New Hampshire

Hello everyone! (and a question!)

Hello! I've been lurking here since I got engaged over the holidays, but I hadn't posted yet. Now that my fiance and I have  a date (September 24, aka 8 months away, eep!) I felt it was time to introduce myself!

I grew up in NH, but currently live in Washington DC. I'm planning my wedding long distance, with a big assist from my great parents, since they are local. I'm so excited to be having the wedding where I grew up.

I have a question--does anyone have ceremony venue recommendations for the Dover area? We booked our reception at Rivermill, a brand new location in Dover. And while there is a little park next door (Henry Law Park in Dover), I wanted to have some more options for an outdoor wedding in the area. Any ideas are welcome!

(And so nice to finally say hello!)

Re: Hello everyone! (and a question!)

• forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    How far are you willing to go?

There is  beautiful park at Wagon Hill Farm... thats not too far from Henry Law Park. It was actually where my FI proposed :-P

Is there some place off Dover Point? 

There is always Newcastle, Rye, Portsmouth area if you're willing to travel. 
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I will check out Wagon Hill, thanks! And I think I'd be willing to go as far as Portsmouth. It's a good 15 min drive, but as long as we were able to arrange for shuttle service (we're in talks with our hotels about hiring a shuttle for the day) for those without cars I think it could work.
  • forgetme12forgetme12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Wagon Hill is beautiful, and it's really not far at all from your venue. Speaking of your venue, totally jealous of that... that place didn't exist when we booked ours. We're having ours at the banquet hall at Sunningdale Golf Course.

What hotel are you using? We're getting married in Somersworth the weekend before. We're using the comfort inn, Dover. 
    Sept 2011 Dec Siggy Challange: Fav Holiday Things image Heat misers a ginger... http://jandk2011.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    We are using the Comfort Inn as well as the Days Inn, and booked a few rooms in the Silver Fountain Inn for those who'd prefer a bed & breakfast! I love the Silver Fountain, I want to get ready there and take some pictures. It's so quaint!

I really lucked out with Rivermill; I really wanted a Saturday and many of the other venues I checked had no Saturday availability left for the dates I was interested in. I'm keeping a close eye on the construction and it seems to be going great!
  • dls.1215dls.1215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I actually just moved to the DC area after living and getting married in NH!  

Have you though of near Durham?  I think the Flag Hill Winery does ceremonies on site.  I'm not totally positive, I think its in Lee NH.  I've also heard of people doing weddings at Newcastle Commons in New Castle NH, I had our engagement pictures there (I think if you click on the link in my signature under Planning Bio you may find them).  
    April 2010 January SC - Favorite Picture from the Holidays
    DH & I at the Light Festival

Anniversary

PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I'm also getting married September 24th!!!
  • edited December 2011
    JennLaura - Checked out your site, my sister had her reception at Atkinson! So beautiful, I loved it there. I would have checked it out for myself if she hadn't already been there/done that! :)

I put in a request for the application to hold it at Wagon Hill Farm. Not only is it gorgeous--it's free of charge! Awesome! Of course that means the weather will have to hold. I guess we'll see!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome! I am also a long distance bride! I am planning my July 10, 2011 NH wedding from Florida! It has deff been a challenge but I have also had awesome parents to help and support me!

Good luck!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    congratulations and welcome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards