Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Bridal Shower Invites for Destination Wedding

Hi! I am getting married in Las Vegas and inviting only about 25 people. We will be broadcasting the wedding live on the internet and inviting those we aren't able to invite to Vegas to view the wedding online. With that being said, would it be wrong to invite friends and family who are being invited to watch the wedding online to my bridal shower?

Re: Bridal Shower Invites for Destination Wedding

• Options
    Yes. Watching it online does not count as actually being invited. Unless you're somehow hosting these people watching and feeding them.
  • Options
    Yes, that would be wrong, for all the reasons Climbing said.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Hi! I am getting married in Las Vegas and inviting only about 25 people. We will be broadcasting the wedding live on the internet and inviting those we aren't able to invite to Vegas to view the wedding online. With that being said, would it be wrong to invite friends and family who are being invited to watch the wedding online to my bridal shower?

Ew, yes. You're saying you aren't able to invite them to the wedding but you are able to get a gift from them. 

Also, I'd change your wording as far as their being "invited" to watch your broadcast to their being "notified" as to when you're broadcasting. I'd be insulted to be invited to watch a broadcast when I'm not invited to the real thing. Broadcast should be only for my incapacitated grandmother, or, maybe for some work acquaintances. 
  • Options
    fwtx5815fwtx5815 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2014
    Yes that would be wrong.
    Something that you have to accept with having a small wedding guest list is that you're also limiting the number of people who can be involved in wedding-related events. If you aren't willing/able to actually host these people it wouldn't be appropriate to invite them to a gift giving event. Small guest lists can be great in some aspects, but this is one of the tradeoffs.

There's no reason you couldn't do some type of tea or luncheon with these people, but just don't make it wedding focused. It's a reminder that they didn't make the cut.

edited because I misread the post

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Yup. That would be wrong. You're having trouble wording it because its super rude. Just invite the people actually invited to Vegas to your bridal shower.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    Yes. If you're not inviting them to the actual physical wedding, it would be rude to invite them to the shower.
  • Options
    There is no such thing as a cyber-guest.  You either invite them to your wedding, or you don't.  Only invited wedding guests are allowed to be invited to a shower.  With only 25 people invited to your wedding, and having them spend money on attending your destination wedding, I think having any shower is in poor taste.  It makes you appear to be greedy and gift-grabby.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards