Not Engaged Yet

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday Everybody!!  Any good plans?

Last night, I got home from work, took care of all the animals and fell asleep.  H called about dinner and I told him I just wanted to sleep, so he went and picked up Wendy's. I got up to eat, he had to go help his dad with their computer.  I went back to sleep.  I had a few phone calls/texts that I had to deal with before 8:30; and then I just went to bed (before I was sleeping on my giant bean bag in the living room).

This weekend - I'm really hoping to go see Big Hero 6 tomorrow.  I also want to go to Kohls and return some wedding gifts (I don't have gift receipts, but if I only get $25, I'll be happy even though it should be closer to $75-100).  I'm aslo in desperate need to grocery shop and get laundry done.  I have to work from like 9:30p-5:00AM (drive in the office too); H has to work from like 9p-9a as well (but he gets to stay home), so that part is going to stink big time.

My confession:  I've kind of been pretty frustrated with life lately.  I get up in the morning - I have to take care of ALL the animals.  I get home from work, I have to take care of ALL the animals and all the house stuff.  All H has to do is get up, get ready go to work and then he gets home and eats and watches TV.  He's asked to help out around the house, but I don't know what to tell him to do.  Part of it is - I think he should be able to just help without me having to say something; the other part of me feels bad he's moved into my house and it's a wreck.  At work, I have a team mate but nobody goes to her, everybody comes to me.  She's never signed into instant messenger and she's newer so the customers are just used to dealing with me and now I'm swamped and I don't know how to tell people 'no'.  I talked to my TL and he basically came off as 'it's your problem, unless other people that aren't you complain about your team mate not being available, I'm not going to do anything about it'.  I like the company I work for, it's just the department right now feels like it's everybody for themselves and no sense of team.  All of that's been gnawing at me and I just don't feel I can catch a break. Just had to get that off my chest so I can hopefully move past it :o)

Anniversary

Re: Happy Friday!

• @Dignity100 - sounds like you need to start delegating.  and if your H is asking, start giving him some things to do, and hopefully eventually he'll just start doing them without you asking!  H and I used to have that problem (I did everything, he did nothing) and it's gradually shifted over time to where we're about even.  plus, H gets that the more house work or chores he does, his chances of sexytime exponentially increase because I'm not working my butt off all the time. 

I am at work for 4.5 hours today.  I have a ton to do, and 2 meetings, one of which will be a complete monkey show (I don't even know what that means, but it's the first thing that came to my head)...  H and I are getting Mexican food and coffee after (we are both off at noon) and doing some grocery shopping.  I'm making a carrot cake with my mom tonight for a bake sale at church.  and we need to start doing laundry and packing for our trip next week.

this weekend I am:  working (don't have much leave so I'm working like a dog all weekend and Monday to earn my hours), cleaning, packing, wrapping H's family's Christmas gifts, celebrating my mom's birthday, practicing for my Turkey Trot 5K (but it's a 100% chance of rain Saturday, so who knows how that'll work out), and working.  I am so darn exciting.

I do have a vanilla breakfast shake this morning.  I used vanilla powder (it was new!), PB, 1/2 banana, 2 big handfuls of spinach, ice, almond milk.  it is a very pretty shade of green and tastes like cake batter.  YUM.
  • Yay I'm in early today so I can actually participate!

@cocobellaf that breakfast shake sounds delicious! What is the powder?

@dignity100 definitely start delegating at work and home.  Hopefully that will take a lot off your plate so you can function.

So I made my boozy caramel apple cupcakes last night, and of course taste tested everything.  Since the cupcakes were caramel apple I decided to cut up an apple and soak the pieces in vanilla vodka and fireball.  When the cupcakes were done baking, I cut out the middle and filled with the apple pieces.  I think they're delicious, but I'll let you know how they go over tonight!
  • @CocobellaF your shake sounds so yummy.

@Dignity100 I sometimes feel like I do a lot around the house too.  Sometimes I flat out ask him to do this or help me.  We've been in our house for about 1 1/2years now (living together for 2), we have gotten into a groove now, of who does what in terms of cleaning. So sometimes I have to remind him or tell him to do something but I don't mind. 

Tonight I may be at the theater helping with the show they have not sure yet.  I'd much rather be home but we'll see.   Tomorrow we are painting the trim in the kitchen and doing some touch up to the paint in the kitchen as well. Nothing too exciting, we may go out to eat and may be try to run an errand or two.  Sunday is my sister's baby shower I'm co-hosting.  I hope it all turns out well. Then nothing else exciting the rest of the day just relaxing and some football.

Anniversary

• @Dignity100 - I feel like I'm sort of in the same position with FI. We don't actually live together, but he's at my apartment 90% of the time. And I get annoyed when I work all day, go home, make dinner, clean up, etc etc, while he comes over, showers, and watches tv. To be fair, there is really only room for 1 person in my kitchen, but I get frustrated that he doesn't help out after dinner. I think a lot of this is my own fault though, since I am a bit obsessive and don't think he can wash my dishes properly lol. I think I'm just going to stick it out until we move into our own place, and then work on delegating some of the chores to him, and/or hire a cleaning lady. I feel like he feels weird cleaning the apartment because it's not technically his home; is that maybe how your H feels, and why he's always asking to help instead of just doing what needs to be done?

Last night I went home, did some laundry and cleaned up around the apartment, had dinner and WINE, reviewed our church rental agreement, reviewed our flower quote and emailed the florist and potential calligrapher, and then packed up for my stuff for Florida. My mom came and picked me and my cat up, since they're keeping the cat while we're away. So I stayed at my parents' place last night, which was really nice. Got to have a long chat with my parents last night, and then my sister came home just as I was going to bed so we sat up talking for a bit. Later than we should have lol

I came in to work early today (so. tired.) because I have a whole ton of email to clear out. FI is picking me up at 2:30 to go to the airport. Soooooo this is a bit of a P&R! I'll try to come back on my lunch :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• TGIF. I've slept like complete ass lately. For whatever reason when I lay in bed at 10-11, I just can't go to sleep. Twice I had to take NyQuil for my cold and another night I took Benadryl. The only night I actually slept was the one I took the Benadryl. NyQuil usually knocks me out for days! I really really need to get some sleep.

H has been working crazy hours, and he also needs to learn to say no. They're taking advantage of him, and he's such a good person, he'll just get it done without piping up. I have kindly reminded him that if he keeps working this much he's going to end up sick and they'll get zero work out of him. It's in everyone's best interest to get him the help he needs this season. Not to mention the OT is killing them! I mean, it's great for us, but for the company, no way.

@Dignity100 - If your H is asking about things he can do to help, then tell him where you need help! Either that, or sit down and say, "I know you've been offering to help around the house, but I feel bad telling you what to do. What are some chores you wouldn't mind taking care of?" It turns out H and I could split the chores pretty evenly based on what we liked to do. I might hate laundry, but I hate when other people do the laundry more. I want my whites to be white. So H stays away from the laundry. H can't stand a messy kitchen, but I'd be ok every once in a while leaving the dishes for the morning, so he does the kitchen. We just balance what we can and tackle the big stuff when we're off on the weekends.

@Cocobellaf - Your day sounds wonderful. And short. And I'm jealous.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @CocoBellaF - OK, that shake sounds amazing.  I was doing smoothies for breakfast for a while, but these days I'm really into oatmeal. I'm going to put your shake on the list of things to try when I decide I want smoothies/shakes again.

@Dignity100 - I don't have any helpful advice, but I'm sorry you're so stressed!

@speakeasy14 - Those cupcakes sound fabulous!  Sort of like a combination boozy cupcake and boozy apple pie.

Last night after class I was going to come home and work some more, but I was exhausted so I decided to just relax a little.   I made dinner (tilapia, roasted brussels sprouts, and couscous), had a couple of glasses of wine, and watched the end of season 4 of Buffy and season 1 of Angel.  Both of them were so good!

Today I have a meeting with the priest (we're meeting once/week for the rest of this semester because I can't make the regular RCIA class [Rite of Catholic Initiation for Adults]).  I've actually known this priest for years...he was roommates with my college boyfriend.  It's nice that we already have a sort of relationship established, and our conversations have been really good so far.  I'm feeling very convicted about my decision to convert, which makes me happy.

Then this afternoon I'm headed back to Tulsa to do research. I've been really frustrated with this experience so far.  I've found some good information, but it's just been such a headache!  The source I need (a magazine) is in the main library at a very conservative, somewhat-exclusive school.  In order to even gain access to the library, I had to fill out paperwork, give them a copy of my driver's license...and agree to abide by the dress code.  (Which negates my favorite researching outfit of leggings and Mr. Historian's sweater.)  Plus, I can't access the library on the weekends, and I can't leave or come in after 5:00 on Fridays, because all that is card swipe-access only.  In theory, I understand all of these rules, but...I've never encountered anything like it before, and it's just enough to make me cranky.  So hopefully this is the last time I have to go up there.

This weekend's going to be quiet.  Tomorrow I need to clean and catch up on some grading, and then my dad is taking me to see Mockingjay (!!!!!!!!!!).  Sunday is church and Nutcracker rehearsal.  And then it's Thanksgiving break and I am a happy happy girl.
  • Morning, all! I will read everyone's stuff later - I'm kind of behind and rushed this morning.

Tonight we have FI's office party. It feels way too early for an office party, but hey free food so my level of complaining is really low.

Tomorrow FI thinks he's gaming from noon to 10 p.m. We'll see just how cooperative I'm feeling on that front. That's an awfully long time, and even he admitted it, so ...

Sunday is for football.

We are exciting people I tell you.
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @Dignity100 – Having a team atmosphere at work is so important! I feel frustrated FOR you that everything is falling on your shoulders……….. And as far as being the only one taking care of the animals, lady, you are preaching to the choir. I’m on my third day home sick, and I’ve STILL be the one walking the dog in the morning and dropping him off/picking him up from his play group. I’m starting to get pretty sick of paying for everything too. The dog was my idea, and my fierce desire, so I haven’t once complained about it. I just….. you know?

@CocoBellaF – I don’t believe you that a green shake tastes like cake batter, haha. But honestly, that whole shake recipe sounds AMAZING.

@speakeasy14 – OMG, YUM!

@futuremrshistorian – That’s crazy that you’re going through all that work for a magazine!!

@beanbot2002 – In my personal opinion, for the winter, apple pie is the way to go. I’m filling mason jars with it for all my work friends for Christmas this year….. And OMG! I would totally be wondering if he’s up to something too!

-------------------------------------

Well, I'm back! I would have been back on here sooner, but the night I got back from AZ I finally got the sickness that BF was getting over before the trip. I probably could have sucked it up and gone to work, but not being on vacation anymore made me extra sick, haha.

My trip was so much fun! I got to hang out with my nephews a ton, and we played that Jenga game a million times. The following is just a description of my trip. You don't have to read it, haha.

On Saturday we watched my oldest nephew play football, then played at a playground for a while. We ate Sonoran hot dogs (a Tucson delicacy), and then BF and I took a side trip by ourselves through Tucson to see the bridge that looks like a rattle snake, and to check out the street cars he worked on a year or so ago. Then we stopped by the San Xavier mission, this amazing old building and bought tacos made on Indian fry bread that natives were selling out front. After hanging out with my nephews a little longer, we met up for drinks with an old friend of mine from work that moved to Tucson a year or so ago.

On Sunday we drove to Tombstone, since that is one of BF's all time favorite movies. It was kind of a bummer that there wasn't much for kids to do, since we were toting around 3 of them. It made the experience less interesting. But we went in the original Bird Cage Theatre and did a tour and saw a "gun fight". That night we had to head out before dinner because we had 4 hours of driving to do. We stopped and got sushi/hawaiian fusion for dinner, not realizing it was a really nice/expensive restaurant. At about 10 o'clock, in the middle of nowhere, we pulled over and looked at the stars. There were SO MANY of them! I miss that about the country.

On monday we finished driving an extra two hours from Flagstaff to the Grand Canyon. I really think my BF absolutely loved it. We went on a 6 mile hike down into the canyon, which was so fun. I was definitely pooped by the end though. I think my last hike was in July! We got some food and some warm drinks, then walked along the rim until we found a nice place with no people around to watch the sun set. I gave BF SUCH a hard time at this point. Somethinig along the lines of "You realize we're alone, cuddling and watching the sun set behind the Grand Canyon right? Talk about a missed opportunity." But I bought myself a ring that night. It's got 3 different types of polished stone in it, and I'm absolutely crazy about it...... A couple of hours after sunset we used the flashlight on my phone and found our way out to a bench along the rim trail. We turned off the light and looked at the stars for a while. I must have been seeing thousands. We also saw two shooting stars! Really good ones too. That was definitely the most amazing day of my relationship.

Tuesday we traveled back, and by the time I got home I was feeling like shit. I didn't go to work the last two days, and today I am working from home just because I know I'm extremely behind. And by working, I mean checking in on here.

• @Dignity100 If you just expect someone to do something, you're pretty much going to sign yourself up for disappointment every time. You need to have a talk with your H about chores, and how you feel. And then you need to figure out who does what (he does need to contribute here as you're both working full time). A lot of couples fall in to this when they first move in together...and sometimes that's made even more difficult when they do it after they get married because in your head you think "He's my husband, he needs to help me around the house/yard/whatever". Anyway, the big message here is Communicate, Communicate, Communicate. You need to be upfront, don't beat around the bush. I'm not saying go on the attack, but you MUST tell him what your expectations are and then be prepared to listen to what his expectations are. This isn't going to be an easy process, and it's going to take awhile, but it's a habit you both need to start forming right now or you're setting yourself up for a long and disappointing marriage. I don't want to sound mean here, but the consequences of not having regular face to face conversations about your needs and your expectations can lead to a lot of heartache.

@CocoBellaF Enjoy your half day today!

@Ollie08 I'm sorry you haven't been getting sleep lately. :(

No big plans for me this weekend! H and I may go to the mall to spend more giftcards. We had to return some duplicate items so we're going to see what else we can find that we want off the registry from Williams Sonoma. I think we're going to get a really nice coffee grinder! We have a manual one at home that works great but it takes soooo long to grind coffee with it. I'm really excited!

• @Dignity100 - I'm honestly a little confused by your post. Your H has asked what he can do to help but you're upset with him for not helping? You have to remember that people aren't mind-readers and I hate to make the man/woman distinction but I really believe that things that come naturally into our brains (the sink is full, I should probably wash them; there are dust bunnies on the floor, I should probably vacuum) don't necessarily come naturally in theirs. If he's offering to help, it doesn't seem fair for you to be upset with him. 

• beanbot2002 I love apple cider sangria!  I made it for my sister's wedding and everyone loved it that the bartenders had to track me down to make more. I also have made a spiced cranberry & pomegranate sangria (just add some cinnamon sticks and all spice to get the spiced flavor). 

@alpacina vacation sounds amazing!  We went to Vegas last year and were going to drive out to the Grand Canyon but decided to go to Red Rock Canyon instead.  Definitely on my list of places to visit.  But timeout lady... you bought yourself a ring!?!? Please tell me its just a pretty ring that is not meant to symbolize anything other than ooooo sparkly? :)

• @speakeasy14 - Yes, I just bought myself a new piece of jewelry that I like. It goes on my right hand, currently. :) It's not flashy. Just awesome.

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @alpacina hahaha ok good, the way you went from comment to bf to buying a ring, I thought we needed an intervention. You must share pictures of its awesomeness :)
  • Tonight, I'm eating all the pizza and I'm prepping either THIS or THIS for brunch tomorrow. 

Tomorrow, I'm going to Old Navy for a little retail therapy. I have a coupon for 50% off everything in the store! Some of my family is coming over for the aforementioned brunch and then we're going to see Disney on Ice: Frozen! I'm so excited, maybe more excited than the kids I'm taking. After the show, H and I are driving my mom home and staying over with our babies!!!! I CAN'T WAIT. 

Sunday, we'll snuggle some more and then I'll cry when I have to leave to go watch the Eagles game. The Dolphins play after my game so it'll be a long day of watching football out! 

• @beanbot2002, he's not proposing.  He's buying you a pony.

This weekend should be fun.  A friend of ours from college is staying with us and we're all going to the Notre Dame game tomorrow and tailgating (he got his MBA from there.)  So it'll be nice to have a friend visit.  DH is all excited and planning all the food for the tailgate.  He's so cute.
  • It is so freakin hard for me to be able to add pictures on here. (@speakeasy14)

• @CocoBellaF - Busy weekend!!  Hopefully you have some time to relax and enjoy it!  Hope you get some Turkey Trot time over the weekend!!

@Speakeasy14 - did you bring enough of those cupcakes to share with the rest of us??

@Peaseblossom55 - Hope the baby shower goes well!

@Imcooper86 - Hope you can sleep on the plane.  Sounds like you had a great night though.

@Ollie08 - Hope you can get some sleep tonight!!  It stinks not being able to sleep.  My H works crazy hours too and doesn't know how to tell anybody 'no'.

@futuremrshistorian - Wow, sounds like you need to leave an 'easter egg' in that 'very exclusive, very restrictive' building to prove you were there!!

@Beanbot2002 - My H is offering to help, I just don't want to feel 'bossy' and give him jobs.  Hopefully D has a great surprise for you but try to keep your mind off of it or you'll drive yourself crazy!!

@KeptInStitches - Hey you're more exciting people than H and I are!!

@AlPacina - sounds like you had a great vacation!!

Thanks everybody - I just keep telling myself that H and I have only been living together for a little over a month and things aren't going to magically going to meld our lives together without a little work and a few talks and such.  I need to get used to letting him know what needs to be done because like @Swazzle said, I don't think he looks at the floor and says 'huh, I could build another dog, let me vacuum'.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 FI and I have established which chores we're responsible for, and every weekend I make a to-do list on our white board and ask him to take care of his chores on that list. He never complains, and I make sure that it's a 50-50 split each time. As for the work thing... maybe you could just forward or CC your teammate on some of the responses? 

@CocoBellaF Holy moly, you are busy! I hope you're able to find some time to relax! It sounds like a really fun weekend though, despite the working.

@speakeasy14 I think you need to move to Dallas and be my personal baker. Holy moly. *drools*

@peaseblossom55 Have fun at your sister's baby shower! Are you doing any fun games or fun food?

@lmcooper86 Aw, what a fun night! I'm glad you got to spend some quality time with your family. I always love nights like that. Have fun in Florida this weekend! I hope your travels go much smoother this time.

@Ollie08 UGH those nights are the worst! I've found that I'm kind of immune to NyQuil now. Benadryl knocks me out for like 14 hours though, and it clears up my allergies and sinuses better than NyQuil does. NyQuil recently came out with a sinus night-time treatment, and that works really well too. I hope you're able to get some sleep tonight! Have fun playing around with the fancy camera too. :)

@futuremrshistorian I really need to watch Buffy and Angel. A friend of the family was on Angel for a few years, and I feel like a terrible person for having watched maybe 2 episodes ever. You have to watch Buffy first to understand Angel, right? Also, re: stupid conservative libraries. UGH that always made research awful in grad school. I remember trying to look through archives and having to be there at the most inconvenient times and wanting to strangle whoever made those decisions. I hope you're able to make a lot of progress this weekend so you don't have to go back!

@beanbot2002 What is this apple pie sangria of which you speak? It sounds delicious. Try to enjoy the party and not think about D (easier said than done, I know). December's not technically for a few more weeks anyway. :-P Plus, I kind of think a NYE 11:59pm proposal would be really sweet, so if he DOES wait that long, it will definitely be worth the wait. 

@KeptInStitches Holy moly, 10 hours of gaming??? What is he playing?

@AlPacina Your trip sounds so much fun! Now you've got me wanting to go to Arizona and explore. 

@LaPeanut1018 Ohhh a quiet weekend at home with H (!!!). That sounds perfect. :) 

@southernpeach89 Happy anniversary weekend!!!

@swazzle I vote bananas foster, but both recipes have me drooling. I think you'll be happy with either of them. Or you can go for the gold and make both!

OK, so I get the award for Most Awkward Night Ever last night. I've mentioned our friends N1 and N2 on here a few times. N1 drives me crazy, and she's said stuff before that's really offended me. However, she and FI are very good friends, so I'm doing my best to adjust and be really friendly too. Plus, I really like her girlfriend N2. She and I have very similar personalities, and we always joke that if I turned lesbian, she and I would run off together. Anywho, N1 has been saying for a while now that she wants to propose to N2 by the end of the year. Cool. Last weekend N1 asked me and FI to help her with ring shopping last night. There was a fancy event at jewelry boutique, and N1 knew the owners of the store. So, yesterday afternoon I text N1 to see what time she wanted to go, and she responds, "Oh, is that tonight?" Uh, ok. I texted back that it was and laughed because she had sent the invitation. She said she'd come by around 7 and then freaked out a bit because she had no idea what to do or what to get. She then sent me a picture of a ring on a finger. I asked her where she'd found that picture, and she said she and N2 had gone to this event last year, and that was a ring N2 had really liked. Hmmm ok... It was a split shank ring with cushion cut center stone and a halo, which is a really popular style right now. I told her she'd have no problem finding that setting or something similar, and I asked if she still wanted us there because it looked like she had all the appropriate information to get the ring herself. She panicked and said she didn't know N2's ring size (I don't either...), wasn't sure if the ring was still there, and she didn't understand any of the terminology I'd used to describe that setting because she hadn't done any research on rings. At this point I'm getting annoyed because it doesn't seem like she's put any thought into this. I calm her down and tell her we'll get the standard size 6 and it can be resized later, and I tell her again we'll find a similar ring. No problem. Five minutes later N1 texts me panicking because N2 is mad at her. N1 told N2 she was going out that night but wouldn't give her any details and wouldn't let N2 come. So yeah, no cover story. FI and I are REALLY annoyed by this point because no thought has been put into this night at all by N1. It just seems really sloppy and thrown together. I told N1 to either invite N2 and let her pick out a few settings, or just cancel altogether and go look next week when she can come up with a decent cover story. N1 invites N2, and N1 wants us all to ride together. Anywho, when they get to our apartment last night, N2 is in a FOUL mood. She looks really pissed off and exhausted. She and I sit in the backseat together, and I tell her that I'm sorry she had a bad day but hopefully she'll have fun at the event. She looks at me and says, "I'm just looking forward to the free booze." Ah, ok. Um, awkward... we get to the boutique, and N1 pulls N2 over to a case with settings. She tries to get N2 to try on rings, and N2 flat out refuses. She says she does not want to try on rings, she doesn't like any of the rings she sees, and she does not want to be there. N1 keeps trying to force her to try on rings, and N2 finally tells N1 to just try on the rings herself. N1 won't drop it. They fight. FI and I wander over to another case and look at wedding bands because this whole night has been ridiculous. Finally they stop arguing and N2 says she wants something really really simple, and she likes the split shank design. N1 still tries to force her to try on rings, N2 keeps telling her everything there is too fancy for her and she 100% does not want to try on any rings. After an hour and a half of this, we leave. N1 is frustrated and says, "Well, I guess we're still looking for a setting..." 

I mean, holy hell. It was the most awkward thing ever. N2 clearly did not want to be there and was not into the idea of a proposal soon, and N1 was not hearing any of it. It was cringe worthy. When we got home I found a design online that matched what N2 kept saying she wanted, and I sent it to N1. I don't personally think she should buy a ring anytime soon, but it's not my place to interfere. If she's going to spend that kind of money, it might as well be on something N2 said she wanted, you know?

So yeah, total awkward turtle night.

Tonight FI and I are going to see Interstellar at the IMAX. We're really excited. Tomorrow it's supposed to storm all day, so I don't think we'll be doing a whole lot. I need to get my nails done for our engagement pics Sunday, and we need to run a few errands, but otherwise we'll probably be at home. Our apartment complex is allegedly painting the edges of the front doors all day Saturday, and we have to be home to let them in and then keep the door open for 2 hours while the paint dries. Since there's a 100% chance of storms, I'm hoping it's cancelled, but we'll see... Then Sunday morning we have engagement photos at Half Price Books, and then our friends and our goddaughter are coming to visit. She's 3, and our friends never bring toys for her when they visit, so she's always bored out of her mind. I think I'm going to run to Walmart or the dollar store tomorrow and grab some coloring books and stuff for her. 

TGIF!

• edited November 2014

@eilis1228 the food is being catered, and it's a brunch I'm really looking forward to that.  We didn't really plan any games though.

H just sent me a text our kitty's ashes are ready to be picked up. It makes me sad, but at least she will be back home.  In a sense.

Anniversary

• @ellis1228 -Yes, start with Buffy, because it gives you a ton of Angel's backstory, and they overlap together, at least in the first season of Angel.  It's SO GOOD.  Also...yeah, you do win the "most awkward night ever" award.  I can't even imagine.
  • Wow.............. I missed a lot of drama while I was gone!

Dangit.

• @peaseblossom55 That sounds like a lot of fun! I recently went to a brunch baby shower, and the food was my favorite part. :-P

• @Peaseblossom55 - Have a great time at the shower!

@speakeasy14 - Cuuuuupcaaaaaakes! Why u no share with NEY?

@futuremrshistorian - I hope your meeting with the priest goes well! And damn, I hope that magazine is SUPER helpful after the hoops they're making you jump through. That's craziness.

@beanbot2002 - I hope you have a great time at the party REGARDLESS of what may or may not happen :)

@Swazzle- You have a perfect sounding day. Shopping and Frozen and furbaby snuggles? Yes please. I took my cat to my parents' place last night since they're watching him while I'm away, and I stayed over because it was just easier. So I tried to get a good snuggle in with him this morning but he was too busy running around like a lunatic and annoying my parents' poor old cat.

@eilis1228 - Thanks, me too! I do NOT want a repeat of last weekend! And wtf, that is THE most awful and awkward evening...I really hope that N1 doesn't set herself up for major disappointment :S

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @eilis1228, some sort of tabletop game - I'm not sure whether they're doing D&D or Pathfinder or Kingmaker or what, but I know they're doing character creation and first session tomorrow.
  • @futuremrshistorian Duly noted! I'm almost done marathoning New Girl on Netflix, so I'll probably start Buffy next. Thanks for the tip :) And yes, it was painful to watch. Now FI and I feel queasy thinking about what will happen once she proposes. :-\

@lmcooper86 Unfortunately it sounds like N1 is definitely setting herself up for disappointment. I just hope that she opts to do a private proposal. 

@KeptInStitches Ohhh ok, that makes more sense. FI and I play a lot of tabletop games, but not a lot of character creation ones. 10 hours is still crazy long though. We're usually exhausted after an hour and a half of gaming lol.

• If I could give each of you a cupcake I would, but I don't think they'd ship nicely. As soon as I figure out how to ship cupcakes so they remain awesome, you'll each get care packages :)

@eilis1228 holy awkwardness!  I would have walked away too! 

And I would love to be your cupcake person, Dallas sounds way better than PA right now.   I have to be honest though, I'm lazy and rarely bake from scratch, Pillsbury and Duncan Hines are my friends. 

@alpacina I love that ring! 

@swazzle ummm both sound awesome for brunch and are making me drool, but I vote bananas foster. 

• @speakeasy14 Girl, you still come up with creative and delicious cupcakes with boxed mixes. I'd be boring and do plain old chocolate with chocolate frosting. You add booze and add stuff in the center. I'd say you're a culinary genius! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards