Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday chattersons HERE!

happy Wednesday!!

it is COLD this morning!  however, I'm drinking a chestnut praline latte (thanks, Starbucks BOGO!) and wearing a nice, thick sweater so I can't complain!

what's going on with everyone today?  I'm the only person in the office today, so I need a little interaction!

Re: Wednesday chattersons HERE!

• Getting ready to head out the door for work.  I don't wanna go!  I was spoiled by my day off yesterday.  I got soooooo much done that needed done around the house.  I have a truck full of stuff to go to the donation box & storage after I get off of work, and hopefully it's still light enough for me to take the dog to the dog park after I get off.  It's been about a week since we've been able to go.

Anya (our husky) is geeked out about how cold it is.  I am not.  According to the weather channel, its only supposed to get up to 30 today here.  Right now its "Feels like 13."  Not ready for winter!  (At least there's no snow yet *knock on wood*)  

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • @WildMagelet - I think the high here is 33, so I'm right there with you!  one of my pups (Bella) doesn't really like the cold (or wind or rain, she's prissy) but Baxter looooooves all the weather.  he just wants to hang out in the backyard!  I would let him stay outside longer (when it's sunny), but we've had a coyote problem in our neighborhood so I'm too scared to let him be out there terribly long with no supervision.  poor little guy.  I think he and Anya would be buds!
  • Not too much going on today. Work will be a busy for a little while, I have a couple meetings and I'm beginning a new project that I work on maybe once a week so it's not to crazy.

After work I'm doing our monthly grocery shop so we will be good to go on dinner and I really really need to dust the house!
  • you only shop monthly, @southernpeach89?  or just a big shop monthly?

someone down the hall in the warehouse is "ho-ho-ho"-ing.  it's echoing and kind of freaks me out.  I'm thinking about locking the door since I'm all alone in here!
  • I'm miserable today.  We found out Monday night one of our cats has a mass on her stomach.  We have an appointment for a scan tomorrow to see what it is and if it's treatable.  Right now she isn't really eating and isn't her normal self.  It was H's cat to start but I love her and she is one of my favorite cats. She is 14 so she's not that young but this is still so hard.  It's the first time I've ever seen H cry.  I just want to be home petting her and giving her snuggles.  T&P's are appreciated

So I'm at work and I'm hoping it's just busy and the day goes by fast here.  I auditioned for a play on Monday and I should find out today if I will be cast or not.  I hope I get it but we'll see.  Sorry I'm such a debbie downer today.  I also blame PMS greatly. 

Anniversary

• @peaseblossom55 - I'm so sorry about your cat and that you're having a bad day.http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/February-11-2013-00-24-06-tumblrmdbrgjdSHk1rzwj0no1400large.gif
  • @CocoBellaF -We just do one big shop monthly. If we need to we will go pick up random things here and there but we will only do one big trip monthly for dinner, lunch, and breakfast.
  • It it's cold and windy here today, and very overcast. Sucky!

My work day should be alright, there's nothing on fire but I have a bunch of files that need follow up and of course a million emails. But that's old news!

Since I'm taking Friday off and leaving early tomorrow I need to get a lot accomplished today. My team has taken a hit recently; we had someone get transferred to another department a couple months ago, one of our assistants left a few weeks ago, and now one of my colleagues has bronchitis and will be home for at least a couple days, so we're down to 3 people in my department and I'm going to be away on Friday....SO we'll see what happens!

In other news, my apartment and office are SO dry that my hands are already starting to chap, and I've gotten 2 nosebleeds this week. I need to get a humidifier for my office stat and a new filter for the one at home!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 - my hands are also starting to chap, and I can feel my face is dry all the time.  need to buy some thicker moisturizers! 
  • @CocoBellaF - That latte sounds really good!!  

@WildMagelet - My dogs are getting excited that it's getting colder out too.  Thankfully it's going to be warmer here, but we won't make it out of the 30's today and they're talking snow for later in the week.

@Southernpeach89 - Once a month grocery shop?!  That's a weekly thing here!!  Lately we've been just grabbing enough to 'survive' because I've been too lazy to do a full grocery shop!

@Peaseblossom55 - I'm so sorry to hear about your cat!  Hopefully it's something they are able to treat.  Sending T&P's!  Good luck with the play too!

@Imcooper86 - They make little 'personal' humidifiers that you can use at work. I probably should clean mine out and start using it - H has a lot of issues with dryness.

Today is just kind of blah.  Yesterday it was 66 outside and today it's not suppose to make it out of the 30's!  I'm already sick of how gray it is outside and it's just started!!  Has anybody ever tried one of those 'Happy Lights' to see if they actually help (I just have NO energy in the winter)?

H and I still need to renew our gym membership, though H is starting to go on a 'savings' kick (which is good) but he started talking 'crazy talk' about cancelling our cable ;o) so I'm not sure if he'll want to renew his membership or not (for both our memberships it's under $500 and I get reimbursed about $200 (after taxes) from my work for doing something Healthy).  Tonight they have Spinning at 6:45 or Zumba at 7:45; not sure if I'll do either but good to know my options.

I gave an interview thing about my wedding and I think I came off sounding really bad.  My throat has been raw so I was having a hard time talking and just don't know if I got my points across very well.  Oh well, at least I tried!!

Anniversary
  • @wildmagelet - I'm totally jealous of your cold. It's like 60 today.  I'm excited for the polar vortex we're supposed to be getting.

@southernpeach09 - I would love to shop once a month.  We try to do it every two weeks, but it doesn't always happen that way.

@peaseblossom55 - Sending you guys all the loves and vibes and snuggles <3

@lmcooper86 - I swear by the Embryolisse Lait-Creme Concentre.  My face and hands got so dry last winter that even with most moisturizers, I was still dry and itchy. When I started using that stuff, I'd apply it in the morning under my makeup, and it kept me nice and moisturized all day.

@dignity100 - I'm sure it'll be fine!

Today is going to be another crazy day.  I'm getting stressed out of my mind about these upcoming meetings.  The problem is that the more stressed I get, the less motivation I have.

Last night's run went pretty well.  The PT session before killed me.  I know it'll help in the long run, but she found knots in my calves and started to work them, so my legs were just like "WTF ARE YOU DOING?" the whole time.  I'm trying to consistently pace under 10:00 now, and we ended up running 9:42, which is good, but holy hell it hurt.  I've got another hot date with the foam roller and my massage bars tonight to try to get the knots out. 

I also have Blonde Christmas Blend coffee from Starbucks this morning.  I wanted Thanksgiving Blend, but apparently we're now all Christmas all the time.  Boo Starbucks, boo.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @peekaboo2011 - I've tried and tried with the foam roller, but I just end up flopping all over the place.  :(
  • @Peaseblossom55‌ T&P for your kitty! :( Sending lots of hugs too!

• @cocobellaf - It's definitely not the easiest thing to get used to.  I actually had to have someone help me do it the first few times.  

Anyone want to help me shop for a coffee table and fabric to reupholster my couch/loveseat?  M and I decided if we're going to spend $250 for Stanley Steemer to come out and attempt to clean the things, we might as well spend $300-ish on supplies and reupholster to get a better set.
    I french with my man
  • @peekaboo2011 - what style/color is your place?
  • @Peaseblossom55‌ I'm so sorry your kitty isn't feeling well! Vibes that she will feel better and hugs for you and your H! What play/part did you audition for?

@southernpeach89‌ I bow to your once a month grocery shopping! I've gotten mine down to every two weeks, but I haaaaate spending my life in the store, so I don't think I could stock up like that.

I wish I could send all you chilly NEYers some of our warm weather. It's in the seventies again here. I want to wear my cute winter things! #firstworldproblems

Today on the itinerary:
    -cleaning out my car (it looks like I live in it)
    -get my physical for my new job
    -hopefully take a walk this afternoon
    -dinner with a friend

Pretty standard stuff.

I'm kind of bummed today. My aunt's Saint Bernard was just diagnosed with bone cancer, and it has already spread to her lungs. She's only four. :( They think she has about two months left, so I'll probably go up and see them this weekend. So sad.
  • @CocoBellaF‌ - this is what we have. (I'm on mobile, so excuse the wonky formatting. My computer is updating.)

The plan is to get rid of the back cushions and instead add foam and batting to the back to build it up. The side cushions are being pulled and replaced completely. The other thing we plan to change is the bottom. We're going to pull the skirt off and add/change the feet so they are a little more modern. The ottoman is also going. M wants to reupholster it, so if we do that, it will be relocated to the bedroom or office. Either way, ignore it. Our bookshelves are that light pine color from ikea.
    I french with my man
  • @CLoGreenEyes‌ sending you love and snuggles today. I'm sorry about your aunt's pup.
    I french with my man
  • @CocoBellaF - I have a CPL as well, and I think it's great! Although I was craving egg nog, and kind of wish I had still gone that route.

@Peaseblossom55 - T&P for your kitty! I haven't had to go through that with an old pet yet. I'm definitely not looking forward to it, but my childhood dogs and cat are all in the 14/15 year old range. You're allowed to be upset! Also, best of luck on hearing back about your audition!

@Dignity100 - One of my work friends just got a "happy light" and it's honestly like he's a completely different person in the morning. By afternoon he's about the same, but he uses it for a while in the morning and it seems to be helping his mood a ton.

@CLoGreenEyes - That poor dog is so young! I'm so sorry to hear about the cancer!

------------------------

Well, yesterday I didn't have to work and it was fabulous! I hung out with my friend and her 10 month old son. He is so insanely hilarious. ALMOST made me want a kid, but then I remembered that not all 10 month olds are as awesome as him. He absolutely loves playing with the light switch, so now I'm going to try and find him a Melissa and Doug toy I saw once with light switches on it.

There was a HUGE wind storm yesterday, and we ended up hearing this huge cracking noise, then went onto her balcony to see an enormous tree fallen on one of the apartment buildings behind her place. I hope no one was hurt. When I went home later my neighbor across the street also had a tree broken through their roof. There are fallen trees and branches everywhere. My favorite park has two huge trees down.

This morning I was freezing on my walk. The wind is still super intense, and mixed with the cold temperature? No bueno..... BF worked 12 hours yesterday and I'm really hoping he doesn't have to do the same today.... I just want to be in Arizona already. It's gonna be 81 in Tucson today, haha.

• @Dignity100 - we don't have the "happy light", but we have the Phillips Sunrise/Sunset alarm lamp.  we love it, it does make waking up so much nicer.  I would like to get a blue lamp one day, too.
  • @southernpeach89 I can't believe you do major grocery shopping once a month! Do you just buy veggies as needed then or do you usually buy frozen? I feel like I do grocery shopping every week and a half-ish because otherwise our veggies go bad.

• @LaPeanut1018 -I usually cook the meals with the fast expiring veggies first and go from there.
  • @Lapeanut1018 & @CLoGreenEyes thank you

I auditioned for the role of Sister James in Doubt.

Anniversary

• @CLoGreenEyes - That's crazy about your aunt's dog; one of my friend's 5 year old St. Bernard was also diagnosed with bone cancer yesterday.  He's 5 years old.  I lost my Great Pyrenees in 2010 to bone cancer, she was 5 years old.  I think UPenn is doing a study for dogs who have NOT undergone an amputation due to osteosarcoma. Here's the link: http://www.vet.upenn.edu/research/research-laboratories/canine-cancer-studies/vaccine-radiation-trial .  If your aunt would want the holistic stuff I did, let me know and I'll look it all up again, with my Denali-dog, the cancer never spread into her lungs/organs she ended up having another bone mass which grew into her spine.  I really think the holistic method was helping keep her healthy and the western vets were surprised that the cancer hadn't spread even though we were not doing radiation/chemo.  I don't want to cram unwanted info down your throat to give to your aunt; but I also know when my girl was sick I would have packed her up and drove across the country if it meant saving her.

Anniversary
  • I am so so so stressed that I'm nauseous and have a headache. I have no idea when we'll have a chance to do laundry except tomorrow night, and that means I'm bagging candy favors alone/until late into the night. And I have a meeting this afternoon that I'm absolutely dreading.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • southernpeach89 I do the same, one big shopping trip a month, and then get fresh food as needed.

CLoGreenEyes oh no poor puppy! Hope she isn't in a lot of pain and your family can enjoy the time left with her.

peekaboo2011 I like the neutral look against the red.  I also like neutral furniture in general because then I can have fun with throw pillows, curtains, area rugs, and blankets.  For a coffee table I saw a pine one that was simple from Ikea, but I also really like the glass top ones.  Something like these maybe:  Pine Coffee Table or Glasstop Coffe Table

AlPacina hahaha I get the same way when I'm with my niece.  She is the most well behaved toddler I have ever met, but then I realize that not all kids are like her, and change my mind.  Also, I'm awesome at being an aunt; I love buying all the cute toys and clothes and playing with kids, but love even more going home to a quiet house afterwords. Maybe one day I'll be ready for parenthood, but not now.

WildMagelet my dog also loves the cold, all winter she will beg to go outside just so she can play in the snow.  I prefer to sit in front of the fireplace.

I'm not enjoying this cold weather, though it is putting a lot of pressure on bf to get the house finished faster.  I'm so proud of him for doing all of the remodel completely by himself, but I keep telling him he needs to get people to help before it starts snowing.  Not sure if he is going to get help, but he told me that he will have the duct work done by this weekend so that the heat can go on so the pipes will not freeze.  That completely put me in decorating mode and I am now figuring out color schemes for each room.  

• @AlPacina out kitty is 14. thank you

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards