Wedding Woes

FriiiiiiDay!

This week has flown by.  This weekend is not much of anything.  I need to organize my freezers because of all the junk I put in it this week (soup and stock). DH has an oil change Saturday morning.  Next week is also pretty light so I might need work on my closet.

I had my first work assignment.  I must have passed the test since she's letting me have direct contact with the president of the company.  He went to my college at the exact same time as me.  Thankfully I don't recognize him at all, but I wouldn't be surprised to find out I waited on him at some point in time.

Re: FriiiiiiDay!

• I'm so ready for it to be 10pm tonight. I work today, go home to meet with the feeding therapist, then take PF to PT, then come home and make dinner while H carves the pumpkins, then hopefully have some ToTers since I bought a shitton of candy, then go to bed.

I want this weekend to be beyond low key but I know that H is going to insist on doing "stuff"
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited October 2014

6let got his first report card.  He did an awesome job so DH is taking him to a Crew game tomorrow.

My kids made it through almost 2 hrs of TorT.  Max was even walking a lot of it.

ETA: The pic was goofy so I deleted

• Go, 6! 

I was so proud of myself:  I got DD on the bus in her Elsa costume, including wig and tiara, remembered to tuck a Frozen book in her backpack, had her water and snack, got DS into his costume and packed his book, had a change of clothes for him, the Olaf headpiece, and his raisins for his class party.  Remembered DD's special Turkey Elsa art project (don't ask), because it is too big and delicate to survive a bus ride in her backpack--I'm hand-delivering it when I show up for her class party later today.  Even managed to remember to grab some instant oatmeal for breakfast and leftovers for lunch.  Traffic is good, I'm making good time, get a great parking spot at daycare, go to take DS out of his car seat and...

He's not wearing shoes.  Mom fail.  Fortunately, DH took today off, so he's going to drop them off.  But I felt like a big dunce.       
  • Damn Heffa, I want coffee just reading all that. 

I think we're going to the playground.

• I am trying to get as much done around the house as possible because we're having houseguests all weekend. 

DefConn did not want to go to school or wear his costume today.  His costume is really only his shell and the eye mask since I wasn't going to risk him taking the 'combat' part of the combat pack to school.  He was cranky this morning.  :(  He did ask where his costume stuff was when I dropped him off, so maybe he'll come around.  

The mower guy is dropping off the zero turn around 1pm today.  That's not really a good time for me work-wise, but what can you do?  I'm hoping BIL./SIL are here by then and BIL can take care of the delivery. If not, oh well. 

I need to catch up on last night's TV.  I cannot believe that they're already talking about 'winter finales' for shows, but it is November as of tomorrow.  Where has this *year* gone? 
  • Cinderelly DD made an encore today for school. And again tomorrow when dance class has costume day.

Best thing about WFH on Halloween. Silly sugar skull tank top is my costume. And horror movie marathon all. Day. Long! Tonight, maybe a little T or T, or just have DD hand out candy in her costume.

Sat is dance class, fall festival at DDs school, then clean the house for grilled meat/Doctor Who season ending two-parter. Sunday hopefully is housecleaning and boxing up/itemizing a bunch of stuff to donate. It's the make your house spotless and clean prior to winter. Before you're stuck in it all winter.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2014
    The Halloween festivities were going on in the office yesterday.  One my teammates was hiding in one of the large paper recycling bins and pranking the shit out of management yesterday.  The videos are classic. 
  • 6fsn said:

Damn Heffa, I want coffee just reading all that. 

I even remembered my coffee!  It just killed me that I remembered all the extra stuff, and whiffed something as basic as "Is my kid wearing shoes?"  And I was the one who put him in his car seat, it's not like I didn't see him before we left.

Congrats on your new mower, mrs.conn.  And where has this year gone?  I finally ordered moving announcements (three months after we moved, but hey), and was like "The Christmas cards are up already?"  [glances at calendar]  Oh, right. 

Possibly unpopular:  I love photo cards.  Love them.  Sending and receiving.  I don't care how many times I read about people who don't care what your family/kids/cat look like this year, I love making them, and I'm sending them.  If people hate them, they can toss them. 
  • HA!  I haven't even thought about address change cards/moving announcements. Maybe I'll put them in our Christmas cards (if I can get my crap together to do those). 

I did our housewarming invite via FB.  IDGAF, ha. 

• Heffalump said:
    6fsn said:

Damn Heffa, I want coffee just reading all that. 

I even remembered my coffee!  It just killed me that I remembered all the extra stuff, and whiffed something as basic as "Is my kid wearing shoes?"  And I was the one who put him in his car seat, it's not like I didn't see him before we left.

Congrats on your new mower, mrs.conn.  And where has this year gone?  I finally ordered moving announcements (three months after we moved, but hey), and was like "The Christmas cards are up already?"  [glances at calendar]  Oh, right. 

Possibly unpopular:  I love photo cards.  Love them.  Sending and receiving.  I don't care how many times I read about people who don't care what your family/kids/cat look like this year, I love making them, and I'm sending them.  If people hate them, they can toss them. 
    Agreed.
  • I love photo cards, too.

This week HAS flown by.  Jeez.  We had ToT last night, and DD totally ignored her parents and ran door to door with her neighborhood friends.  I thought we had at least 1 more year of her wanting to hang with us.  :(

Tonight, no plans.  Tomorrow I'll need to go bday present shopping for my dad, nephew and aunt.  And I need to make some decisions about DD's bday party.  Her bday is on 11/13 and I've made zero plans.  Zero.  And people keep bugging me about it.

On Sunday, we'll go to my nephew's flag football game and then to a bday party for my dad, nephew and aunt.  The party will be held at a little pizza shop, and certain members of my family are VERY LOUD, so I'm not really looking forward to closed quarters for an extended period of time.  Ugh.
  • The end is near on the reno project. DH has the trim mostly installed in the rooms, my dad is here painting, and we'll move furniture in later. My downstairs powder room and laundry are going to be reassembled. Today I'm going to grab groceries and we are back to eating at home 100% of the time. My toe hurts less today which is good.

And this morning I found out I got a promotion. No idea of any pay raise (don't think I get one since it's lateral technically) but I don't care. Now I'm a "manager" level so that means I get those benefits, like more PTO.
  • I was told today that I got a raise, so I'm thrilled.  I've been patient, sat tight and hoped that I would be recognized for personal growth and determination.  I know I underplay and downgrade my contributions but I'm a good employee and I deserve it.  So there!

Everyone's weekends/night sound really fun.  I'm laying low with my pups, taking H dinner before I get ToTers and hopefully having a quiet night---while packing boxes and watching random TV.  :) 

Today's highlight?  I am taking my dad around the jobsite a bit---so that'll be fun.  Just in a vehicle, but still crazy.  :)  HUGE demolition and sitework project.  WHEE!  :):):)

Also, I love photo cards...and then I think "Oh Sh*T-we're moving around christmas".  SO do I do that...the whole address/moving thing with the christmas cards?  WHOA.
  • i love photo cards.

baby mo did the ToT at daycare yesterday. he did not pick a SINGLE piece of chocolate candy. if he hadn't been actually ripped from my womb, i would not believe we were related.
  • I love receiving photo cards.  They're much better than anything else, b/c I get to see the family and how they've grown.

So, WWers, send Varuna photo cards!  Seriously, I keep them on my fridge all the time.  I have multi years of some families and I love seeing the changes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards