Not Engaged Yet

It's Wednesday. Let's chat.

13»

Re: It's Wednesday. Let's chat.

• @peekaboo2011 you have no idea of how much I'm hoping she moves on and soon

@swazzle I'm like a half an hour from you.  I was at the freehold mall on Saturday.

Anniversary

• Oh hai there everyone. 

@swazzle I'm so excited for you to see the furbabies tonight! Yay!

I also failed to make notes and there are still some SNs around that I'm getting used to. 

I spent the morning chatting with a youth parent and getting my hoohah waxed. I FINALLY found a really great waxer. I never knew it was supposed to be THAT easy and enjoyable. Definitely the least aggressive wax ever, unlike the one lady who I thought was going to rip my labia off. 

So, now I'm at work, procrastinating getting ready for my parent meeting tonight. 

We move next weekend. WTF. I am not prepared. And I'm doing it alone and that's terrifying. 

And, send the NEY job vibes H's way, if anyone's interested, especially all you North Easters. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I help them out with sporting events sometimes! It's a great school!
    Really? What type of sports? My sister is one of the team captains for tennis. She is pretty good. I unfortunately haven't been able to watch because of work and traveling but she seems to do really well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • So I have three cousins (all brothers) on my dad's side who all have the same severe mental and physical developmental disabilities. I've always gotten along with them very well, and they're all really sweet boys. I haven't seen them in a while (a couple years), obviously, because I rarely go to any paternal family events anymore.

When J and I were drawing up the guest list, we decided to invite just my mother's side of the family, and then my godmother and grandparents from my dad's side. We were risking going over budget if we invited my paternal aunts, uncles, and cousins, and it seemed like a huge slap in the face to that side of the family if we invited all those people, but not my dad. We also figured that at this point, after 10 years of estrangement, people wouldn't be terribly surprised.

Welp, one of my disabled cousins friended me on facebook for the express purpose of asking why his family wasn't invited to the wedding.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @chemfanatic25 - Could you do me a favor & take the name of my employer out of your post? I've never shared the actual name, and since it's pretty unique, I'd rather not have it out there. Thank you!! :)
    Sorry about that! I was wondering why it had stars instead of the name. I fixed it :-)
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    thanks @peaseblossom

@phira - was there a wedding recap post? 

ETA: I'm dumb. Going to read it now....

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @swazzle - YAY to babies. I'm still sad that I can't go to Frozen with you & that you can't come help me move. Brady needs his Auntie Swazzle. 

@CocoBellaF - your pics are adorable! I love your puppies. 

@BeanBot2002 - I LOVE YOU.

@ChemFanatic25 - where in NY are you? 

It's up to 28 degrees here - feels like 19. It's supposed to get warmer again though, and according to the 10-day forecast, will be 59 on Monday. Stop it, Mother Nature. Just stop. 

I'm dying to see what our floors look like. I ordered the truck for Saturday, FI is scheduling the couch delivery, and we have friends on tap to help! I can't wait!! 
    This better happen next week when I fly to the Capital Region or BF and I will be very cold. 59 is about the coldest it has been here at night, so I have been mentally preparing all week for dealing with NY temperatures, and seeing this made my day :)

• @Peaseblossom55 - I was there on Sunday! That's only 10 minutes from my current abode.

Not tonight, @audrewuh. God. Can't you read? I'm going to see them on SATURDAY.

Kidding, obviously. I am SO glad you finally found a good waxer! It's about time! 

• ....clearly I can't read.... 

I'm having brain issues. Is moving-brain a thing? I feel like it should be. 

I figured the 6th waxer I tried had to be a good one, right? And she's at the center by my work where I went out of emergency only today, and I'm so glad I did! So, if I keep this job, I can keep going to her!

• @swazzle that's so funny we need to gtg soon

Anniversary

• I'm here late again!

@swazzle so happy you get to see your babies soon! I just have 1 kitty and even though she's a pain in my butt I miss her if I'm gone for a night!

@phira that is awkward about your cousin. I'd maybe just say sorry but you had a super tight budget. people are so rude.

so today I'm leaving work early today, going home to drop my car off then me and FI are picking up my BFF (also a BM) and going to do cake tasting at a bakery and food tasting at our venue! I've been waiting to eat cake since I made the appointment last week. oh and I tried my dress on this weekend and I love it :)  I have to figure out how to make the kind of belt I want for it and I'm not crafty at all.

• @aurorarose41 that is great news about your dad!

@audrewuh I'm such a baby, I'd love to get a brazilian but I really don't think I can handle it. I just imagine my labia being ripped off 

• hooray, @AuroraRose41!!  so happy to hear your dad is doing well!!!
  • @lavenderfields13 thanks! Re: waxing, the place that I go to has a numbing formula that you can buy and use like 15 minutes before your wax, and it makes it so much easier. IIRC, it was about $15 for a bottle and I have used it a few times now and haven't even gone through half. I think you can buy similar products online. 

• @aurorarose1 yay healthy dads!! Those are the best texts. 

@lavenderfileds13 the pain the first time isn't near as bad as the pain your first time back after taking off a few months. And, apparently, if you get a great girl, then it's not bad at all, minus a couple of spots that are just going to naturally hurt like a mo-fo. 

For me, the hardest part was getting over the "OMG someone I'm not romantically involved with is going to be 'down there'". But, once I did, it pays off. 

• I had a bad wax last week. Like, it wasn't more painful than usual, but the technician waxed off WAY more than I'd asked without my permission, and charged me extra for it. The reason I stick to regular bikini is not because I'm too cheap for something more than that, but because taking more hair off makes me feel pre-pubescent. Not gonna lie: nothing like a huge amount of body shame to take some of the sparkle out of a wedding night.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Thanks @CocoBellaF! You never responded to me yesterday about whether or not you have been to San Diego previously and how long you will be in town for. I can definitely recommend some local things to see, but some of them require some travel and at least a day. 

At the very least, seeing and eating in Little Italy, walking around the Gaslamp District, and going to the beaches and kayaking through the sea caves in La Jolla are musts. Oh, and we are very proud of our local craft beers here. The best breweries to check out are Karl Strauss, Ballast Point, and Stone, but there are also something like 88 other options and BF and I haven't tried all of them yet. 

ETA: Also, La Jolla is pronounced "La Hoya". Pronouncing it wrong is one of the easiest way to stand out as a tourist, and while most people are friendly to tourists, some aren't and you will be made fun of, even by the friendly ones. We have a lot of Spanish influenced names around here. 

• @AuroraRose41 - I apologize, I didn't see your post with all the craziness that went down yesterday!

we will be there 12/31 thru 1/3 (leaving in the afternoon).  we are staying in Little Italy!
  • @phira - Ooof, that seems pretty rude to me. Hopefully you don't get anymore questions like that from other people.
  • @phira that's awful! I would have raised a storm via the phone the next day. Because it takes all my self confidence to take my pants off, much less get into a confrontational situation. My wedding night issues came courtesy of my MOH and BM who had let me fall out of the cab during my bachelorette party the week before and consequently putting my tooth all the way through my lip. Purple bruise and sore as hell lip =/= super fun sexy times.

• audrewuh said:
    thanks @peaseblossom

Who the hell are you?

I french with my man
  • AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @CocoBellaF no problem! BF and I actually live in Little Italy. We will be in NY from 12/19 until 1/4 though :(

Little Italy has amazing food options. I highly recommend Saturday brunch at Queenstown Public House (BF and I go there frequently; they have mimosas made with local organic juices). There is also an enormous Farmer's Market in Little Italy every Saturday on Cedar St. (Queenstown might be packed if you don't get there early as a result). For good Italian food for lunch/dinner, go to Bencotto or Trattoria Fantastica (both on India Street). All of these should be within walking distance of where you are staying. Ballast Point and Karl Strauss both have Little Italy locations if you want to sample some of our craft beers. 

However, Little Italy does not have a party scene at all. If you are looking for that on NYE, go downtown to the Gaslamp area. There are also harbor cruises (with fireworks I believe) that you can take. 

The best beaches start in La Jolla and you can go North from there to Del Mar/Solana Beach, Encinitas, and Carlsbad. You can take the Coaster (commuter train) from downtown to all of those areas if you don't have a car. 

Also, if you have never been, the San Diego Zoo isn't far from Little Italy and is a must see (but it's pretty much a whole day endeavor). 

Let me know if you have any questions! 

ETA: I realized that I made a slight mistake. You cannot take the Coaster to La Jolla; you need a car for that one. However all other beaches that I mentioned are accessible by train. Also the best way to go to Gaslamp from Little Italy is to take the Green Line trolley (even if you do have a car; trolley tickets are $2.50 each way and parking down there is $20 a car normally) 

• edited November 2014
  • audrewuh said:
    thanks @peaseblossom

Who the hell are you?

• I help them out with sporting events sometimes! It's a great school!
    Really? What type of sports? My sister is one of the team captains for tennis. She is pretty good. I unfortunately haven't been able to watch because of work and traveling but she seems to do really well.
    Usually just volleyball and basketball. We don't really do stats for tennis - just get the results at the end. I'm good friends with the woman who has my position over there, so whenever she needs help, she calls me up. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @peekaboo2011 it's from this bakery called Cafe Bonjour in Haymarket! We should TOTALLY make a date and go...I'll find out if they make GF stuff! My coworker's wife works there.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards