Not Engaged Yet

Happy Friday!

*crickets chirping*

Anyone around?

Yay Friday!  Today I am trying to knock out a few projects here at work, and hopefully be able to get some appts for next week lined up.  No one is responding to my phone calls or emails this week.  It's getting frustrating.

Tonight I may have girl scouts.  If not, M and I are going to finish patterning out our tree skirt (setting up the fabric portion. I THINK my pattern is finally correct!), and I'll either start putting it together or work on my embroidery projects. I'm doing 3 50 States quilts, and I really need to get moving on my stars.  M will probably be trying to play Halo again, since apparently they've been having server issues or whatever.

Tomorrow we both have long runs before the half next weekend.  M's been training like a normal human.  I've been saying "meh, I can just run it, whatever."  But I'd actually like to PR, so I probably should do something longer than 4 miles.  Maybe.  He's running with one of his friends, I'm meeting up with one of my run friends downtown, and we are scheduled for brunch after, so that should be fun.  Afterwards, I think it's going to be cleaning up and then more sewing.

Sunday, I have an appt to find my BM dress for a wedding in April.  I'm definitely not running behind on that or anything.  Oops.

Any fun weekend plans?
I french with my man
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Happy Friday!

• I was just thinking of starting a weekend thread!

@peekaboo2011 you'll do great next weekend. Haven't you set a few PRs recently on your training runs?

Tomorrow is my oldest's birthday. She's going to officially be in the double digits. I might cry. I usually bring the girls lunch at school for their birthdays from a place (within reason) of their choice. So I'll be running out about 11 to get lunch and bring it to her.

Tonight we have to clean the house and get all ready for the party on Saturday. Someone please tell me why I thought it was a good idea to let her have 10 friends at a sleepover?! We're doing makeovers and a photo shoot for fun. I still haven't bought anything for the party yet, so I guess I'll be doing that tonight/early tomorrow.

Tomorrow we have 2 soccer games (little one at noon, big one at 4), and then the party at 6:30. Sunday we plan to go to church if we managed to get any kind of sleep. If not, we'll be heading out for our church's annual meeting for next year later in the evening. Needless to say our weekend is packed and I'm already looking forward to next week!

• I'm so glad it's Friday the week has been so emotional.  I'm exhausted.  Some of you may know but we put down our kitty last night, the ultrasound we had done last night revealed a mass in her stomach, and some other things going on in her liver and intestines.  The vet thought it was probably cancer.  It was such a hard decision, but it was the best one for her.  We were miserable and so sad last night.  I miss her terribly.

Not sure what our weekend plans are now.  I want to keep busy.  The house needs to be cleaned.  I'd like to run a few errands.  On Sunday we are meeting to celebrate my dad's birthday. Not sure what else is in the works. 

Anniversary

• Thanks @Ollie08! I know it'll be fine, and I have been kicking some serious ass on my training runs - I thought I was going to die from going out too fast on Tuesday's, but I still ended up pacing under 10:00.  But none of those have been over 3 miles.  I have a horribly bad habit of saying "it's only 13 miles, you can actually do this in your sleep" and not training for a half, which means my times have not been great.

I cannot believe she's about to hit double digits.  It's too soon. Make it stop.  Wasn't she like 6 yesterday?  You guys are going to have a great party.  Please to share pictures once you're rested up?
    I french with my man
  • Goodmorning, ladies.  I'm so glad it is Friday.  I have been coughing up a storm yesterday and today.  Sucks to go to Mexico on Sunday with a terrible cough but maybe it will be gone by then? Regardless, I'm not letting it get me down...I mean, who can really complain about it in Mexico?  I'm taking a half day today so I can get some stuff done for our trip (I haven't had my hair done in like 6 months so I'm excited to get some highlights today).

Saturday we are mudding the kitchen wall and packing for our trip.  Sunday we jet off early in the a.m. and I hope to have a drink in hand by noon in Mexico! :)

• @Ollie08 Happy Birthday to your daughter! That sounds like a really fun party. Hopefully Sunday you can rest and recharge. :)

@peekaboo2011 Good luck with all of the sewing!

Tonight FI and I are going to see Big Hero 6 with some friends. We're both really excited to see it, although I think he's chomping at the bit to see it. He wanted to order an ornament of the big white balloon dude from the movie, and it was already sold out. He was really bummed. We haven't even seen the movie and he already wants an ornament... so yeah, methinks he's pretty excited. Saturday we're helping some friends move, and then Sunday we're relaxing and cleaning the apartment. 

Also, I'm officially back to normal with my eating. Yesterday I feasted at lunch because the company that shares our building brought in BBQ for everyone. I felt really nauseated afterwards from eating so much, but by the time I got home, it had passed and I was absolutely starving. It was unreal how hungry I was. I ended up eating a ton of goldfish and then FI and I opened and subsequently finished a thing of Oreo's. What a healthy and nutritious dinner, no? Anywho, based on that, I'd say my system is back to normal. I'll watch my eating today to make up for last night, and I'll hit the gym before the movie too. It's nice to be back :)

• @peaseblossom55 - Sending you guys all of the love. <3

@minskat30 - Have a GREAT trip!

@ellis1228 - It is SUCH a good movie. You're going to love it.
    I french with my man
  • @peaseblossom55 OH NO! I'm so sorry to hear that! *hugs*

@minskat30 YAY! Mexico is going to be fabulous. Enjoy!

@peekaboo2011 I'm really looking forward to it! 

• Good morning!

I'm working from home today and trying to stay as warm as I can. Our house is freezing! At lunch I have to go pick up two baby shower gifts for a shower tomorrow. After work H and I are going out to dinner and then maybe meeting up with some of my friends from high school for one of their bdays.

Tomorrow morning we are going to CrossFit and then going to the baby shower. Afterwards we are watching football for the rest of the day. We might have some friends over for the GA/Auburn game.

Sunday I need to do some cleaning and just getting stuff ready for the week.
  • @peaseblossom55 I am so sorry :( Sending you love and hugs.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Peaseblossom55 - I'm sorry I missed your post.  I'm so very sorry for your loss.  Hugs.
  • edited November 2014

@minskat30 @peekaboo2011 @phira @eilis1228 thank you so much.

@minskat30 Have a great time on vacation!!!! Enjoy :-)

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - {{{HUGS}}} I'm so sorry for you. That had to be so difficult. I'm really glad she's not suffering though.

@peekaboo2011 - OMG right?! I'm pretty sure she was 6 when I started posting here. I can't believe how time has flown. She has gotten SO big. She will be taller than me for sure.

@eilis1228 - Oh man, I hope so! I'm pretty thankful that the girls that are coming are mostly from her soccer team. I'm hoping they'll all be exhausted from their game and not give me too much trouble lol

@minskat30 - I hope the warm dry Mexican weather will clear up that cough! I'm sure you'll have fun either way.

@Phira - OMG TWO DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@southernpeach89 - I'm sorry, but I just don't think it's natural for GA to be so dang cold so dang early. Maybe you should visit FL, after the "cold front" our high is still 70 :-)

• @peekaboo2011 - You'll have to let me know if the training was sufficient for your half! I am considering (barely) doing one in January, but I only run about 5 miles four times a week. Nowhere near 13 miles at once. I'm sure that if I ran slow I could make it, but I'm guessing I should probably add in a couple 8-9 mile runs here and there or something.

@Ollie08 - That sounds like a crazy party! You're such a cool mom!

@Peaseblossom55 - I am so sorry for your loss, lady. I can't even imagine having to make that decision. My thoughts are definitely with you.

@minskat30 - OMG Have so much fun in Mexico! I'm so sorry you're starting to feel sick. OF COURSE when BF and I are going on our first out of state trip together he decides to get a cold. And now today he's finally feeling better, which means I will probably start feeling sick as soon as we get to AZ.

------------------------------

Last night I did 3 loads of laundry, took care of my sick BF, and got all packed up for AZ. Over lunch I'll have to drive my dog to the place that I board him, and, as cheesy as it sounds, I'll miss the little bastard. This will be the longest I've been away from him since I adopted him.

I talked to my sister in law in AZ last night, and I guess my nephew has a couple of football games tomorrow morning! For some reason she thinks that by going it will be ruining my vacation. I'm like, Hell yea I want to watch my nephew play football! Even if it is a bunch of 8-10 year old special needs kids. He probably doesn't get family there to cheer him on very often! Then I guess we're gonna go to a desert museum.

There is going to be a lot of driving involved on this trip, but I am so excited! I hope BF and I get to really have some stess free quality time. I keep forgetting this trip is for our anniversary!

• @Ollie08 -I'm so jealous of those temperatures. It's so cold here..I'm surprised there isn't a prediction for snow.
  • @phira, Happy Wedding Weekend!

@minskat30, I hope you feel better.

----------------

I have a major work meeting today at 12:30pm.  Wish me luck.  This weekend is gunna be me and DH snuggling and spending time together.  And sex.  Lots of sex.
  • AlPacina said:
    I talked to my sister in law in AZ last night, and I guess my nephew has a couple of football games tomorrow morning! For some reason she thinks that by going it will be ruining my vacation. I'm like, Hell yea I want to watch my nephew play football! Even if it is a bunch of 8-10 year old special needs kids. He probably doesn't get family there to cheer him on very often! Then I guess we're gonna go to a desert museum.
    At first I read this like dessert museum and not desert and I was like HELL YEAH DESSERT! But a desert museum still sounds really cool! I hope you have a blast in AZ!

@peaseblossom55 I'm so sorry for the loss of your kitty. Hugs!

@peekaboo2011 You're going to do great! Race day for me means I always run faster even if I haven't been seriously training.

@minskat30 Have a great time in Mexico! Even if your cough doesn't clear up in time it won't matter much cause you'll be in MEXICO! Have a wonderful vacation!

@ollie08 The party for your daughter sounds amazing! I would've loved a 10th birthday like that!!

Nothing too exciting for us this weekend. H wants to buy a log splitter because he looked up the cost of renting one versus buying one and the difference was $20. I don't care what he does...as long as this means he's going to go cut up all the tree trunk chunks in our backyard. Plus since it's so freaking cold we need the wood now for a fire!

I also want to do some crafty things this weekend. I successfully dried some flowers from my centerpieces and they came out beautifully! Even the color is maintained! I'm definitely using silica gel instead of air drying from now on. Unfortunately the drying didn't go as well for my bouquet. I should've just asked my mom to stick it in some water and keep it in the fridge until I was ready to do it myself...soo lesson learned I guess. I want to stick the dried flowers in a couple ornaments for Christmas and then I'm debating making a shadowbox as well. I'm also cutting up a few of my leftover invitations and making them into Christmas ornaments for me, my MIL, and my mom.

• @Ollie08 @loves2shop4shoes Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

And shoes:
    Anniversary
  • happy wedding weekend, @phira!!!!

I'm off in about 30 minutes or so.  we're getting our house measured for an estimate to put in new floors this afternoon.  I also need to run a buttload of errands, get groceries, study for a couple hours, and do a work out.

tomorrow I'm enrolling in health insurance (FINALLY, the health insurance saga will end) and taking my mom to lunch and to North Pole City (a Christmas store) for her birthday.

Sunday we're having Thanksgiving with my family, since we'll be in NM for Thanksgiving in a couple weeks.
  • @goldenpenguin I JUST realized that you're getting married exactly 6 months after I am, and for some reason I find it super awesome that we'll be 6 months apart all the time celebrating anniversaries.
    Anniversary
  • @phira - OMG!! I didn't realize that either!!! Hooray for 16's!!! :)

*******************************************************************************************

• Happy Wedding Weekend @Phira!  I hope everything goes as planned!!

@Peaseblossom55 - So sorry for your loss.

I Dislike Snow (mostly because I had to drive in it today and the plows can't keep up with it). 

Last night, I got home from work, knew the snow was-a-coming so I just broomed the leaves off the driveway (they haven't even all fallen off the tree yet so I didn't bag 'em). 

Last night, I noticed Loki had chewed his tail raw!!  Poor little guy.  Back when the itching started, I had bought him a different more hypoallergenic food, he didn't like it.  After most of the weeds had cleared up his skin was clearing up too, so I figured 'it's just a ragweed allergy, I'm going to switch him back to the food he loves'.  So I did - the scratching has started again, so... I'm thinking it's the food.  I've picked out another brand of food, it's more than I want to spend so I'll have to talk to H about raising our dog food budget $20-40 a month; but it's a food he's had before and thrived on (the price of the food just went up A LOT from a few years ago which is why I switched from it).

This morning I decided I would go to the pet store that sold the food before work (I'm working late shift tonight).  So I left 30 minutes earlier than normal and the roads were so bad it took me the extra travel time just to make it to work on time (and I barely made it on time!).  So I'm hoping the roads are better and I can go when I get out tonight.

Besides picking out new dog food for my pups, Nessie goes to the groomer tomorrow and no other weekend plans.  I'd like to see Big Hero 6.  It's our "month-a-versary" today, so not sure if we'll go out to dinner or do anything to celebrate.

Anniversary
  • @phira YAY WEDDING WEEKEND!!!! I'm so excited for you and J. Enjoy your bachelorette party! Try to relax tomorrow too. You are going to be beautiful, and everything will be perfect. I can't wait to see pics of you in that stunning dress. 

• @peekaboo2011 Ummm wtf? I mean...I guess in a way he was happy when he died. Right? Maybe?

• @peekaboo2011 Ummm wtf? I mean...I guess in a way he was happy when he died. Right? Maybe?
    I really have further questions about: 

“We got a call once about a dolphin that was stuffed inside a phone box in Kent.”
    I french with my man
  • LOL Just had to update to say that I can hear my 66-year-old coworker asking my 28-year-old coworker how to use Twitter. They've been talking about it for about 10 minutes now. The questions keep getting more and more complicated. This is cracking me up.

• just starting to read the thread now

I'm so sorry @peaseblossom55 about your kitty :(  I'd be devastated too. At least she wont be suffering now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards