California-Northern

Planning alone. Thinking I need ALL INCLUSIVE WEDDING SERVICE package. Wedgewood alternatives??

Hello,

I am newly engaged and live in Sacramento.  No one I know, including myself, knows about planning a wedding and I'm going at it alone since I don't have any family/friends in my hometown.  I've spent about a month researching venues and always end up frustrated.  I don't know what I'm doing!

Which brings me to the Wedgewood Wedding & Banquet services.  It seems right up my alley- they do all the planning for you, helping clueless brides-to-be-- but the venue selection BLOWS for Sacramento/Tahoe areas. 

Does anyone know of any Wedgewood-like companies that offer similar services? My budget for the wedding is $20,000 and I just can't plan this alone.

Thank you

Re: Planning alone. Thinking I need ALL INCLUSIVE WEDDING SERVICE package. Wedgewood alternatives??

• I am a Wedgewood Bride (4-25-14) and I know the options aren't that great, the ones near me are WAY to expensive.
    I don't know of any other venues that provides services like Wedgewood but have you looked into a planner? They typically have a really good vendor connection so that could help take the guess work out of some items.
    Good Luck
  • I would have to agree with you on this one. My family & I were looking to book an event with a Wedgewood venue but have decided to go a different direction.
    The venue was amazing but the "no food tasting" was a huge disappointment.
  • Try Freedom Hall & Gardens in Santa Clara.  We are having our wedding their on 4/24/14. 

It's an odd setup because the venue is in an office park, but the gardens are beautiful (you can get married in the garden) and the package can't be beat!  Like wedgewood they have an all inclusive package, which includes open bar (wine and beer), buffet dinner, cake, DJ, setup, cleanup, day of coordinator, tables, chairs, centerpieces, everything (except officiant, photographer and flowers)!  The prices are comparable to wedgewood, but I think it's even cheaper!  Their website has all the information you need.

We had our first meeting a month ago with the coordinator, and they are extremely helpful and professional, we can't wait to get married there!

• Oops, I just realized you're in Sacramento.  Sorry! =(
  • Try Lake Natoma Inn or Arden Hills. Both are all inclusive, but if you are a budget Lake Natoma, might be more in your price range. 
  • I am getting married at Lake Natoma Inn 9-26. I don't know what I am doing either and they have been very helpful.
  • If you need help planning check out ahhaevents.com these girls were awesome and didn't break the bank!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards