Snarky Brides

Re: "Wild animals are the latest wedding trend"

• BRB, emailing this article to FI and telling him I want to do it so I can laugh at the mild heart attack that ensues

Seriously, though, this is insane.  Who are these crazy people with wild animals at their weddings?!

• Kandi from RHOA had caged big cats at her Coming to America-themed wedding.

It was really depressing that she had them there. I can't get with people who have exotic animals for show at shit.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Update: I emailed FI the link and said I wanted to have a "llama-themed wedding."

His response? "Dear Lord."

Hahaha I don't know if he totally knows I'm joking.  I don't know what I will do for fun when I can't try to convince him I want weird themes for the wedding anymore

• This is why I had my wedding at a zoo. All the animals, and none of the parading, transport, etc. Plus they were all in cages so there's that...
    *********************************************************************************

• Dude. Animals are not a fucking wedding decoration. That's just nonsense. 

These brides need to watch several episodes of "when animals attack" and then maybe they'll stop using living things as props. 
  • Llamas all side eye

I hope they spit on all the people that thought this was a good idea. 
  • natswildnatswild member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    I think I'm going to suggest that we do this to my fiance, and watch the sparks fly ;)  not something I'd ever do, but it will be fun to tease him a little! ;)

ETF too many letters
  • Have these women ever interacted with a real llama?! They're the WORST. Why would you want them (or any animal) to serve as a wedding decoration?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Have these women ever interacted with a real llama?! They're the WORST. Why would you want them (or any animal) to serve as a wedding decoration?
    Seriously. They are pure camelid evil. And they look like they might be a mix of dinosaur, ostrich, and sheep. 
  • So, fun fact--I'm getting married at a nature preserve. Inside the venue they do education programs and yes, they have various animals, including rats, snakes, and a bigass snapping turtle.

All the animals go away during private events (can you imagine your 6-year-old nephew like, tapping on the aquariums and shit? Poor animals!) but FI's favorite joke is to tell everyone that there will be a snapping turtle at our wedding. 

Moral of the story: we are SO TRENDY and didn't even know it!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • FiancB said:
    Llamas all side eye

The article says they were trained not to spit.  (Not saying that means it's a good idea.) 

And "llama girls," what a name!
  • @peachy13, that bear would SO be FI and me!

I told him we should have wild animals at the wedding, and he thought I was cracked!  Then he went on to tell me about photographing a wedding that had lambs and chickens in it!
  • I would suggest that to FI but he would probably do it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• NONONONONONONO
    Fuck the chance people will get spit on or attacked by an animal, fuck the logistics, fuck every other reason that this is a bad idea.

HOW THE FUCK ARE THESE ANIMALS TREATED???? You think someone who fucking rents these animals out as props is giving them room to roam and caring for them properly? And when an animal has been "Trained" to quit doing a natural behavior (Ex. llamas being "trained" not to spit) there is almost always abuse involved, because again, these people don't care about the well-being of the animal, so they will absolutely use pain to classically condition these animals.  

Chances are the "Tameness" of these animals is because they're scared shitless of more physical abuse.  

If anyone I knew breathed a fucking word about renting an exotic animal for their wedding, they'd be dead to me right then and there.  Keeping exotic animals in captivity for nothing other than amusement is not something you condone, no matter how "special" of a day you think it is.  
    @HaileyDancingbear I love how angry you are. Genuinely. Never stop your righteous indignation; it's awesome! You have the best brand of Real Talk (TM).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • FiancB said:
    Llamas all side eye

The article says they were trained not to spit.  (Not saying that means it's a good idea.) 

And "llama girls," what a name!
    Yeahhh I kind of doubt how effective that is. It's like, I've trained horses not to take off or whatever, but that doesn't mean they are never ever going to ever do it. They're still animals. 
  • Not gonna lie, if I had unlimited money I would have my wedding at an elephant sanctuary in about two seconds, regardless of what my fiance had to say (and he wouldn't have anything to say because he knows not to get between me and elephants.) They are the best animal and I would be just fine having elephants instead of people as guests. Sorry, mom and dad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm just gonna throw this out there...animals shit. And that shit smells.
  • Not gonna lie, if I had unlimited money I would have my wedding at an elephant sanctuary in about two seconds, regardless of what my fiance had to say (and he wouldn't have anything to say because he knows not to get between me and elephants.) They are the best animal and I would be just fine having elephants instead of people as guests. Sorry, mom and dad.
    Side note, I saw an elephant at the San Diego zoo get a boner and it was the size of a canoe
    That elephant sounds like he'd be a riot on the dance floor though, right? If we got him a nice pair of tuxedo pants?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • NONONONONONONO
    Fuck the chance people will get spit on or attacked by an animal, fuck the logistics, fuck every other reason that this is a bad idea.

HOW THE FUCK ARE THESE ANIMALS TREATED???? You think someone who fucking rents these animals out as props is giving them room to roam and caring for them properly? And when an animal has been "Trained" to quit doing a natural behavior (Ex. llamas being "trained" not to spit) there is almost always abuse involved, because again, these people don't care about the well-being of the animal, so they will absolutely use pain to classically condition these animals.  

Chances are the "Tameness" of these animals is because they're scared shitless of more physical abuse.  

If anyone I knew breathed a fucking word about renting an exotic animal for their wedding, they'd be dead to me right then and there.  Keeping exotic animals in captivity for nothing other than amusement is not something you condone, no matter how "special" of a day you think it is.  
    @HaileyDancingbear I love how angry you are. Genuinely. Never stop your righteous indignation; it's awesome! You have the best brand of Real Talk (TM).
    @KatieinBkln Thank you!  I'm glad others enjoy my rants :) 
  • I admit, I love animals and thought it would be fun to have some somewhere at our wedding. So what did we do? We held our wedding at a venue that includes a small stable with goats, mini horses, and a pony (I was most excited about the goats). They weren't near the ceremony space, but guests were allowed to explore the grounds throughout the cocktail hour and reception, so many went down to pet them (they were all behind a fence). There was a strict no-feeding-the-animals policy in place, for the animals' well-being. But having a wild animal walk down the aisle at your wedding? That's just crazypants.
  • larrygaga said:
    I would suggest that to FI but he would probably do it. 
    @larrygaga did you ever see Snow Moon Ranch in your venue searching?! It's a llama farm!

• larrygaga said:
    I would suggest that to FI but he would probably do it. 
    @larrygaga did you ever see Snow Moon Ranch in your venue searching?! It's a llama farm!

omg
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards