Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

First Dance??

What are you all dancing to for your first dance? We can't decide between "Amazed" by Lonestar or "All Of Me" By John Legend!

Re: First Dance??

• "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You" by Nancy Wilson
    Happiness is an inside job
  • "Into the Mystic" Van Morrison was ours.  "Amazed" and "All of Me" are great songs and done quite often but between the two I would pick Amazed (it's not currently on the radio every 5 minutes).  If you're open to suggestions have you thought about "Stay with You" by John Legend?  It's beautiful, happy, and not as common :)
  • Great choices! I have made a note of these x 
  • Ours was "Your Everything" from Keith Urban

Anniversary
  • Honestly, OP, I think you should picked "Amazed" by Lonestar! It's a classic, beautiful song that I think people forgot about. "All of me" is incredibly popular this year as a choice. Either way though, I love both songs and you can't go wrong :)
  • We were going to use "You Save Me" by Kenny Chesney, but we switched it up and are dancing to "Nothing Else Matters" by Metallica . Both songs fit our relationship, and everyone will be thrown off by the Metallica song since I am a huge country fan. 
  • We've chosen "I'll Be" by Edwin McCain. It's a really sweet song.
  • "I'll Be" and "Amazed" are both great songs! 

At one point, I considered them both (being the indecisive virgo I am), but FI and I agreed on "inside your heaven" by Carrie Underwood.
  • "Your Song" by Elton John.  Love the classic songs!
  • cafarriecafarrie member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
  • My FI and I chose "I wanna grow old with you" off the weding singer soundtrack. Its not overly popular yet almost everyone knows it. 
  • We are tossed between the two songs also!!! Amazed was always "our song" since we started dating 10 years ago ... We are leaning more towards that one.
  • Plus all of me the words we don't really relate to
  • "Love" by Sonata Arctica.

They're a band from Finland that most people haven't heard of here in the United States, so I'm glad that it will be a song no one at our wedding has ever heard :)
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

• "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz.  It's our song, plus it's goofy and fun which explains our relationship in a nutshell.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm enjoying this post. This has been one of the hardest choices so far. We are having a hard time coming up with the perfect song. We are both classic rock fans and there are several rock but also classic ballads in the running. Right now the song that is taking the lead is Kiss - Forever.
  • Toss up between "Forever" By Ben Harper and "Do you Remember" by Jack Johnson
  • We're using "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison as well.
  • Great songs! We were stuck between Look After You by the Fray which was the first song we slow danced to together but we ended up choosing I Do by Jessie James Decker because it better described how we feel. Good luck!
  • I think FH and I first dance will be by DMB-Crush we both really like that song. I was also thinking Jack Johnson- Better Together.  
  • My FI and I just decided on our first dance song. I've been obsessed with Sam Smith's music, and my FI suggested using Sam Smith's acoustic version of 'Latch' for our first dance song. It's not too sappy, but I think it's sweet that my FI suggested something by one of my favorite artists!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are also doing "Can't Help Falling in Love," by Elvis Presley!
  • "Lucky" by Jason Mraz and Colby Caillat
  • "Run" By George Strait.  We were long distance when we first met so it's very fitting.
    Married 9.12.15
  • We were at first going to go with Ed Shereen "Thinking Out Loud", which I think the words are beautiful but it's kinda hard to dance to.  So we're rethinking -- probably something by Stevie Wonder but we're still researching.  :)
  • "Love" by Sonata Arctica. We both love metal, so finding romantic songs is a bit difficult. But when I heard it, I loved it, and had my fiancé listen. He said it was perfect, and that was before we were engaged. We chose it together to be our first dance song.
  • God, I love 'into the mystic' but it would be my song for my dad and I, as he practically raised me on Van Morrison!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
  • cafarrie said:

"Into the Mystic" Van Morrison was ours.  "Amazed" and "All of Me" are great songs and done quite often but between the two I would pick Amazed (it's not currently on the radio every 5 minutes).  If you're open to suggestions have you thought about "Stay with You" by John Legend?  It's beautiful, happy, and not as common :)

God, I love 'into the Mystic'. I had chosen 'I loved her first' for my father daughter dance by Heartland, but I may have to steal this, as my dad raised me on Van Morrison.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker}
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards