Not Engaged Yet

Mockingjay

I loved it! It's not my favorite of the 3 but I loved it. Here are my thoughts:

-It was not constant action as there was in the first two movies since there are no Games in this one. 

-I actually enjoyed the downtime, I think it helped develop the characters a little better. I also think it's good for those who didn't read the books to get a better understanding of WTF is going on. 

-I always said I didn't understand them splitting the last book into 2 parts and I'm not sure if I still agree with that assessment. I think if they had done 1 movie, it would have been really rushed and I think a lot would have been lost. 

-It was a really, really good set up for the last movie, I seriously CANNOT wait for Part 2 now. 

-I am infatuated with Jennifer Lawrence, she can do no wrong in my book.

-I really haven't liked Josh Hutcherson as Peeta but I thought he was actually really great in this. 

-Liam Hemsworth = SWOON. 

-Elizabeth Banks was absolute perfection, I just love her so much.

-Julianne Moore was good. She's just not who I pictured at all to play Coin but I think she did well. 

-I want to re-read all of the books again right now. 

-I am going to see it again on Monday. 

Re: Mockingjay

• I cant wait to see it!!!!!
  • Ahh!!! This made it more exciting!!!
  • I can't wait to see it, we may wait until next weekend so the crowds die down a little.  I reread Mockingjay about 3 weeks ago to refresh myself on what happened.  I can't wait for it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Anniversary

• I can't wait to go see it! FI and I are planning on watching HG on the plane, Catching Fire sometime this weekend, and going to see Mockingjay Sunday night or Monday. WOO!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm actually really relieved by your assessment! I was worried about them splitting it into two. And I was kind of disappointed with the way the book played out. It felt almost like the book was rushed, so I think I'm glad it's in two parts for that reason. Can't wait to see it! I hope I see it for a first time before you see it for a 2nd lol

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I'm going tomorrow...I can't WAIT!  I will say, Mockingjay is not my favorite of the 3 books [HATED the end], so I'll be interested to see how I feel about the movie.  I may re-watch Hunger Games and Catching Fire tomorrow before I go, but I may not have time.

I'm glad to read your assessment...it makes me even MORE excited, if that's possible.
  • I think Mockingjay was EVERYONE'S least favorite of the 3 books but I think it's translating a bit better on-screen. 

• Oh good! I've been hoping that the Mockingjay movies would be better than the book - early assessment based on only the first one? Does this have the potential to outdo the book?
  • Now I can't WAIT to see it! I'm going with my mom and two girlfriends tomorrow and I can hardly stand the suspense! So glad you loved it!!!
  • Mockingjay was actually my favorite out of the books, but I hated the ending.  
  • I'm excited!!! I'm going to see the movie tonight with my old college roommate (its sort of our tradition) and I cant wait. Thanks for the assessment.
  • @KeptInStitches - Good question. I think maybe? I haven't read Mockingjay since it first came out and I've only read it once so my memory is a little fuzzy. 

@speakeasy14 - I hated the ending also. 

• @swazzle - I felt the ending was way too rushed, so if the pace of the movie(s) has slowed down, that would be a huuuuge improvement in my book.
  • Your review makes me really excited to see it! I never really liked or disliked Josh Hutcherson as Peeta but I felt like this was the movie where we would get to see him really shine or fall short. I'm glad to hear you think he did well!

I was also worried about there not really being enough content for two movies but it's good to hear that maybe it was a good decision (although I still think everyone does it just because HP did not because they are thinking about what is the best decision).

Mockingjay was my least favorite of the three books but when they made HP,Order of the Phoenix (#5) was my favorite movie but least favorite book. So maybe it will be the same with HG!

• Is it bad that I hope the movie ending is different than the book?
  • I too found Mockingjay my least favorite... with the others I had a good idea of how to visualize it but with Mockingjay it didn't translate well in my mind.

Anniversary
  • WildMageletWildMagelet member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited November 2014
    I enjoyed the movie.  They cut off right about where I expected them to.  I about cried during the opening scene.  I think the book translates well to film.  Even though I m/l knew what was going to happen next from reading the books, I was still really into it.  I was able to laugh, worry, and be on the edge of my seat with anticipation when appropriate.

I enjoyed Effie.  I'm glad they changed that part from the books.  I'm assuming its because everybody loved Elizabeth Banks and lack of character development on the stylists in the previous 2 movies.

I love Finnick.  I have mixed emotions about the next movie because of this.  (P.S. I was not a huge fan of Claflin in SW&tH)

Liam Hemsworth is dreamy, but not as dreamy as his older brother.

I enjoyed Peeta in this movie.  I feel like he had way more depth than in THG.

I haven't formed an opinion on Coin yet.  She was not what I expected.

Oh darn, guess that means I should go see it again.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2014
    I saw it on Friday! I loved it! I agree with pretty much everything @Swazzle and @WildMagelet said.

I loved Elizabeth Banks. My best friend kept whispering "She is perfect I love her!" every time she came on screen.

I really loved Josh Hutcherson as Peeta in this one. I'm so glad he did well and gave the character some much needed depth.

I freaking love Finnick, he's my favorite character in the series. I wish he had gotten more screen time, I feel like people who didn't read the books won't realize how amazing his character is.

It did end right where I thought it would. I wish they had cut it a little earlier to really shock people who hadn't read the books but I understand why they went a little longer.

• @bethsmiles I agree with you on the ending.  They had that long pause between scenes and I was like "and that's where they end it" and then they pulled a RotK on us.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I'm of the opinion that HG can do no wrong, so I enjoyed it. I can see how other people did not, and I heard gasping and alot of confusion at the ending. I just wish the next one wasn't a year away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards