we get to have a SLEEPOVER!!!

Sunday - After I tearfully say goodbye to @Buddysmom80 and @Swazzle, I'm going to try to convince FI to take me to BBB so that we can start our registry. Maybe between football games? Is there a break at some point? Why do I not know these things by now? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Hummingbird125, thanks! I start November 19. :) Have so much fun at your boozy brunch and sleepover with @Swazzle and @buddysmom80, that is a trio of awesome right there!

• @CLoGreenEyes - Congrats on the offer! That's so exciting! Your weekend sounds like a blast! 

@Hummingbird125 - I will see you in 17 hours.

I am surprisingly in a nice mood today. I had an emotional breakdown when I got home from work last night and I'm thinking, maybe I needed it? @GoldenPenguin helped calm me down and then I finished packing up the apartment. H got home really late from work and we did a bunch of last minute things. He's picking up the U-Haul and taking everything to storage while I'm at work today so when I get home, it'll be an empty apartment except for what we're taking to my aunt's for the next month-ish and the animals and their things. 

My parents are meeting us at my aunt's to pick up the babies. This is what's hardest on me. I'm so worried about how Bailey and Hailey are going to react to all of this change and having to go through it all without me (Lucy goes to my parents all the time and Brody is young enough that he's not affected nearly as much). I'm going to miss them :(

But yes, brunch tomorrow with 2 of my favorite people on the planet and then a sleepover tomorrow night! 

Sunday, I'll meet H in the city for football and then we'll head home. 

• Also, my coworker and I decided we're not allowing CNN or CNBC on the TV today. Scary movies ALL DAY. Right now we're watching a fake Children of the Corn and at 10 we're switching to Halloween: Resurrection. This is my favorite part about Halloween. I've been watching Michael Myers every night for a week and it's been glorious! 

• FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAAAAAAAAAAAY!

@CLoGreenEyes - Congrats on the offer! That is awesome!!

I am looking forward to my weekend.

Tonight FI and I are having dinner with his mom and then manning her front door for any possible (unlikely) trick-or-treaters while she finishes packing to go to Florida for the month (jealous). Since there will probably be very few children we will probably spend the rest of the evening watching a movie and eating candy. YAY.

Tomorrow I am sleeping in and if anyone disturbs me I will cut them. I have been so tired this week and need a good long sleep. FI will probably be done hockey and back and showered and all of that before I get out of bed...I'm secretly hoping he will be sweet and make me breakfast. Then tomorrow afternoon we're going to my friend's son's first birthday party. I cannot believe that child is 1 already! Then probably something with my friends after, or possibly hit a co-worker's Halloween party.

Sunday is church, then I'm headed back downtown to do a few things and change and then going to see Wicked with my sister! It's the last show of the run in Toronto and I'm super excited because we both loooove it and it will be a nice sister date.

And then I will be sad when it's Monday.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Swazzle - it's so sad that you have to be separated from your babies!  at least you're having boozy brunch with @Hummingbird125 and @buddysmom80 this weekend... that's something fun to look forward to!

@CLGreenEyes - congrats on the offer!!!  what exciting news!!

I am excited it's Halloween!  I don't get in to the scary stuff (surprise, surprise) but Halloween is the start of the festive time of year, at least in my house!

I got up at 5:30 today (normal time), but I don't have to be in until 7:30 instead of 6:45, so I did my 45 minute PiYo work out and then got ready for work.  I was a sweaty mess and my sports bra strap kept coming undone, but I did it and it was great.

I'm at work now, sipping my breakfast shake.  every once in a while I get a chunk of spinach that didn't get blended up very well.  yuck.

I'm off at 11:30 today.  meeting H for lunch (onion burgers and fries and a pumpkin shake!) and then running errands and getting groceries and rushing home to start handing out candy for trick-or-treaters!  can't wait!!
  • @CLoGreenEyes - YAAAAAAY, new job!!!!!

@severmilli12 - OMG...one of the best costume ideas I've ever heard of.

@Imcooper86 - WICKED!!  One of my faves.  I actually got to see it in New York about 2 weeks before Idina Menzel left...I'm thinking now that you brought it up I may need to pull out my soundtrack today.

I'm actually feeling pretty good today.  I went to bed early last night, and it took me a while to fall asleep (stupid congestion awfulness), but once I did I slept hard...Sleep Cycle said I had 94% sleep quality!  I got up and had my breakfast and Sudafed and went to campus and am sitting in the library having my coffee and it's just now 8:00!  I'm going to get a bunch of dissertation research done today...I'm also turning in my first 3 job applications for after graduation!  Eeek!

This weekend is going to be quiet.  I'm not a big Halloween person, so I'll probably observe it tonight by drinking lots of dark red wine and watching Buffy.  Tomorrow I'll probably either do some more research or work around the house.  Sunday I have church in the morning and Nutcracker rehearsal in the afternoon so that will take up most of the day.  I'll probably come home and just try to relax.
  • @swazzle, thank you! I'm sending vibes to your furbabies for an easy transition while all the house stuff gets sorted out. It sucks right now, but I'm sure once you are settled in the new place for good they will be quite happy again. Enjoy your Halloween movies! My boss is here until noon, so I have to keep the fun stuff on the DL until then.

@CocoBellaF‌ enjoy lunch with your H! I agree, it doesn't feel like fall and holiday time until Halloween arrives.
  • @CLoGreeneyes Yay congrats on the job offer!!

@swazzle I'm sorry you are worried about the kitties, I'm sure they will be fine. Have a good time in the city!!!  I'm so jealous you get to watch Halloween at work, I was watching it last night.

Happy Halloween everyone! I can't wait to get home and hand out candy to trick or treaters!! H & I decided we are going to the Halloween party tomorrow night.  I'm going as a penguin and H is going as Billy Madison.  It should be fun. I'm baking some cookies tonight to bring along for the party tomorrow.  Sunday our goddaughter is getting baptised.  I'm so excited for it and they're hosting a small party after.  I love my goddaughter she is the cutest thing ever. 

Last night I met friends for dinner, there was some time to kill between work and dinner so I went to the near by mall. I can't go into Sur La Table without walking out with something.  I'm addicted to that store.  I also went into a baby clothes store, looking for some things to get my niece and the stuff was so cute I wanted to buy it all. 

Anniversary

• @Swazzle - Ugh, I am sorry that you have to ship the babies off to your parents. Even harder that you don't know how long they're going to be there. I hope your cats do okay, at least you know Lucy and Brody will be fine.

@futuremrshistorian - I would have loved to see Wicked with Idina Menze!! My mom and sister and I saw it in NY a few years ago and my sister was SO excited when it came back to Toronto. I'm really looking forward to it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @CLoGreenEyes Congratulations on your official offer letter!! So exciting!!!!

@Hummingbird125 @buddysmom80 and @Swazzle Have a wonderful time at boozy brunch this weekend! I'll be jealously thinking of you.

@Swazzle I'm sorry you have to be separated from your babies...I sincerely hope this process happens quickly and smoothly and you guys can be reunited again soon in your new forever home! <3

I somehow managed to screw up my work computer so today I'm trying to figure out what's going on. It's just being all screwy and super annoying...otherwise I'm supposed to meet @southernpeach89 for lunch and then later this evening H and I are going to pass out candy at my parent's house and eat potato soup and maybe make some cider. I honestly don't know what our weekend plans are. I think we're going to the bank to get me added to his account so we can deposit our wedding checks and the cash we got and maybe looking at listing off some other financial planning stuff we should do.

• Happy Halloween, ladies!

@clogreeneyes, Congrats on the official offer! 

@swazzle, I'm glad you're feeling better today.  Sometimes crying it out is the best remedy.

As for me, I'm planning on making caramel apples tonight.  We did that every year when I was a little girl, and I want to get back into holiday traditions.  (I've been so bad about it in recent years!)  Then I plan on watching scary movies with DH and having epic snuggles.

No other major plans for this weekend except major housework and trying my damnedest to get back on a normal sleep cycle.

I can't believe November starts tomorrow.  Holy hell, where has the year gone?
  • Happy Halloween!

@clogreeneyes, congratulations on the official offer!

No real plans this weekend. Knit. Take inventory. Figure out what I'll need to tag my items for the show. I think we have gaming tonight - can't come up with a reason we wouldn't, anyway.
  • @CLoGreenEyes - Yeah for the job offer!

@Swazzle - You deserve a break down.  I hope you and @Hummingbird125 and @Buddysmom80 have a great boozy brunch.

-------------------

I'm in a great mood this morning.  H got me flowers last night after my workout but before our meditation class.  They are adoreable and I love flowers.

I'm working today and have quite a bit to do.  I got my workout in this morning thankfully so I'm set for all the food and drinks that will be at my sister's halloween party.  I feel bad I'm not bringing anything but myself but our kitchen is out of order due to the remodel.  Looking forward to handing out candy to the little ones!!

• @Twodimes I have an actual penguin costume. H found it for me off amazon

Anniversary

CLoGreenEyes congratulations on the offer!!!!

@swazzle Hopefully the short sale process goes quickly so you can be reunited with all your furbabies. 

severmilli12 love your costume idea!! Can't wait to see the final product

lmcooper86 Wicked is on my list of shows to see

loves2shop4shoes I used to go apple picking and then make caramel apples as kid, but now I just go to Getrude Hawk for their caramel apples.  Ugh I need to be more festive, I think I'm going to follow your lead and make my own. 

I have no real plans for this weekend, just going to clean and pack, oh and eat candy. 
  • @CLoGreenEyes-Congrats on the official offer, that's exciting!
    @Swazzle, sending out good vibes to you and your fur babies I'm sure your fur babies will adjust ok once you're in the new house

BF and I are going to a Halloween party tonight-We finished making our costumes last night, we're going as Fred and Wilma Flinestone, and I'm really excited with how well they turned out.

Saturday I'm at work early since it's our three year anniversary in business! I'm providing coffee and doughnuts for all our customers, and basically having a little birthday party.

Sunday will be lazy day, then football at night since the Ravens don't play until late.
  • @futuremrshistorian‌, yay for job applications! Ugh, they are sooo much fun. I don't remember reading that you're gonig to be in The Nutcracker, that's awesome!

@peaseblossom55, you and @southernpeach89 are penguin costume twins! That's adorable!

@loves2shop4shoes, enjoy your caramel apples! I know what you mean; 2014 went by SUPER fast. I hope 2015 lasts a little longer - it freaks me out that time is starting to pick up like this.

@TwoDimes, your costume sounds super cute! Have fun buying all your grown-up stuff!

• @CLoGreenEyes- That sounds like a great night! I'm hoping to do about the same. And congrats on the new job!

@lmcooper86 - That weekend sounds great! I just bought my tickets to see Wicked for the 3rd time, haha. A friend of mine hasn't seen it, and I'm definitely willing to go again, except it's in August! Lame.

@MsSparky - I was Wilma for Halloween in middle school! It was my first completely homemade costume. I made her white necklace by string Styrofoam balls together with thread.

----------------------------

So far I am the only one dressed up at work. And I have this awesome masquerade mask on with a moustache and a giant nose, but the nose is making it feel weird to look at my computer screen.

But I look kickass in a suit and tie.

Tonight I plan on watching The Exorcist and Nightmare Before Christmas while drinking wine. We don't get kids because our street is too dangerous. I will go to bed reasonably early because my favorite holiday bazaar is tomorrow morning, and you have to get in line nice and early if you want to get in on time!

Sunday we are building a cover for our dog area, because he's mostly in the rain right now. I'd rather his dog house wasn't his only shelter in the dog run. So it will probably be raining while we work on that. Fun fun.

• @phira, what a fabulous costume! I used to love the kids' game show they made out of Carmen Sandiego back in the day. I will take another peek at your vows, but I remember reading them yesterday and loving them! A few jokes, a few tender moments - they sound complete to me!

• @CLoGreenEyes - Congrats on the official offer! That is so exciting!

I don't really have any plans for this weekend. BF and I will probably watch some scary movies tonight but we already watched our favorites last weekend while pumpkin carving. I highly suggest Tucker & Dale vs. Evil to anyone watching scary movies this weekend. It's more of a spoof on scary movies than an actual scary movie but it's hilarious. We'll also hand out candy tonight which I'm pretty excited for!

• @phira - I love that!  H and I were supposed to dress up as Carmen Sandiago and Where's Waldo last year but we didn't end up making that party.  Tonight he is working late and can't make the party so I'm just going with a witch.
  • @bethsmiles, I LOVE Tucker and Dale vs. Evil. OMG. I saw it a month ago for the first time and was absolutely hysterical with laughter. Isn't there a sequel in the works, or is my mind making this up?
  • @CLoGreenEyes - I haven't heard of a sequel but these days it seems like everything gets a sequel so it's a definite possibility. BF and I only discovered it last year and now it's our favorite movie to watch around Halloween! I honestly can't believe it's not more popular!

• minskat30 said:
    @phira - I love that!  H and I were supposed to dress up as Carmen Sandiago and Where's Waldo last year but we didn't end up making that party.  Tonight he is working late and can't make the party so I'm just going with a witch.
    That was supposed to be our couple's costume last year, but I was too sick to go to any parties (J went as Waldo to work and people thought it was awesome). We're not doing any parties this year either, but I couldn't convince him to dress up for work again. Oh well!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014

I told my coworker about my costume and she brought me a cape! It's intensely heavy, but it has a beautiful purple liner. It's keeping me super warm, and it may lull me into nap mode being this comfortable.

Tucker and Dale is such an epic movie. I just watched it last week for the 5th or so time. Dale is just such a freakin cutie. Did any of you watch that show where he plays a medium? I thought it was just so so.

If anyone likes actual scary movies, I'd recommend Sinister. That is a fucking freaky movie, and the end is GREAT. Not your typical horror movie - everything turns out alright sort of ending.

ETA: That last sentence is supposed to convey that everything does NOT turn out alright. Not sure why I put that dash there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards