Wedding Party
Options

What to give the ushers and greeters?

Our ushers and greeters are NOT the groomsman.  We would like to get them a small gift to say thank you.  Any ideas?  

Re: What to give the ushers and greeters?

• Options
    What would you get them as a gift any other time? Take your wedding out of the equation and think about what they (individually) like.
  • Options
    Our ushers and greeters are NOT the groomsman.  We would like to get them a small gift to say thank you.  Any ideas?  
    A full flask? 
  • Options
    Ditto Allie. Gifting for people for wedding participation always seems to stump people, and it shouldn't. Get them something you would get them any other time you might give them a gift. What do they like?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    We bought their favourite alcohol.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    What did you get for the groomsmen?  I don't ask with the suggestion that you should gift all men the same gift, but it almost sounds as if you are gifting them less of a gift. (Apologies if I am reading between the lines too much here.)  If the ushers were required to purchase a tux or other wedding related apparel, I don't see why you wouldn't thank them in a similar way. 

What/who is a greeter?
  • Options
    We didn't make our ushers come to the rehearsal since they were both out of town and since they each owned suits already, we let them wear those and gave them boutineers. Because of those differences, we decided to spend less on their gifts than the BMs/GMs. We ended up writing heartfelt cards (one was close to me, one close to DH) and giving them restaurant gift cards.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Alcohol.  Nice bourbon, craft beer, etc.  Because after dealing with a wedding, they'll probably want a drink.
  • Options
    What is the difference between an usher and a greeter?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards