Not Engaged Yet

so excited!!!

2»

Re: so excited!!!

• rn1989 said:
    Ok, there's no need to attack a simple grammatical error on my part.
    That happens a lot around here. To regs and new posters alike.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• OP just like in life you get what you give in message boards/forums. You don't participate then we don't know who you are. You participate, we get to know you so instead of all of us being like "who the fuck is Paul?" we're more likely to say "Yay! Go Paul!"

You're going to be real popular here soon, I promise /sarcasmfont

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • rn1989 said:
    Ok, there's no need to attack a simple grammatical error on my part.
    "Attack," really? 

*******************************************************************************************

• I'm sure I'll get lambasted for this, not that I really care, but this thread is almost too good not to post on. Ladies, you do realize you're ganging up on OP over her not introducing herself properly... on an Internet forum? This isn't high school. Maybe we could all act our age! And for anyone who says the issue is the comment she made about ya'll just waiting to fight and criticize, can't say I disagree based on the comments I've read here.

OP, congrats! Ring shopping is such an exciting time! Best wishes as you start your new lives together! :)
  • I'm sure I'll get lambasted for this, not that I really care, but this thread is almost too good not to post on. Ladies, you do realize you're ganging up on OP over her not introducing herself properly... on an Internet forum? This isn't high school. Maybe we could all act our age! And for anyone who says the issue is the comment she made about ya'll just waiting to fight and criticize, can't say I disagree based on the comments I've read here.

OP, congrats! Ring shopping is such an exciting time! Best wishes as you start your new lives together! :)
    As others have mentioned, this is a community, and we talk to each other on here like we would talk to one another in real life (and sometimes do become friends in real life as a result). PP's were referencing this OP's comments in another thread about the OP of that thread being attacked where some posters took time to write long, well thought out responses and the OP in that thread did not want to listen to it. 

You are correct; this isn't high school. This also isn't a community where you can completely disappear for a while and never comment on regular threads and then expect us all to remember you. The ladies here are wonderful if you also take an interest in what is going on with their lives, even if you don't post every single day (I sure as hell don't, but I still try to keep up with big events in their lives). 

I am not attacking you or the OP of this thread or the other one referenced; just pointing out the facts of how this community works. 

OP, congrats on ring shopping. It is an exciting time! 

• I respect that @AuroraRose41. But PPs could have given that feedback respectfully. They could learn a lot from you. :)
  • Congrats on shopping :)

What kind of ring preferences do you have?

What color metal do you prefer?

How's the weather where you are?

Are you hoping for a holiday proposal?
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Congrats on shopping :)

What kind of ring preferences do you have?

What color metal do you prefer?

How's the weather where you are?

Are you hoping for a holiday proposal?
    I don't really have a lot of preferences when it comes to rings, I just don't want the stone to be too too big, and I'd like a halo mount. I'd also like a band that has some design to it, not just plain. Other than that, anything is fair game. I don't prefer a colored ring, just a nice regular diamond will do. I live in Northwest Indiana, the weather here really sucks, it's like 20 degrees. I am hoping for a holiday proposal if he feels it's right! Thank you! :)

Thank you!!!

In what world is it considered normal for someone to bash a group of women and then come back after 2 months of zero communication saying OMG OMG look at me and expect everyone to jump up and down with her? That wouldn't work in real life and it doesn't work on the internet either. 

In what world is it considered normal for someone to bash a group of women and then come back after 2 months of zero communication saying OMG OMG look at me and expect everyone to jump up and down with her? That wouldn't work in real life and it doesn't work on the internet either. 
    What Beth said. There were plenty of people that tried to tell her in a respectful way... but getting defensive, or sarcastic, is also not a way to get people to care about your exciting news.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards