Not Engaged Yet

It's Wednesday. Let's chat.

Re: It's Wednesday. Let's chat.

• Swazzle said:
    @Dignity100 - I get like that, like your H, I mean. There was a stretch of a couple weeks where it seemed like everything that could go wrong with our animals (pee, poop, throw up, gum stuck to the bottom of a paw) all happened only when I was home to deal with it. I got so irrationally angry with my H (and in front of @GoldenPenguin, @Hummingbird125, @buddysmom80, and @csousa1, thank god they love me) I had to apologize later. It was just pent up frustration that exploded and I felt so bad about it. 

@lacqueredlover - I didn't realize you were in NYC! I'm right across the river :::waves:::
    Hey, I was also there for ALL of those things. Including the flood of pee that happened while we were belt-removing. YOU WEREN'T ALONE!!!

@ChemFanatic25 - I'm in the Capital Region! We aren't too far away!! 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @GoldenPenguin - less than SIX MONTHS! I cannot wait for all the wedding things! Also, how's the new house coming?

• @peaseblossom55 - I used to memorize lines by writing them out.  I found it really helped me get them in my head.

@CocoBellaF - I am so sorry to hear about your great-aunt and your H's friend.  But I have a funny ant story to distract you!  My parents have a whirlpool tub in their bathroom, and one night my Mom ran a bath and turned on the whirlpool.  She left the room to get a book and came back to find that there were ANTS in the whirlpool jets and they were now swirling all over the tub.  ICK!  She uses vinegar and occasionally Borax to control them--they're really bad at my parents' house.

It's not quite as cold here as it has been, although they had turned off the heat in my classroom this morning so it was quite chilly when I walked in!  My students are working on an in-class writing assignment, so I'm catching up on TK and answering questions as they come my way.

I'm super tired this morning too, I think because I drank 2 glasses of wine before bed last night and then fell asleep right away instead of what I usually do, which is to drink a cup of tea to flush it out of my system a little bit.  Last night was crazy stressful.  I had taken Smudge (my lhasa apso) to my parents' house yesterday while the roofers were there, because she likes to bark at ALL the people, so she had to go someplace else.  When I went back to pick her up last night, I realized that their cat had pooped on the floor (apparently she's been having some trouble with the litter box), and Smudge had rolled ALL in it.  It was the most foul thing I've ever smelled in my life.  I had to get her back to my house to give her a bath...so I locked her in the trunk of my car. (I feel like I should point out that I live 5 minutes from my parents, so it's not like she was in the trunk for any significant amount of time.)  I got her home, gave her 2 baths, and then had to deal with all of the stuff that was in the trunk of my car, because cat poop smell is like death and it smelled like that EVERYWHERE.  The blanket and the reusable shopping bags went in the wash, but the yoga mat and the umbrella had to go in the garbage.  And then I poured a very large glass of wine.

Today should be pretty good.  I was crazy productive yesterday so today I'm taking the afternoon off to run some errands in OKC before I have my yoga and ballet classes tonight.  I'm going to try to tackle the rest of my Christmas shopping, since I'll be traveling on my big research trip the 2 weeks before Christmas and would like to get it out of the way before then!
  • @goldenpenguin - I'm seriously so happy for you! I can't wait to see pics of the floor. I'm totally with you on the dark, but not too dark wood floors. I'd go with a similar color if I had wood floors!

• @GoldenPenguin Less than six months!!! Your floor color sounds so pretty. I really can't wait to see photos! How is Vi loving her yard?

@futuremrshistorian Why didn't your parents let you use their bathtub to at least rinse her off? I'm sorry she managed to get herself covered in cat poo...I don't even want to think about the smell.

@CocoBellaF So sorry about your H's friend. :(

Today is our annual Thanksgiving potluck at work. I brought my crockpot mac n' cheese recipe. It's super easy and delicious and fail safe! Last year I made it for Thanksgiving and forgot half the ingredients and it still came out delicious. I love our Thanksgiving potluck because my company is super diverse and everyone brings food from their home countries (and not just traditional Thanksgiving food). I seriously cannot wait to nom on all the Indian food like I did last year!

We got all of our pictures from our photographer yesterday. She sent us three dvds full of high-res photos and I couldn't be happier! Now I have over 1000 images to pick and choose from for photo books and prints. It's honestly overwhelming and so hard to pick just a few. I posted a bunch of them to Facebook and also FINALLY got around to uploading pictures from our honeymoon in Germany. We took more than I thought which is awesome! The weather in Germany was terrible and we didn't take very many photos but at least the ones we got captured most of our trip.

• @Ollie08 - I really hope you start feeling better soon! Advil Cold and Sinus has been my best friend through all the years of my sinus issues. 

@lacqueredlover - I work in Jersey City and I lived here for 7 years, just moved a couple weeks ago. I went to college in the city. Where are you thinking of moving to?

@GoldenPenguin - Maybe the Lucy pee incident was paybacks for the Brady pee incident hmmm

@futuremrshistorian - That is miserable! Lucy hasn't rolled in poop since she was a puppy (and that was her own poop) but she HAS gotten into the litter box and eaten cat poop which is so gross. 

@LaPeanut1018 - Your wedding pictures are SO stunning <3

• @LaPeanut1018 -I think Grandma just went through and liked every single one of your pictures. I have like 100+ notifications just from her lol.
  • @swazzle I worked in Jersey City for a year (the company I freelance for now is actually based there) and in Union City as well!  My FI and I are going to move to Montclair in probably 2 years, his kids are there with their mom now so once we get married and his job settles down (he owns an app that's still in start up mode) we will move there so we can have joint custody!

• @lapeanut1018 - They totally would have, but I wasn't thinking straight I was so ANGRY with her!  All I could think about was "get her home, rubber gloves, bath".  
  • @lapeanut1018 - She's only been to the yard once, the day we closed. We have to train her on the invisible fence - we've got all the flags up, so we'll get started once we move in fully over the weekend!

*******************************************************************************************

• @lacqueredlover - Small world! Montclair is sooo nice! Right now we're living in Marlboro (right near Freehold, most people don't know Marlboro but they know Freehold) and the house we're in the process of buying is in Rahway. I miss my apartment and 10 minute commute SO much! 

• @swazzle - Thanks! I'll give it a shot. I've been taking DayQuil, but I'll pick up some Advil cold & sinus instead.

• Swazzle said:
    @lacqueredlover - Small world! Montclair is sooo nice! Right now we're living in Marlboro (right near Freehold, most people don't know Marlboro but they know Freehold) and the house we're in the process of buying is in Rahway. I miss my apartment and 10 minute commute SO much! 
    Oh I know Marlboro, I had a few camp friends from there!  I'm not too happy about moving to the suburbs again but it will be really nice to have the kids more and at least Montclair is a fun town

• Morning! I'm sure there are like 15 more posts since I started reading, but I'll get to those soon.

@Swazzle - Yay for furbaby snuggles! Give Snoos all my loves. I miss that face.  Also, sending house vibes. I really hope you guys hear SOMETHING soon so you can decide whether or not you're hanging around for this one.

@Dignity100 - I'm glad the pups seem to be behaving, minus the incident this morning!

@Cocobellaf - Sending you hugs today. I'm sorry about your H's brother.  Also, sending vibes for your great-aunt.

@cu97tiger - AGREED. We need snow if it's going to be this cold.  Also, wishing you all the luck for your light jog on Sunday.  Since we can't come up, I may stalk you on runner tracking :)

@southernpeach89 - I second @Swazzle on putting your loans on autopay.  I don't do it through the lender though, mine are on autopay with my bank.  It was easier to set up because I'm lazy.

@lmcooper86 - NOM dumplings.  I'm always craving those.  I may have to make a trip to our local Asian grocery store for supplies now.

@peaseblossom55 - Coworkers are the worst.  I hope for your sake she finds something soon!

@beanbot2002 - HI STRANGER.  I'd have let Bean freeze. He'll only do it once!  Also, your cheese pastry sounds nom.  Please to can has?

@lacqueredlover - Have fun with the kids! Where are you guys going?  Actually, that sounds creepy. What kind of restaurant/food?

--

Happy Wednesday!  My boss is flying in this morning, so I won't have a ton of time to chat.  

I spent this morning at the doctor's office - I had my annual GYN and then my anesthesiology consult for my endoscopy next month.  Picking up my BC prescription, the woman asked me, "do you have any questions for the pharmacist?" It took EVERYTHING I had not to respond with, "So, I take this orally, right?"  (Backstory, I've been on NuvaRing for almost 4 years.) I know they HAVE to ask, but apparently I'm feeling sassy today.

Tonight I have a GOTR happy hour, and then I am going home to snuggle with M.  I need to find a place for a deep tissue massage tomorrow night.  The PT session I had last week ended up aggravating my shin splints back to where they were last year.  I haven't had issues in about 9 months, and my run last night had me almost in tears.  I did a deep tissue last year before my first half and I was pain free for the race, so I probably need to have that done ASAP.
    I french with my man
  • @swazzle and @peekaboo2011 That's a good idea. I pay them through the lender but I usually do different amounts each month depending on how well we stuck to our budget. I don't usually go below my recommended amount per month...I usually go above it to cover more than the interest amount plus some of the principal amount. If I could change the amount per month but it just automatically deducts it then that could be an option.
  • @Swazzle , @ChemFanatic25 , @CocoBellaF , @GoldenPenguin - Thanks guys!!  My dogs are not small (Loki is around 90lbs (he's a little thin too) and Nessie 125lbs), so when they pee it's usually an OCEAN!  I think it was Loki that peed (he's on prednisone, so he drinks/pees more) - I'm not sure who broke into the kitchen, that's anybody's guess. What makes it worse is that H is convinced that Loki just TOLERATES his existance.  I feel bad for H and I sympathize that he had a huge mess to clean up, I just don't know what he wanted me to do.  I did text him and let him know I'm sorry the dogs gave him a hard time and I felt he took it out on me which was not very nice.

Weather is 21 - Feels like 6.  Why do they put that 'Feels Like' it doesn't make anybody feel any better!!!  My office is at 71.6 (and if you ask me it feels like 55, since Mr. Weatherman is playing that game - I have a tank top, long sleeve shirt and a thin fleece on and I'm still freezing).

@futuremrshistorian - Dogs do (and roll in) the darndest things!!  sorry you got stuck with such a mess!!

@LaPeanut1018 - I feel this crock pot mac-n-cheese recipe is worth a post :o) . I'm still waiting on my pictures - so jealous you got yours (but happy for you!!)!!

Anniversary
  • @peekaboo2011 well tonight it's my future step son's turn to pick (we go out every wednesday and let the kids switch off picking) so that means it's a Pizza night.  When it's future step daughter's night, it's always the diner haha.  I can't wait until they start eating more than italian and diner food lol.

• after hearing about @LaPeanut1018's mac and cheese, I am really hoping some mac and cheese shows up at my work potluck.  NOMMMMM.
  • Swazzle said:
    @Dignity100 - I get like that, like your H, I mean. There was a stretch of a couple weeks where it seemed like everything that could go wrong with our animals (pee, poop, throw up, gum stuck to the bottom of a paw) all happened only when I was home to deal with it. I got so irrationally angry with my H (and in front of @GoldenPenguin, @Hummingbird125, @buddysmom80, and @csousa1, thank god they love me) I had to apologize later. It was just pent up frustration that exploded and I felt so bad about it. 

@lacqueredlover - I didn't realize you were in NYC! I'm right across the river :::waves:::
    Hey, I was also there for ALL of those things. Including the flood of pee that happened while we were belt-removing. YOU WEREN'T ALONE!!!

My sister is there going to college. She is in Troy, it's about a 2.5 hour drive from me. Where are you located? So you totally know how the weather is. Goodness, I feel so bad for Buffalo but they can keep that horrible weather. I don't think it has snowed in Syracuse for the past two days, whew!
  • @Ollie08 - They keep it behind the counter. You know, with the rest of the good stuff ;)

@lacqueredlover - It's been very weird getting used to not being able to be in the city in 10 minutes and worrying about how the F I'm getting home from places since I don't drive to work. So many adjustments. Also, DEER. There are SO MANY DEER in the suburbs. They just stand and lay in the friggin street! 

@peekaboo2011 - Thank you! I hope the pain in your shins gets better ASAP.

• Swazzle said:

My sister is there going to college. She is in Troy, it's about a 2.5 hour drive from me. Where are you located? So you totally know how the weather is. Goodness, I feel so bad for Buffalo but they can keep that horrible weather. I don't think it has snowed in Syracuse for the past two days, whew!
    Well that's funny... I work at a college in Troy. Is she going to be an engineer, by any chance? 

• ChemFanatic25ChemFanatic25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Swazzle said:

Well that's funny... I work at a college in Troy. Is she going to be an engineer, by any chance? 
    She is not. She is located right next to ***** though. She doesn't enjoy the math but decided she loved science so she is going for nursing at Russel Sage and she is doing absolutely amazing. It's easy to connect with her though because I am an engineer and she interacts with them on a daily basis so it's easy to converse.
  • edited November 2014
    I help them out with sporting events sometimes! It's a great school!

• My cat is going nuts this morning. She gets in high energy moods a lot so she's bouncing off the walls. H is really sick ans had a rough night so I'm trying to entertain her so she stops running around our bedroom. No luck.

I hate when H gets sick. He doesn't often, and most of the times he does he just powers through. I know its bad when he's acting like he is now. I wish I could help. I'm also really worried I'll catch it. We have a big work event this weekend that I have a big role in so I cannot get sick. Absolutely can't.

Also I'm wearing pink :)
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I read through all of these but forgot to make notes for everyone. I'm sorry! It's been a crazy couple of days around here.

Yesterday I left work around 3 and planned to be super productive. However, I was exhausted and feeling nauseated by the lunch my job provided, so I ended up taking a nap until 6. Oops. I woke up in a fog and still feeling gross, so I watched New Girl all night and did a puzzle. I didn't even eat dinner. Tonight I'll force myself into the gym, and we'll have tacos for dinner tonight to make up for last night. 

My photographer finally heard back from Half Price Books, and we're on for Sunday at 9am for the last half of our engagement photos. I'm really excited because I think these are going to be really cool and very "us," but the 9am start time is less than thrilling. Hopefully I don't look like a zombie in the pics. lol

I'm on cloud 9 right now. I spoke with the benefits company that processes reimbursements for our HRA, and I qualify for about $2k in reimbursement for my allergy shots. I'm beyond relieved. Plus, I spoke with the dentist's office, and they're going to refund me the amount I should have been reimbursed from insurance for my gum graft. With Christmas expenses going over budget (I love shopping for other people, so I tend to go over budget with gifts), the extra funds are MUCH needed, especially since I'm hoping to pay off one of my credit cards soon so I can use the money I spent on payments for the wedding. FI may be unemployed for a bit after February, so I'm trying to put as much money away as possible for the wedding.

OK, I need to get some work done. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

• @chemfanatic25 - Could you do me a favor & take the name of my employer out of your post? I've never shared the actual name, and since it's pretty unique, I'd rather not have it out there. Thank you!! :)

• I already caught it, @GoldenPenguin.  you're covered!
  • @eilis1228 - if you look like a zombie for your e-pics, at least zombies are 'in' right now ;o)

Anniversary
  • @CocoBellaF - Thank you! I could have done it myself too (MOD POWERS MWAHAHAHA) but I wanted to let her know first :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards