Wedding Woes

Friday

What's on for the weekend?

I'm making 2 and 3 help me clean out my closet this morning.  DH is taking comp time this afternoon and I'm going to calling hours. 

Saturday am I have training then funeral.  I'm not sure what the rest of the day will be.  Sunday who knows. 

DH has all next week off.  He wants to get tires (on Wednesday at Costco when we are leaving Wednesday afternoon).  He also wants to get his windshield replaced.  He doesn't have appointments yet for any of this.  My parents are taking the kids next weekend instead of this one. 

You can stop here if you don't want to read MIL stuff:

I told her my uncle died.  She said "ok, I'm traveling with a college basketball team.  Pray they win"

She keeps trying to bring her mom over for a day.  I've sent our schedule 3 months in a row now and she never seems to have time for her, sFIL, and GMIL, to come over.  NONE OF THEM WORK.  Why is it so hard? 

Re: Friday

• And now I'm pissed.  I still don't have all of my pictures and it's been a MONTH.  I want to use these for Christmas cards.
  • Ugh 6...How frustrating.  :(

I'm on the Serial podcast train.  This is interesting stuff. 

Tonight: No idea.  I kind of want to go to Costco, but it depends on when DH gets off work. 
    Tomorrow: DH works.  I have stuff to do around the house to get ready for next week. The kiddo is going to see his friend in our old area.  
    Sunday: More cleaning and getting prepped for next weekend. 

I can't wait for DH to have his 5 day weekend next week. 
  • WTF @ the college team remark?  That's bullshit.  She can't think of someone else for one effing second?  She's lucky it wasn't me on the other end.  I've been in a mood lately.

I'm really in a great mood, I just have no patience for fuckery lately.  I really let MIL have it yesterday when she told me some of the things she's done (enabling fuckface SIL in general and putting money toward her body wrap scam) and the things she is currently considering (one of DH's nieces asked to move in with MIL and FIL with her 3 yo son - I gave that a hearty hell no and gave detailed reasons).  At the end of the day, it's their life and none of my business but I couldn't listen to that crap anymore.

The roofer will be here by 9 to start the repairs.  He said it should take a couple hours.

We will be at our friends' new house helping them this afternoon/tonight and the rest of the weekend, except for when we'll be at my gma's house tomorrow for her TG.
  • Tonight PF has PT then we have to go to Target, then home for me to start some crafting.

Tomorrow we're supposedly doing pics for our holiday card. Then we have a b-day party to go to.

Sunday, I dunno yet.
  • 1. Have I said lately how much I love my new school? It's so different from the dark side, yo.

2. I can honestly say I have zero plans this weekend. I think when I go get my new boots tomorrow, I'm going to start Christmas shopping. I just have my mom, sister and new BIL.

3. I tried to talk my friend into doing something, but she's in some kind of a funk, so whatever.

• SMH @ MIL. Dropped DH at airport, DD at school. It's "do whatever the fuck I wanna do" Day :D Starting with coffee...
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Dharma, I say a nap should be on the agenda.:)
  • My weekend will be very random.

Filled with painting ceilings, getting wall paint and packing boxes.  Less than 4 weeks until Moving Day.  HOLY CRAP.  And here my head goes...

Also, there is a chance that H and I will buy a baby grand.  It sounds so fantastical, but if it fits in the space, the timing is right (so far) and money isn't an issue, my aunt/uncle will sell it to us.  *claps*  I am soooooo excited.  I haven't played piano at any interval of regularity for over 10 years, and the prospect of this is perfect.  I need a creative outlet. 

• Oh 6.  That is too much wtf-ery.   
    And my DH does that crap to me all the time.  For example, an hour before DD's birthday party last week, DH announces that he's taking the car in for an oil change right then.  Why did it have to be done RIGHT THEN?  Who knows?

I have a few little plans for the weekend, but I think I'll end up laying around the house being sick.  :(
  • I'm on the Serial podcast train.  This is interesting stuff. 
    YES.  So much this.
  • AuntFlo said:

And my DH does that crap to me all the time.  For example, an hour before DD's birthday party last week, DH announces that he's taking the car in for an oil change right then.  Why did it have to be done RIGHT THEN?  Who knows?

YASSS!  DH has decided we need to paint our exterior doors because of the party next week.  Uhm, I'd rather you get the effing living room surround sound/speaker wire stuation resolved, so we can position the furniture better.  Also, the bonus room is a hot mess.  And we haven't hung a single damn thing on the walls and all of our wall-hanging/art are leaning up against the walls.  Plus there's the cleaning/organizing that needs to be done.  PLUSALSO, DH works tomorrow AND Mon-Tue and I work Mon-Wed...therefore, it's not like we have  all the hours to get this shit done.  Sooo...why do the doors *have* to be painted? 
  • I swear Dh needs an oil change at the least convenient times. Like the day before we moved and the day before Max was born.
  • And not just oil changes/tire rotations/painting walls.  He also leaves to POOP at the least convenient times.  Do you know how many times I've been left wandering a store for a half hour while he's in the bathroom?  Or our plans for a day are shifted by an hour because of his need to take a dump right then.  IT MUST BE NICE TO SPEND ALL THAT TIME IN THE BATHROOM BY YOURSELF WITH NO INTERRUPTIONS WHENEVER YOU WANT.   @ftrMrs0 - are you sure you're ready to be a parent?  Be prepared to never have bathroom time for the next 18 years.

• AuntFlo said:
    IT MUST BE NICE TO SPEND ALL THAT TIME IN THE BATHROOM BY YOURSELF WITH NO INTERRUPTIONS WHENEVER YOU WANT.   @ftrMrs0 - are you sure you're ready to be a parent?  Be prepared to never have bathroom time for the next 18 years.
    *takes notes*  I have a great bladder, but not THAT great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards