Not Engaged Yet
Options

Thursday?

2»

Re: Thursday?

• Options
    @futuremrshistorian Wow, that's a really great gift! Very sweet and thoughtful. He's going to love it!

@speakeasy14 I want those cupcakes too! Om nom nom.

@Ollie08 Laaaame. I'm glad you're able to be there when they deliver though. I mean, I understand why they require a signature since it's expensive equipment, but, you know, LAME. :-P

@swazzle I can't wait to see Mockingjay. We may try and see it Saturday night... if not, it will have to be next weekend. It's going to be so good!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 and @swazzle -- I'm kind of cheating because the cake mix is a caramel apple box mix from pillsbury.  I'm adding caramel vodka to my buttercream.  I will let you ladies know how they come out -- I may be KUI tonight :)

Also, @swazzle ummmm  those comfy seats sound amazing! I get discounted movie tickets through work, so I already bought tickets to a specific theater, but they can be used anytime. 
  • Options
    I am having a yucky day.  the end.
  • Options

@Peaseblossom55 - Thanks! I can't wait to be away from the cold for a few days.

@eilis1228 - You and me both I felt so bad for my coworkers who drive and had to pick up kids and stuff, it sounds like it was  real shit show.

@GoldenPenguin - YAY floors! When are you guys officially moving?

@lilacck28 - SO PRETTY! I see what you mean about that swoop at the back, it's sort of princessey, but not awful in any way.

@speakeasy14 - I will also take a cupcake kthxbai

@Swazzle - We're probably also going to the theatre with the big reclining seats and in seat service and adult beverages. There are a bunch of theatres up here that have started adding "VIP" screens to existing theatres, so there are a bunch of small 19+ screens which are awesome.

@CocoBellaF - Booooo :( Have a puppy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    thanks, @lmcooper86 ... I love that!!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    @CocoBellaF -My day turned yucky at lunch time. I came home to Maddux chewing the corner of my hope chest that my grandparents bought me when I turned 13. He has never chewed on furniture until now. UGH.....

It may be time for the sour apple spray
  • Options
    oh nooooooo!!!  that is bad, @southernpeach89 - definitely try the spray.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian - That is probably the cutest gift I've ever heard of!

• Options
    Thanks guys!!! About the dress, and the support with my office. It was weird and I'm kind of miffed, but there's nothing I can do about it. I didn't really plan to work here forever though so... eventually it won't be an issue :) And if it gets worse, that process will be expedited.
  • Options
    WTF is up with airlines charging for everything? I went to check-in online. It is now $25 to have a carry on bag. Which means it's cheaper to check my tiny bag than to carry it on the plane. It has seriously gotten so ridiculous to fly anywhere these days.

• Options
    @bethsmiles Who are you flying with??? I've never had to pay for a carry on bag. I flew American two weeks ago and didn't have to pay for my carry on then.

• Options

@bethsmiles - Whaaaaa? I have never heard of having to pay for carry on!! That's insane, what a pain.

Oh, and instead of doing all of the work I need to get done before I go away, I just bought 2 pairs of boots. Whoops.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @bethsmiles how much are you packing? If you can get an under the seat bag, those count as a personal item and you don't have to pay for it. Or if you're carry on is small enough to fit under the seat, it will also count as a personal item.  Just don't carry a purse. I flew with Spirit and they charge for everything except a personal item.  

@futuremrshistorian that is the best gift idea ever! I may have to steal that idea one day 
  • Options
    @bethsmiles - Frontier?  Spirit?  I had the same nasty unpleasant surprise when I flew Frontier to a conference in September.

@ellis1228, @swazzle, @speakeasy14 - Thanks!  We actually had our first "date" in Istanbul (in quotations because I didn't know we were having a date at the time!).  We were on a trip with a group from the University we both were at at the time.  So we've been meaning to go back, just the two of us.

Plus, he has this thing where, since our first date was overseas, we have to be in a foreign country when he "officially proposes" (which is basically code for, "I get a sparkly ring," since we already decided to get married0...so fleeing the country sounds like a good idea.

Also, I want to KUI tonight, but I need to study my catechism in preparation for my meeting with the priest tomorrow.  Surely I could do that and drink a glass of wine...?
  • Options
    @bethsmiles @futuremrshistorian First thought I had was Spirit. Ugh.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options
    @phira I flew Spirit once to a conference...honestly, the next time, I'll pay more for the ticket and fly a nicer airline.  The plane was old and dirty, which was enough to make me change my mind about the cheap price.
  • Options
    @phira Everyone I know has told me to never fly Spirit. They may initially be cheaper, but they nickel and dime you to no end. American has had the next cheapest rates lately, so they're normally my top choice. 

• Options
    bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    @Phira - Spirit is the WORST! I flew with them when I went to Vegas with my mom. They charge for everything.

@Eilis1228 & @mrsfuturehistorian - I'm flying Frontier this time. Usually I love flying with them, this policy is new :(

• Options
    justbeingme93justbeingme93 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    Holy Guacamole. I have not been on here in awhile. I have been so busy with school and work, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have finals in a few weeks, and then I will have a nice break for Christmas. I can hardly contain my excitement. "Finals" do not really consist of in-class tests for me anymore because I'm in my fourth year. However, I do have unit plans, lesson plans, group projects, presentations, and research papers to complete. Honestly, I would rather have in-class exams than performance tasks. Regardless, this semester will be done in a few weeks! Also, our anniversary is coming up. 7 years!!! I cannot believe it has been that long. SO and I have changed so much over the past seven years, and I feel so blessed that we were able to grow together and maintain an amazing relationship. Alright, that is all of the updates I have. What have y'all been up to? 

We got a decent amount on snow this past weekend. SO and I were headed back from a football game when we got most of it, and it was definitely a slow ride home! 

I am so excited for Mockingjay. I probably will not have time to see it until after finals, so let me know how you it is! Maybe I will read the book again before I see the movie. 

I hope you have a lovely anniversary day! 

• Options
    @justbeingme93 - Good luck with your finals! Remind me, what is your program?

• Options
    @bethsmiles, thank you! I will be graduating with a degree in elementary education. It is a lot of work to get through the program, but I know it will be worth it! 
  • Options
    @justbeingme93 - That's what my brother's girlfriend is doing! She always has so many projects going on, I don't know how she does it (she takes 20-22 credits a semester).

• Options
    @eilis1228 - It was a great thing I stayed back! The package was delivered at 2:15. I would have just been leaving the massage at that point. Now I get to take it to Little O's Thanksgiving play and feast today! It will give me time to play around with it so I'm not so nervous tomorrow. There are SO many more features I can use! Also, I agree about the lame thing, but I get why they do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards