Nevada-Las Vegas

I'm seriously considering ditching my venue for another but need advice

edited October 2014 in Nevada-Las Vegas
I'm not happy right now. I'm booked through Vegas Weddings, and while $2500 for a ceremony/reception including two limos, decor, flowers, 2 tier cake, 18 photos of ceremony, 10/14 of reception (NO posed though), is a good deal and all, I'm less than enthused. Now, my father is paying for this, so something tells me I should stay, but the photo package is what kind of ticks me off. I emailed my wedding coordinator to find out how much more to add on the extra photos and how many we'd get back. I was quoted the entire $795 PLUS a "service surcharge" (seriously? I guess this is typical for Vegas?), which is what they charge regularly outside of your package. You'd think I would get some sort of discount because of my package?? Also, she said the following: " The pre purchase package is a minimum guarantee of 95 images, you will have WAY more than that. We talking probably at least 200 images. " Seriously??? That's IT??? I'm thinking I should start considering other venues , but I don't know. Yes, my dad is paying for it (he insisted), and asked how much it was, which was $2500 (he's paid $1000 towards it so far). I know we get a refund if it's like a month in advance.

So, suck it up and deal with it? Or look into other options? I'm a bit peeved. You can't have ANY outside photographers at all (like other Vegas establishments) or allow your guests to take photos. Do I suck it up and fork out the $795 extra or do I keep my photography choosing appt the day after the wedding and try to negotiate a different price?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I'm seriously considering ditching my venue for another but need advice

• I guess it depends on how much you really like the venue.  Is the photography the only issue you have?
  • edited October 2014
    Well, the count is the other thing. If I want to add two more people, I have to pony up $1k MORE. Really? It does give you a bit more (like extra photos, but that's about it, and not much more from my current package) and a hot meal instead of the "light" buffet. Those are the two things bugging me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How many guests are you going to have?  I will say, that feeding people is expensive, so it's kind of nice that you have that covered in your package.
  • I upgraded from 20 to 28 (including us), which is the total we can have with our package. This meal we have is just sandwich fixings, and three appetizers. No drinks, but they do provide lemon water, coffee and tea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would say if you really like the venue, pay the extra. Do you like their photos? I guess that would be a big factor.

I'm not sure you could find all that somewhere else for 28 people.

But in the end, as I've learned this past week, you have to do what will make you happy and will be less stressful!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I guess it really depends on your budget and what else you would rather do.  Maybe do a mock up of a budget for what you think you would do instead to see if you can afford the other option.  
  • I have a feeling we will stick this one out. I DO love the venue where we are marrying. I am wondering if I can negotiate the price down AFTER the wedding...or if it's pointless. If it's pointless then I should likely just cancel my after wedding appt and buy all photos (waste of my time).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jayjaayjayjaay member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Let me tell u this....We got great photos from cashman which was the photographer we had to have through Mandalay bay, 200 pics exactly, we used the 2 hrs of time that was included in our package, it included one 8x10 pic and 20 5x7, here's the BUT, we had to pay 2000, for the rights to our pictures. Meaning, they own all those images and we had to choose, which 20 pictures out of the 200 we wanted...Are you kidding do you know how hard it is to pic 20 photos out of 200??? And you get the opportunity to have ur pictures right then in there. Of course I want to own my images so I can get them reprinted or do whatever I want. So yes we shelled out the money because why, this is one of (if not biggest) moment in our lives. So my advice make sure MAKE A LIST, (because day of you will not be able to remember shit) all the photos you want exactly and who with. Get a pic of you alone in ur dress if u have a train flapped it out (mine wasn't flapped out in some of the pics and it pissed me off), Groom alone. I know it's a lot to think about but if you make a list you will be able to get exactly the 18 images you want that are included and not go over. Ask how much it costs to own ur images.
    Anniversary
  • Hi,
    This was a problem I had when choosing a venue to get married... All of the hotels seem to be the same, you have to pay for the rights to your wedding pictures... Really? Why do they want them?? I don't really understand why they take around 200 pictures and you can only choose 20!! 

I finally booked with Scenic Las Vegas... Check them out, they have cool venues to get married at, you get collected in a limousine and taken to the destination. You have ALL rights to all of the pictures taken, given to you on a USB, to then do what you want with!! They also do all-inclusive packages!

We went with Lakeside at Tule Springs... Very pretty! :)

Hope you figure something out which suits you both! -Good luck!

• Thank you, we decided to stick with our venue, I contacted a couple of other chapels and their packages that are similar are way more. As for the photos, I will likely figure out a way to make it happen... So important to have these memories in my possession.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @vegasbride2015 That's what it comes down to. And when you go into review your photos ya, just can't pic it's too hard!
    Anniversary
  • Can someone tell me when you do pay Cashman for the digital rights when do you get the CD with the photos on
  • You get it the day of your meeting after the wedding - you get all the printed proofs, a copy of the wedding video and the disk. I got a book and some other stuff to cause it was included in my package.
    Anniversary
  • Can someone tell me when you do pay Cashman for the digital rights when do you get the CD with the photos on
    Can someone also confirm you can buy this cd months later for a fraction of the original asking price? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards