Budget Weddings Forum

About the Cake/Punch Reception Idea

2»

Re: About the Cake/Punch Reception Idea

• Yes, always with the cans! And when other drivers saw "just married" cars, it was kind of obligatory to honk and wave. You could hear it coming before you saw it. 
    Do people still do this? I can't remember the last time I saw a clattering streamer flying "just married" car.

Absolutely! That was our car all the way! We also did it to my brother's car.
    No one did this to our car :(

I've never been to a cake and punch wedding reception. I'm sure they were popular in some circles many years ago, and may be still popular in other parts of the country. But I don't know anyone in the Northeast that has had one.

My grandparents were married in the early 60s and they had a sit down reception (it may have been lunch though). My husbands parents were also married in the 60s and they had a sit down wedding reception. 

I do find it fascinating how traditions change over time, or even across different regions.

• I think a cake and punch reception would be great. It cuts down on costs. If your guests truly love you, the type of reception won't matter.
  • I think a cake and punch reception would be great. It cuts down on costs. If your guests truly love you, the type of reception won't matter.
    No.  If your guests truly love you then they won't tell you to your face that they are disappointed that they only got a slice of cake and a cup of punch after travelling 1000 miles and spending $1000 to get to and attend your wedding.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards