Chit Chat
Options

Brides maid

Hi
Need some thoughts I have 4 bridesmaid in my party and one of them just told me she is pregnant and due 1 month before the wedding..
I am very concerned that she not going to be able to full fill her roll and she hasn't step down I don't want too seem like a bridezilla and ask her to step out of the party .. And I know how much work a newborn can be
Please help

Re: Brides maid

• Options
    Hi Need some thoughts I have 4 bridesmaid in my party and one of them just told me she is pregnant and due 1 month before the wedding.. I am very concerned that she not going to be able to full fill her roll and she hasn't step down I don't want too seem like a bridezilla and ask her to step out of the party .. And I know how much work a newborn can be Please help
    Oh and because I am sure this will DD
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Fulfill her role?  You mean showing up on the day of the wedding in the dress you've asked her to?  She should be able to handle it, I was recently in a wedding party and a fellow bridesmaid gave birth 2 weeks before the wedding, the bride just made sure there was a place for he baby to sleep in the room we were all getting ready and her husband was nearby to help out.  Just make sure the dress you choose will allow her to be at pretty much any weight!

• Options
    Hi Need some thoughts I have 4 bridesmaid in my party and one of them just told me she is pregnant and due 1 month before the wedding.. I am very concerned that she not going to be able to full fill her roll and she hasn't step down I don't want too seem like a bridezilla and ask her to step out of the party .. And I know how much work a newborn can be Please help
    Oh and because I am sure this will DD
    Ha I was about to do the same thing, JIC
    Anniversary

• Options
    Her role? Why do you think she might not be able to stand beside you during the ceremony?

Newborns certainly are a lot of work, but I don't imagine that she wouldn't be able to manage the hour or so she might need to be not holding the baby. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MUD
    Yuuuup.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Oh also, my SIL was a BM and had a baby just two months before the wedding. She was our honorary flower girl (really she just had a cute dress on) and everything was fine. SIL looked gorgeous with the rest of the BMs and my neice is the cutest thing since sliced bread.

If you are real, check yourself because you are not in for a good start with wedding planning.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    You could maybe let her live her own life. Do not ask your bridesmaid to step down because she had the audacity to get pregnant before your wedding. Her only role is to get the dress and stand there next to you, so if you had something else in mind for her to do, you'd better get over that. None of your bridesmaid have any responsibilities beyond getting the dress and standing up there with you. 

(You know, on the off chance that this isn't MUD...)
  • Options
    I'm not going to justify this post by explaining why you are wrong. @lacqueredlover has it covered

• Options
    MUD. And bad bad grammar. 
  • Options
    That bitch! I can't believe she went and got knocked up when she knew she was going to be in YOUR WEDDING!!!

I mean, at least she won't be all fat at the wedding, but you know she's not gonna loose the baby weight that quickly and her boobs will be all leaky and shit. I'm just saying, this could have waited until after you were married.

But seriously? Even women who have recently given birth can walk in a straight line. She's the mom, she'll figure out what to do with the kid. 
  • Options
    This is definitely MUD.  

• Options
    Holy man just thought I would get other peoples options some where helpful others where what the word .... Bitches!!!!
    Never going to do that again !!!!!
  • Options
    MUD. Please please please be MUD.
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    This is definitely MUD.  
    Makes me even more suspicious that it was posted on this board and not the WP board. 
  • Options
    Holy man just thought I would get other peoples options some where helpful others where what the word .... Bitches!!!! Never going to do that again !!!!!
    JIC
  • Options
    You do a really good impression of an unreasonable person. I mean it's super spot on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Holy man just thought I would get other peoples options some where helpful others where what the word .... Bitches!!!! Never going to do that again !!!!!
    Well thanks for calling us bitches. This has got to be some sort of TOS violation, no?
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    This is definitely MUD.  
    Makes me even more suspicious that it was posted on this board and not the WP board. 
    True story. If you're real, Miss Knottie Too Many Numbers Behind My Name Because I Didn't Take The Time To Make A Real Name, you have A LOT to learn about planning a wedding. 

But I don't think you're real. 
    Anniversary

• Options
    MUD. For sure. 
  • Options
    @slothiegal, I know you've used that slothie pic before....but it's so adorable!  

• Options
    levioosa said:
    @slothiegal, I know you've used that slothie pic before....but it's so adorable!  
    I always forget which I've already used from my arsenal before....hard to go wrong with a sloth pic though, in my humble opinion  ;)
    Anniversary

• Options
    Roll guys not role
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    I always forget which I've already used from my arsenal before....hard to go wrong with a sloth pic though, in my humble opinion  ;)
    Is it wrong that I almost wish there were more MUD posts so you could use it more often?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards