Not Engaged Yet
Options

Wednesday chattersons HERE!

2»

Re: Wednesday chattersons HERE!

• Options
    @phira Why are you bagging favors alone? Everything will be ok, you're almost there and then you'll be all done and everything will feel amazing!

• Options

@Dignity100, thank you for the info! They are in PA, so I'll show her the link this weekend and see how she feels about it. I honestly don't know that she'll go for it, but I will definitely ask.

I just feel so bad for her. I think the Saint Bernard they had before this one also died at a young age, though I'm not sure from what. He was probably about five. It breaks my heart, I love them so much.

• Options
    @peaseblossom55 I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty! :( Please keep us updated! T&P of course. I also hope you get good news about the play today!

@southernpeach89 and @speakeasy14 Wow, once a month? That's amazing! 

@phira *hugs* Why are you bagging favors alone? :( 

@lmcooper86 UGH nose bleeds are the worst! My ENT recommended a saline gel to help moisturize my nostrils when it gets like that. He said the gel is found near the neti pots at all pharmacies and is super cheap. I hope you're able to find relief soon!

@peekaboo2011 Foam roller = love. Pair it with an epsom salt bath, and you'll be good to go in the morning.

Not too much to report on my end. I think FI and I have a minor stomach bug. I know minor stomach bugs are usually just food poisoning, but he got it first two nights ago and then I got it last night, and we haven't eaten the same things, so my guess is a legit bug. It's minor-- just very grumbly tummies, frequent trips to the bathroom, but no excessive trips and no vomiting or anything. That basically consumed my night last night, and I went to bed a little early. We were woken up at 3:30 this morning by our smoke detector chirping to let us know the battery was dying. Needless to say, we're both exhausted this morning.

Buuuut I'm super excited for the cold weather. I've got all my sweaters out, and I've been drinking tons of peppermint tea. I just love it when it's cold out! I hope it stays this way for a while. 

WR things are a little crazy, which I posted about yesterday. We booked a DJ, and we'll meet with him after the new year once FI and I have a chance to actually think about music. He's got a cool app where you can list names of songs you want, and he'll get the license for them if he doesn't have them. It will come in handy, I'm sure. I may need to go ahead and get quotes for makeup artists too... apparently Halloween weekend is super crazy, so I guess the earlier the better on these things. 

I got a bunch of Christmas shopping done too. The survey we did yesterday reminded me I need to get more things, so I knocked a few people off my list. Today Star Wars stuff is on sale on Zulily, so I got FI some fun stuff too. I basically raided ThinkGeek and Lego for his gifts so far. I can't wait to wrap everything and get the house decorated. I love Thanksgiving, but I looooooove Christmas. *sigh*

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - We're definitely sticking with neutral, I just am not certain I want a solid solid fabric because of how quickly the stains show up.  

I'm kind of loving this, but maybe for the side cushions because it might be overwhelming all over.

Maybe a solid grey?

I'm also totally digging this coffee table with the metal top.  We looked at ikea, and I'm not super in love with anything there.  Since this has to last a while, even if we don't spend a ton of money, I want to really love it.

I french with my man
  • Options
    @phira - What's going on?  Where's FI?
    I french with my man
  • Options
    @peekaboo2011 love that coffee table! And get microfiber stains and pet hair come right off. 

@phira just breathe! Everything will be ok.  Why are you stuck making the candy and/or stuffing the favor bags alone?  If it gets overwhelming, I suggest just having the candy in a jar or bowl, and have guests put it in the favor bags (then at least one less thing you have to worry about).  
  • Options

@Peaseblossom55 - I'm sorry to hear about your kitty, I hope she's okay!

@CocoBellaF - I definitely need a new hand cream, the one at my desk just ran out! Last year I found that if I put on cream right before putting on my gloves or mittens it made a huge difference and my hands weren't too bad when I got to wherever I was going. But all the hand washing to avoid sickness just dries them right out again. Blah!

@Dignity100 - I have a little desk humidifier but it's useless. I'm looking for a better one, AND I may have convinced my boss to approve buying a larger one for my office/the front area of our office!

@peekaboo2011 - My face does surprisingly alright through the winter! I tend to use a slightly heavier moisturizer on my face and I'm set...but my hands get all lizard-y :(

@CLoGreenEyes - I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt's dog, that's terrible :( I hope they can at least keep the pup comfortable.

@phira - Why are you doing the favours by yourself? Why isn't J helping you? Don't stress too much, you're almost there!!

@eilis1228 - I've been getting by with a little bit of polysporin on the dry/cracking patches in my nose, but I might look into that gel, thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It is SOOOOOOO cold here today. Currently -2 and the high is supposed to be 7 degrees! I think i'd heard we even broke a temperature record yesterday. BURRRR! Here's a pic of what it looks like outside my office:
  • Options
    @allusive007 - oh, wow!  I can not even complain about our 22 degrees and a high of 33 or 34 now.  that is COLD!!!
  • Options
    @phira, nth-ing everyone else: Why are you bagging favors alone?
  • Options

@lmcooper86 thank you!

@allusive007 oh wow that is so cold. It's decent here today, but tomorrow and through the weekend temps start to plummet.  Is is spring yet?

Anniversary

• Options
    You may all send your winter temperatures to me, please and thank you.
    I french with my man
  • Options

@allusive007 - It's a total of 3 degrees here today...and not supposed to get any warmer than that. I feel your pain :(

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

@CocoBellaF - You can complain about your temps all you want - cold is cold. I think we had something like a 63 degree drop in 2 days... talk about a shock to the system. Saturday and sunday were in the 70s

@Peaseblossom55 - Yeah, I wish it was spring. I need to find a better coat stat! The coat I have isn't going to fit around my middle soon and I need to stay warm!

• Options
    So, the reason I'd have to bag favors alone:

We absolutely have to do laundry tonight or tomorrow night (J is out of work clothes and is struggling to wear "dirty" clothes the rest of this week--its aggravating his OCD). Because we're not home tonight, we'll do it tomorrow night. But since the washing machine is broken, we have to do laundry at the creepo laundromat. And the creepo laundromat is unsupervised and theft happens all the time, so we can't leave the laundry unattended. So J has to stay with the laundry.

Honestly, I'm mostly just panicking and everything will be fine. J's parents are letting us do at least one load of laundry tonight (we have about 3 loads), so hopefully the laundry will be done by 8 or 9. I'm just so fucking done, though. This is the second time in only a couple of weeks that the laundry machines in our building have fritzed.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira ugh that sucks, but like I said, just breathe.  Maybe bring the candy to his parents so you can get them done while waiting for your laundry? 4 more days to go though!!
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 That ... is a good idea.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira - That is an awesome idea, take as much as you can (or can bag) to J's parents! And also take wine. Wine will help. Home stretch! You can do it!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @CocoBellaF - Sounds like it :) They could brave the cold together!  Any prefers outside *all* of the time.  She actually argues with me when I make her come inside.  Outside of when she has her "I need my people" moods, she'd rather be running, sunbathing, or yard watching.  We ended up installing a kennel out on our covered back porch (which I then put a "sunscreen" on as a lid) so she can be outside even when we can't/don't want to be.

@Peaseblossom55 - T&P for your cat.  Good luck on your casting call :)

@lmcooper86 - Ouch!  I need to get a portable AC for my area right now.  Our office is always the exact opposite of what it is outside temperature-wise, and my specific desk is always about 10 degrees more towards that extreme than the rest of the office.

@peakaboo2011 - I'll trade you!  It was soooooo cold.  I had a half hour of errands to run after work that involved me being in and out of the vehicle constantly.  Yayyyyy for heated seats.

@phira - Sending you good vibes!  You're only a few days away :) Home stretch!

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    @phira Yay!!! I'm so glad that worked out and took a lot of stress away from you!!! Now you have time to drink alll the wine :)
  • Options
    @phira Glad you got everything worked out! When you  have an assembly line everything goes much much faster! H and I did the same thing with the hotel welcome bags. You are SO FREAKING CLOSE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    @phira Awesome! I'm so glad everything worked out and you were able to cross so much off of your to-do list. Hopefully you can relax a bit now :) And also, HOLY MOLY 3 DAYS!!!!! I'm so excited!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards