Not Engaged Yet

too quiet up in hurrrrrrrr

2»

Re: too quiet up in hurrrrrrrr

• @MsSparky‌, no warranty to speak of, just me and my flailing emergency fund. It'll be fine now that I'm working full-time again, just REALLY inconvenient and annoying.

I just finished my book ("Where She Went"). I have another one with me but don't want to start it yet. I guess I'll catch up on my soap operas...
  • @bethsmiles‌ where is he applying?? That sounds super exciting!
  • @CLoGreenEyes - He applied to University of Washington (in Seattle), University of Utah (in Salt Lake City), and University of Colorado-Denver. Washington would mean getting to live in Seattle which I've always wanted and Utah would mean being a lot closer to my family (3 hours vs. 9 hours) which I'd also be happy about. I'd also be okay with staying in Colorado but it'd be fun to try out somewhere new.

• @KeptInStitches frost bite sucks! I'm so sorry! 

@CLoGreenEyes sorry about your car! 

@Hummingbird125 I hope you get those days off! 

@Imcooper86 I'm glad you are feeling better! 

@CocoBellaF I would also bring him a coffee. I don't think there is anything wrong with a nice gesture like that :)

And @ Everyone else complaining about the cold, COME VISIT ME! We can have a NEY beach day and drink margaritas. It's 79 degrees and sunny today. 

--------------------------

My dad is doing better today, but still in the hospital. They think that he will be released tomorrow if everything continues to go well. Everyone that my family knows in the area has been super supportive, including BF's mom who wants to bring food over for my mom (and possibly dad if he does get out tomorrow). I'm so happy that we have so many wonderful people in our lives, and am very grateful. 

My dad was even texting me last night about how excited he was to watch the football game (they have a very basic cable subscription and he doesn't get to watch a lot of games) and seemed to be in good spirits, so I think he will be released soon. 

BF and I watched some tv last night and just chilled out, and we both have pretty busy days today full of meetings, but nothing too hectic (most of my meetings are just call in and listen). We also decided that we need to go to the gym more often and eat much healthier because BF's family is also prone to heart problems, so I think we will start trying to get into those habits this week. 

• @AuroraRose41 - I'm so glad to hear your dad is doing well and is in good spirits!

• @KeptInStitches frost bite sucks! I'm so sorry! 

@CLoGreenEyes sorry about your car! 

@Hummingbird125 I hope you get those days off! 

@Imcooper86 I'm glad you are feeling better! 

@CocoBellaF I would also bring him a coffee. I don't think there is anything wrong with a nice gesture like that :)

And @ Everyone else complaining about the cold, COME VISIT ME! We can have a NEY beach day and drink margaritas. It's 79 degrees and sunny today. 

--------------------------

My dad is doing better today, but still in the hospital. They think that he will be released tomorrow if everything continues to go well. Everyone that my family knows in the area has been super supportive, including BF's mom who wants to bring food over for my mom (and possibly dad if he does get out tomorrow). I'm so happy that we have so many wonderful people in our lives, and am very grateful. 

My dad was even texting me last night about how excited he was to watch the football game (they have a very basic cable subscription and he doesn't get to watch a lot of games) and seemed to be in good spirits, so I think he will be released soon. 

BF and I watched some tv last night and just chilled out, and we both have pretty busy days today full of meetings, but nothing too hectic (most of my meetings are just call in and listen). We also decided that we need to go to the gym more often and eat much healthier because BF's family is also prone to heart problems, so I think we will start trying to get into those habits this week. 

On a much more important note, I'm so glad your dad is doing well! 

• @AuroraRose41‌ YES to the NEY beach day! So jealous of your weather!!

Glad your dad is doing so well!

@bethsmiles‌ you are like the third person who has told me they are interested in possibly moving to Seattle. Whatever the opposite of a mass exodus is, that's what's about to happen in Washington state, lol.

This lady next to me well not. Stop. Talking. About EVERYTHING. This has got to be done soon! I was smart and brought a PBJ sandwich for lunch, but I'm getting soooo hungry again.

I will stop whining soon, I promise, I'm just so bored! :)
  • @bethsmiles - What's his field?  (And as a side note, I love how many NEY nerds there are.)  :-)

@AuroraRose41 - I'm giving you my "crinkly faced, "it's totally not fair that you have that gorgeous weather" face.  And I'm so glad your dad's doing better!

I'm DESTROYING my pile of second-secondary sources today (my name for books that are so tangentially possibly relevant that I can look at them for 5 minutes and determine whether or not I need it.)  I'm a dissertation machine!
  • Um, I just got this email from my apartment complex:

Attention Residents:

On Saturday November 22, 2014, FSI Construction will start painting the inside edges of your front door. Your door will need to remain open for about 2 hours to ensure the edge is fully dry before closing. You will need to be home in order for this to happen. If you are not home, your door will be painted when time and weather permit.

This is weather permitting. Please be cautious of all wet paint around the door.

We apologize for the inconvenience but hope that you will enjoy the look of your newly painted door.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation,

WTF?!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    @furturemrshistorian - His field is biology. He is most interested in doing cancer research but the programs he applied to will allow him to explore his interests in virology and immunology for the first year before making a final decision on what focus he wants to choose. I love how nerdy he is about science! It's so different from my field but we get to teach each other things so it's fun!

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @swazzle and @futuremrshistorian if it makes you feel any better, I have to deal with Upstate NY weather next week, which I am not looking forward to, especially since the coldest it has been here in San Diego is like 60 and I am very acclimated to that now. My family made fun of me last year for piling on as many layers as I could possibly find because it was 30 degrees last year and in 6 months I had already acclimated to San Diego. 

But I think seeing the snow will be nice, and I will get to see my family and BF's family. 

And the offer always stands to come visit me! 

ETA: Also, while it is warm and sunny here, we are also dealing with Santa Ana winds (dry winds that come from the desert), which means wildfires are extremely likely and everyone is already in panic mode about them because one cigarette thrown into bushes could literally burn hundreds of thousands of acres right now and displace many families. 

• @bethsmiles, @clogreeneyes - My parents' first stop was in Seattle on their trip and my mom is OBSESSED with it now. She said it's one of her favorite places ever. 

• @bethsmiles - I totally get the "teaching each other things" part...Mr. Historian is (obviously) also a historian, but his field is totally different from mine (Him: Middle East, Me: U.S.), but with enough overlap (we both study religion) that we get to have really awesome conversations.  Biology is one of the only sciences I was ever able to grasp...I love science (in an "Oh my gosh this is so cool!" kind of way), but I just cannot wrap my brain around it.
  • @AuroraRose41 - H and I are coming to San Diego for NYE!  please tell me everywhere we need to go and do (except Sea World).
  • @futuremrshistorian - We have a little bit of overlap too since my focus in Communication is STEM communication. But I attribute a lot of my interest in that area of comm. to the fun discussions we get to have where he teaches me a lot about science I never knew.

Also, it's awesome that you are both historians. I love history and it was originally my major in college and even after I switched I took a lot of history classes. Sometimes I wish I had stuck with it.

• @aurorarose41 I'm so glad your dad is doing better.  I'd love a beach and 79 degree weather right now too.

Anniversary

• lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited November 2014

@AuroraRose41 - YAY I'm glad to hear that your dad is doing better! And yes please NEY beach day; FI and I are headed back to Florida on Friday so I will have a beach day by myself unless anyone wants to join me.

@eilis1228 - UM what? Hey resident, please completely clear your schedule on Saturday so that you can leave your door open, so that we can paint it at some point that day, weather permitting? That's balls. My apartment building notified me yesterday that they need to "inspect all door closures" today, whatever the hell that means. They didn't say anything about securing pets, so I hope they enjoy my nosy cat's help with their task ;)

ETA: @phira I just saw your post and am fully going to make a tea to enjoy while I take a break to read about your wedding!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @aurorarose41, I'm glad to hear your dad is doing better!
  • @lmcooper86 Exactly! My jaw dropped. They are crazy. It's supposed to storm all day Saturday too, so I'm just going to go about my day normally. And I bet your cat will be very helpful! lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @CocoBellaF that's awesome! BF and I will still be in NY over NYE, so we won't be able to meet up :( unless you two are staying through the weekend. 

Have you two ever been before? I ask because there are definitely some touristy things that you would want to see if it's your first time, but if you have seen those I can recommend some more local attractions that tourists typically don't know about. Also, how long will you be in town for? That will help with suggesting things to do. 

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @aurorarose41 I have been MIA so I missed what happened to your dad, but I'm glad he's doing better!! And don't tease me with beach days, if I had anymore PTO days I would be on the next plane!!

@eilis1228 wait, what?!!? Dear resident, don't make any planes plans (hahaha planes!?)because even though it is cold outside we want you to keep your door open so we can paint the part no one ever sees.... I would be not home that day and make them come another time. 

• @speakeasy14 it's okay! I have been MIA a little too, but I did read your thread about what happened to your mother, and I am glad she is okay and that there isn't a blockage.

My father had a heart attack on Sunday, and is still in the hospital from it. He went into emergency surgery Sunday night to remove the blockage and BF and I were up until 2 am PST waiting until the surgery was over and confirmed a success. I worked from home yesterday in case I needed to pack up a bag quickly and hop on a plane to NY (I live 5 minutes from the airport, and didn't want to have to drive 20 minutes home from work if I got the call that I needed to fly back). 

And go get some more PTO days ;)

• @aurorarose41 Then I'm doubly glad he's doing better! I think you deserve to just sit on the beach and do nothing.  

I only get 12 days a year :/ but maybe January there will be an unplanned vacation to the west coast :)
  • @speakeasy14 BF actually said that he wanted to do that today instead of working. Maybe we will spend the weekend soaking up as much sunshine as we can possibly handle before going back to the frozen tundra that is Upstate NY next week. 

And I will happily be the official NEY tour guide for San Diego and the surrounding areas :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards