Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding cake idea

My FI come across a pic of black and white wedding cake and come up with a idea that we can get ourselves a black and white cake for our wedding.I have attended several weddings and their cakes are colorful.So I think a black and white cake will be more attractive,what do you think?
20.jpg 103.4K

Re: Wedding cake idea

• I don't really care what cake looks like, as long as it tastes good!  One thing I would warn against is that the black dye used (if going with buttercream) will probably taste gross and potentially turn your guests mouths black or grey.
  • I don't really care what cake looks like, as long as it tastes good!  One thing I would warn against is that the black dye used (if going with buttercream) will probably taste gross and potentially turn your guests mouths black or grey.
    I've had that happen with fondant too.  I would guess that is likely to happen with any frosting.
  • Unless it's wrapped with a ribbon, it'll dye people's mouths. But at least fondant can be peeled off.

Otherwise, nothing wrong with black in a cake. That one is pretty.

• I guess I would find it odd if your colours for the wedding decor and everything else were pastel blue and yellow, for instance, and the cake was a bold black and white.  
  • We had a black and white cake.   The cake was covered in fondant, but we had the caterer peel the fondant off prior to serving because no one likes eating fondant or wants a black tongue.
  • Thank you ladies!I think I had better not have a black and white cake on my wedding.I have never thought about you mentioned above!
  • I just had a flashback to a birthday party I went to when I was very little (like, 3 or 4). I can't remember who it was for, but s/he had a mickey mouse cake, with black frosting for the ears, etc. It turned my mouth black and I think I must have eaten too much and I got sick haha. That might be one of my earliest memories! Fun stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards