March 2015 Weddings

Wedding Music

Has anyone started thinking about the music for their wedding?

Re: Wedding Music

• I have our first dance and the cake cutting songs picked out. No clue what I'll walk down the aisle to though.
  • My church has a list that I have to choose from, so that's easy. Got the reception entrance music 95% confirmed and just have to choose the bouquet toss/garter toss song. 

imageimage

• We have picked out the music for our bridal party processional, my walk down the aisle, our recessional, entrance song, first dance, father daughter, and last song. We have a list of "do not play" songs started too.

@limegrove I totally spaced on a cake cutting song! What did you choose?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tcnoble‌ we are going with "meanwhile back at mama's" by Tim McGraw. I didn't want a lovey Dovey song for the cake cutting.
  • That's a good idea. Definitely gets me thinking!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing Evanescence for when guess arrive.
    Then Apocalypticia for when the bridesmaid walk down.
    I think I am walking down to Apocalypticia "Nothing Else Matters".
    When we walk back down as man and wife we have chosen the "Imperial March" from Star Wars.
    The first dance is "Le Vie En Rose".
    I still need Father and daughter dance song.
    Garter will be "Bad Bad Girlfriend" by Theory of a Deadman.
    Still need cake cutting song.
    Our last song is "It only took a kiss" by BBVD

I don't think I am doing a bouquet toss because my bouquet is made out of sea shells. 

• When we walk back down as man and wife we have chosen the "Imperial March" from Star Wars.
    EPIC!

And I'm having a brooch bouquet so either I will make a simple bouquet of fake flowers from michaels or wont do the toss as well.

imageimage

• I had to give the groom something. lol
  • We have a list of songs but nothing assigned to anything aside from our first dance song! Just need to decide what will fit best where :) 
  • @dolewhipper could you share some of the songs your church has preselected? The only one I can think of is the "bridal marching song".
  • Of course, @limegrove ! The first selection of each section is what we chose.

For the BP Processional
    Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring (J.S. Bach)
    Canon in D (Pachelbel) [this one is quite popular]
    Trumpet Voluntary (J. Clarke)

Processional for Bride
    Rigaudon (A. Campra)
    Prelude to "Te Deum" (M. Charpentier)
    Rondeau (J. Mouret)
    Bridal March [which you know]
    Trumpet Voluntary (J. Clarke)

Recessional
    Prelude to "Te Deum" (M. Charpentier)
    Allegro Maestoso from "Water Music" (G.F. Handel)
    Psalm XIX (B. Marcello)
    Rondeau (J. Mouret)
    Trumpet Tune (H. Purcell)
    Wedding March (F. Mendelssohn)

In my pamphlet it states that if we didn't choose our music, they would choose the "Traditional Wedding Selections" for us, which are (in order) Canon in D, Bridal March, Wedding March.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards