September 2015 Weddings

I need to catch a break.

I am exhausted.  Mentally and emotionally drained.  Adam and I are doing great.  Everything else in our lives...not so much.  That is all.

Re: I need to catch a break.

• Awww...I hope it all starts to look up for you soon.  

How's the refinancing or house hunt coming along?  Has your FH found a job yet?  

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• The house thing is still up in the air and Adam will be taking any job that comes his way...if he has to wait tables...at least it will be something.
  • That I understand.  Doing what you have to do until  you get what you want.  What are you doing for you through all of this?  Even if it is just making time to read one of fav books/mags you need to do it.  

• We're supposed to be hanging out with some friends this weekend, so that should help. I am so lost. We are both so very stressed. We had a cat die about a month ago. Then another got sick...almost died. We found out he was diabetic. Then we spent over $1000 we didn't really have the resources to spend to fix him up...now he has to have insulin twice a day. Then he was acting all weird...holding his head weird...staggering. We had to take him BACK to the vet. He has a ruptured eardrum. We brought in a new stray cat...he was fine for weeks. Now he's drooling horribly and doesn't want to see anyone. He's hiding in the basement and I honestly don't have the money to take him to get checked out, so he is quarantined and I will do what I can for him. My exhusband is being an ass and telling my children to lie to me. My mom hasn't spoken to me in over a year, but came up from North Carolina 2 weeks ago. She didn't even let me know she was coming, but she talked to my exhusband and got my boys from him on 3 different nights. She gave them all kinds of toys and stuff to keep at their dad's house and my boys told me that their dad said not to tell me that they saw her. Adam still hasn't found work. He is trying to get a mix up with the DMV figured out because as of right now...he doesn't have a valid license. It is insanity. We have NO money. I get paid at midnight tonight and between a car payment and the house payment, that money is pretty much gone. We have no more savings. We still haven't figured out the house situation. Adam is quitting smoking. He's at over 3 days now and is going nuts. We have NO idea how we are going to make Christmas nice for 3 boys...2 of whom still believe in Santa Claus. When Adam is stressed, he has ALWAYS tried to escape...easier for him not to get hurt. So he's saying stuff like, "You would have been better off staying with your exhusband." "I should have stayed in Colorado. I put you in such a bad spot." Umm, no. I love you. We're a team. Yes, things really suck right now...but we will get through this. I'm at breaking point and I don't know what to do. I am exhausted all of the time now as it is...but I am seriously considering taking on a part time job. Adam may need to take on 2 or 3 part time jobs until he can find something that pays a bit better.
  • You are certainly going through a struggle right now.  I can sense your stress through your post.  Are there any agencies in your area that could assist you with the house payments given your financial situation right now?  That would be my first suggestion.   I know it is hard but it may be that you have to take that you and your FH have to take on PT jobs to make ends meet until you get caught up or a FT job comes along.  Obviously the both of you are strong people and dedicated to each other.  As a team you can get through this.  As to your ex, do not let him make you miserable.  You can't control what he says or does but you can control you.  Again as hard as it may be, ignore his stupidity and any family drama.  That is the last thing you need right now.  Just love your sons and continue showing them how much you care.  Lastly,  I am an animal lover to but you can't take on any more cats, ok?  I have a Rottweiler that I love to death but he is SUPER expensive.  I couldn't imagine taking on another pet at this time.  Ok. I hope you aren't shooting darts at me right now.  I really am hoping you find something useful in my post.  :-)

• Oh, no worries.  No more kitties.  Ace, the one who was drooling, is now back to 100%.  I think he may have had an allergic reaction to flea meds.  
  • Adam has an interview for a job tomorrow...only a weekend job, but still something.  We also sold a TV for a few hundred dollars.  Can I hope things are looking up?
  • Yay for the interview.  How did it go?   You are being resourceful and that's great.  I hope things are looking up.  Please continue to keep us updated.  

• The guy has one more interview tomorrow, but we're hoping it works out.  
  • That's good!  He'll get it.  :-)

• He didn't.  :-(
  • Oh no!  I am sorry to hear that.  :-(   This may be an off the wall question but but necessity is the mother of all inventions.  With that in mind is there any skills that you or your FH have that you can turn into a business?  Start off small by selling to friends and family maybe?  Baking?  Cooking? Painting? Is there any idea you've had but never thought of pursuing it for whatever reason?  Now may be the time.  You never know it could turn into something quite profitable for you both in the long run.  

• I've always done stuff like that because I love it...but you have to think...you need money to have money to buy supplies to make stuff to sell.  He has had 2 interviews in the past 2 days.  I had an interview for a part time job yesterday.

Adam is a wreck and it's insane to be dealing with all of this.  We have no idea how we are going to make Christmas work.

• What is it that you like to do?  Maybe when you two both get back to regular paychecks that is something you could do to help build a nest egg on the side.   

How promising do you think are the interviews you two went on?

• Adam got both jobs...he starts one tomorrow...the other is waiting on a background check.  I was offered a part time job today too that I will be taking.
  • Adam got both jobs...he starts one tomorrow...the other is waiting on a background check.  I was offered a part time job today too that I will be taking.
    WOOHOOO!!  That is awesome news.  Congrats to the both of you.  :-)  

• Well, Adam is down to one of the two and looking for another.  The hours clashed.
  • No way!  UGH!  Well at least you two now have something under your belt.   I hope what you two have so far leads to great things.  :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards