Registry and Gift Forum

We didn't like any one dish pattern, so we combined a few to make a set

Is this an insane idea? We didn't want complete sets as we know we won't use the mugs, etc. So we pulled a plate and bowl from one design, a salad plate from another and a bread/butter plate from a third. Basically we are registering for 12 of each item, which makes our "sets". I like the idea because it gives people options and allows for what we would actually use. Plus, we decided to do slightly fancy/every day...because we only need one set really. Here is what it looks like. Thoughts?

Re: We didn't like any one dish pattern, so we combined a few to make a set

• I think that is absolutely fine. I go for the gift list when buying china, and I have seen mixed sets plenty of times. 

Plus, I doubt people will be comparing whether it is actually from each China set when purchasing it. 

Although, I would suggest having the cups/saucers (I couldn't tell when you said no mugs if you meant all hot drink cups). I have a set that I use with my grandmother's silver tea/ coffee service at dinner parties and it is so handy to have nice matching cups/saucers. 
  • I think it's cool if you want to do it that way. But the be honest, since you asked - if I was your guest I wouldn't buy china. I love buying a china set or two as my gift, but I would not buy individual pieces bc it costs a lot more than a 5 ppl setting. By doing it this way you might be using your completion discount to get a lot of your set. Not that doing so is a bad thing...just my thoughts on the subject :)

GL!
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I am ok with getting it via completion discount.  Either way is fine. We will be doing flatware sets and steak knife sets.  So, I think we have something for everyone.  

BTW:  Anna Kendrick is one of my absolute favorite actresses. Ever since the indie "Camp", where she performed "Ladies who Lunch" by Sondheim.  
  • I think this is perfectly fine, and I love the patterns you picked out! It looks really nice together. 
  • Thank you Esstee33!  I'm really excited about it.  Probably too excited about it...lol
  • my sister did this. i thought it was the coolest idea ever. she did eventually upgrade a year or so ago but do what you want. im actually thinking of doing the same thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards