Chit Chat
Options

I'm so glad I can be harassed about this stuff on FB now.

edited November 2014 in Chit Chat
Party hosting. I am over it. Apparently a friend of mine sells Rodan & Fields. She's now taken to messaging me info to try to bring me onto her team. 

I have another friend that sells Chloe & Isabel. I'm receiving an invite every month for online parties. 

And now, my uncle's FI (she's 20. I'm not calling her my aunt) is selling Younique makeup. Something about 3D lash mascara? She's posting it directly onto my page. WTF. I'm not interested. Stop with the party invites for crap I don't want, people! 

Re: I'm so glad I can be harassed about this stuff on FB now.

• Options
    Blech. I can't stand stuff like that. I have an ex-coworker who CONSTANTLY sent out group messages to a bunch of people (including current coworkers) about her pure romance parties. Like, aw, yeah, a group of my coworkers is exactly who I want to look at dildos with. Perfect. Sign me up! 
  • Options
    I was briefly intrigued by the 3D mascara, but my cheap-ness outweighed my interest.  I think with their shipping and handling, that crap is like $36.  I'll stick with my drugstore brands, thanks!

• Options
    I was briefly intrigued by the 3D mascara, but my cheap-ness outweighed my interest.  I think with their shipping and handling, that crap is like $36.  I'll stick with my drugstore brands, thanks!
    That's crazy. I have yet another friend who sells this stuff, and the pictures she posts of her lashes just look messy. It doesn't even look appealing to me. I will also stick with my Neutrogena mascara. 
  • Options
    I have a friend who sells the Younique stuff. She keeps posting photos of her "amazing" lash transformation. I seriously cannot tell the difference in her photos, hate to tell her. She also ONLY posts about that stuff, and her page keeps getting reported and taken down. She can't understand why

I have another friend who sells Tastefully Simple but posts about it less than once a month. I can deal with that.

The friend who sells essential oils and keeps posting about how you don't need Medicine! You just need lavender oil! Is about to get deleated for affronts to science. And she's a science teacher.

• Options
    Oh, how could I forget about the essential oils! I have a friend that sells that too. She posts about it daily. 
  • Options

I have a friend who's recently started selling Chloe & Isabel, and keeps re-posting her C&I instagram pictures through her personal istagram account. It's driving me bananas.

The one I find hilarious is a church friend who sells Pampered Chef and keeps having these "Guys Learn to Cook" events and invites FI to every. single. one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I'm a beauty blogger.  so many people I know host those terrible Jamberry Nail Wraps and Younique lashes parties.  Both of those products are seriously awful.  I hide them from my newsfeed

• Options
    What really gets my goat is these folks barely even bother with actual in-person parties anymore. Why host people for wine, snacks, and shopping at your home when you can invite them to a "virtual party" with a Facebook event for online shopping during specified hours?

• Options
    Younique, Tastefully Simple, and Arbonne. All over my newsfeed. Hide, thanks.
  • Options
    Hate product parties, hate multi level sales systems, hate having to be polite when friends get involved with them. 
    The whole party sales thing might have been swell back in the days when women didn't work outside jobs, and were stuck at home bored, and malls were few and far between. But honestly, no. Why do I want to waste my time suffering through candle/makeup/fuckerware/home decor parties when I can go to whatever store, get what I want at my convenience, and be done. 

I lump selling to friends in the exact same category as asking friends for money. Rude, awkward, and a big don't.
    FUCKERWARE!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    The only party I even attended that I didn't totally hate was Pampered Chef. However, that party was 3 years ago and the woman that ran the party STILL fucking emails me monthly. 
  • Options
    Ugh. So much this.

I have a friend who sells one of those cleaning product things (can't remember the name, too lazy to look it up). She has invited me to multiple parties. I never go. I never hear from her except for these things. Drives me up the wall.

And then last week an old HS friend came out of the woodwork to invite me to an online party. Sure, we never met up for drinks when you moved back like I had mentioned. Never followed up on getting together. But I would love to buy stuff from you and support your business.
  • Options
    I get assaulted with freaking Beach Body- I don't want to see your sweaty selfies drinking your Shakeology Every. Single. Day.

I also get a lot of Rodan & Fields. But far and away, the worst is Jamberry. That shit sucks and I get added to all these virtual Jamberry parties every other week.
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I avoid that crap. If people were posting it on my wall though, and harassing me about it, I would absolutely not hesitate to publicly be a big bitch. I would seriously post something like "The sales pitches are annoying, no I'm not interested, and the next person to bug me about it is getting de-friended and blocked." And I would hold true to that threat. There's enough annoying shit on facebook as it is. 

ETF words
  • Options
    Yeah I avoid that crap. If people were posting it on my wall though, and harassing me about it, I would absolutely not hesitate to publicly be a big bitch. I would seriously post something like "The sales pitches are annoying, no I'm not interested, and the next person to bug me about it is getting de-friended and blocked." And I would hold true to that threat. There's enough annoying shit on facebook as it is. 

ETF words
    I'm really tempted to just write "I'm not interested" on the post. But I'm thinking it's probably better to ignore it. 
    However, if I ignore, she'll probably keep inviting me to these online parties. UGH. Fucking people. 
  • Options

ETF words
    I'm really tempted to just write "I'm not interested" on the post. But I'm thinking it's probably better to ignore it. 
    However, if I ignore, she'll probably keep inviting me to these online parties. UGH. Fucking people. 
    You're definitely taking the high road by just ignoring it. But sometimes the high road fucking sucks. 
  • Options
    I hate being bombarded with it and it's actually one of DH'S hard rules: no "parties" for that stuff in our home!

My friend's mom sells Demarle and I actually like it (they make Silpat and other silicone cookware) but it's expensive!
  • Options
    Right now it's Scentsy on mine. I'm getting MESSAGED too about it. I'm trying to help my girlfriend start up her business! want anything?

No. /sigh. It was the same with cousins jamberry nails party. MIL felt SO guilted into it that she bought some for me and her and made the party leader say "thanks MIL and Sugargirl for your purchase!" so that we would fit in and stop getting messages that we hadn't purchased yet.

So annoying. So now I have a pack of jamberry nails for thanksgiving.

image   image   image

• Options
    banana468 said:
    I hate being bombarded with it and it's actually one of DH'S hard rules: no "parties" for that stuff in our home! My friend's mom sells Demarle and I actually like it (they make Silpat and other silicone cookware) but it's expensive!
    I had no idea people sold Demarle! We use tons of Demarle mats here at work. Very interesting. 
  • Options
    Obviously by ignoring it, is not working. Just send them a polite message that your not interested. You can set Facebook to ignore certain posts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a beauty blogger.  so many people I know host those terrible Jamberry Nail Wraps and Younique lashes parties.  Both of those products are seriously awful.  I hide them from my newsfeed
    I want to return my damn Jamberry wraps I bought.  But I waited too long.  Ugh.

I used to sell 31.  They actually had a company policy of sorts about using Facebook for promotions.  They told us that our personal Facebook page was just that - PERSONAL.  Make a group or a page for your business and go crazy with it there.  Not everyone followed it, but it was nice to see that the company actually encouraged people to keep this crap off Facebook.

I ALWAYS decline pages / un-join groups for direct sales promotions.  I also unfollow people who post too much about their products.
  • Options

banana468 said:

I hate being bombarded with it and it's actually one of DH'S hard rules: no "parties" for that stuff in our home!

My friend's mom sells Demarle and I actually like it (they make Silpat and other silicone cookware) but it's expensive!

I had no idea people sold Demarle! We use tons of Demarle mats here at work. Very interesting. 

I love it! I have 4 items plus a Silpat and the perforated baking sheet but at prices of $35 to $50 each, I am careful with not over doing it.
  • Options
    I know a girl who sells the It Works Wraps (they're body wraps to "make you skinny" which don't work and are dumb) and she posts multiple times a day. If you like her post, she then comments and tags you in her post to convince you sell them or to use them.

Everyone and their sister on my Facebook are selling Younique now and it drives me crazy. I bought it from a friend (who never posts about it) and use it for special occasions. I actually like the way my lashes look with it. They don't look clumpy just extra long and thick, on me. Now, my friend tried it and she hated it because it made her lashes look like clumpy spider legs.

• Options
    I actually did tell this woman (that I see maybe once a year with mutual friends) that I wasn't interested in the Arbonne she messaged me about because my friend tried it and it made her face break out. I went on to say that I was very happy with my gentle, plain-old Trader Joe's brand facewash, but good luck with her stuff.

Oh no. No no no. Then she replied that they had this whole wonderful sensitive skin line and blah blah.  

So, I defriended her. Rumor had it she asked our mutual friends several times why I defriended her. After 5 more requests to re-friend, I just accepted, added her to my "acquaintances" list, and don't look at her profile.  

Drink the Kool-aid much???

• Options
    emmaaa said:
    I know a girl who sells the It Works Wraps (they're body wraps to "make you skinny" which don't work and are dumb) and she posts multiple times a day. If you like her post, she then comments and tags you in her post to convince you sell them or to use them.

Everyone and their sister on my Facebook are selling Younique now and it drives me crazy. I bought it from a friend (who never posts about it) and use it for special occasions. I actually like the way my lashes look with it. They don't look clumpy just extra long and thick, on me. Now, my friend tried it and she hated it because it made her lashes look like clumpy spider legs.
    Hahaha, is THAT what "It Works" is? 

Protip: if you have to say "It Works!" in the title, you probably doth protest too much. Hilarious.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    emmaaa said:

Hahaha, is THAT what "It Works" is? 

Protip: if you have to say "It Works!" in the title, you probably doth protest too much. Hilarious.
    Yes! I was so confused with her posts and what that shit was at first. Let me just tell you, it does not work. It is plastic wrap wrapped around your stomach and gets rid of water weight for like 1 day. 

• Options
    You mean having "It Works!" in the name is not enough to convince you guys!?!?! JEEZ. 
  • Options
    levioosalevioosa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I don't mind if I'm invited to a business page.  Then I just ignore it.  Post all you want to your business page, which is where that stuff belongs.  But the second I start getting messages and 3x a day posts (seriously, this one girl I used to work with would post about her wraps at least 3 times a day), you're going to get unfriended (defriended? is there a proper way to say that?) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards