Chit Chat

Because Fridays are random

13»

Re: Because Fridays are random

• amelisha said:
    @KatieInBkln, we had neighbours with a Sheltie growing up who was just the same. They're great dogs but the smarter a dog, is the more constructive challenges they need and that can be a huge undertaking. Our neighbours' dog barked incessantly just because she was so bored. I felt terrible for the poor thing.
    Oh god, ours was a barker. Our poor neighbors. 

I like to think he still had a good life, even if it wasn't perfect. But yeah, he for sure needed more challenges.
    We all knew a lot less about that kind of thing even fifteen or twenty years ago though. "Dog psychology" as a thing is pretty recent, so I don't think anyone should be feeling bad about their childhood pets as long as they got their physical needs met and were loved, you know? People just didn't know much about keeping pets' brains stimulated and engaged as a rule then. We had a terrier-heavy mutt and he was a bad choice for a little kid because he was more of a hunter than an affection seeker, but my parents just didn't know better either.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lc07 A shrimp farm?! What is that? Do you eat them? lol

• amelisha said:
    amelisha said:
    @KatieInBkln, we had neighbours with a Sheltie growing up who was just the same. They're great dogs but the smarter a dog, is the more constructive challenges they need and that can be a huge undertaking. Our neighbours' dog barked incessantly just because she was so bored. I felt terrible for the poor thing.
    Oh god, ours was a barker. Our poor neighbors. 

I like to think he still had a good life, even if it wasn't perfect. But yeah, he for sure needed more challenges.
    We all knew a lot less about that kind of thing even fifteen or twenty years ago though. "Dog psychology" as a thing is pretty recent, so I don't think anyone should be feeling bad about their childhood pets as long as they got their physical needs met and were loved, you know? People just didn't know much about keeping pets' brains stimulated and engaged as a rule then. We had a terrier-heavy mutt and he was a bad choice for a little kid because he was more of a hunter than an affection seeker, but my parents just didn't know better either.
    I might print this out for my mom! Thanks. I never thought of it that way.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • jenna8984 said:

1. Do you sleep with one pillow or two? .....1

2. OJ- pulp or no pulp? .....extra pulp for me

3. What was your first pet? .....a parakeet named Larry Bird

4. What color is your phone case? .....Tiffany blue/ aqua with grey edges

5. What shirt are you wearing right now? .....Hoodie from my college

6. Last time or reason you cried? ....about 2 weeks ago because of work stress

1.  1 pillow for me

2.  It really depends on what mood im in.  I like either

3.  A Cat named Bo.

4.  No case *thug life*

5.  Black blouse and black suit jacket

6.  I can't remember!

• jenna8984 said:
    @lc07 A shrimp farm?! What is that? Do you eat them? lol
    I'm sure somebody somewhere does but that was not the purpose! Have you heard of Sea Monkeys? They're pretty nasty. And they smell. I don't know what my parents were thinking.
  • lc07 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    I'm sure somebody somewhere does but that was not the purpose! Have you heard of Sea Monkeys? They're pretty nasty. And they smell. I don't know what my parents were thinking.
    I thought Sea Monkeys were for feeding other types of marine life?  Like crickets would be to lizards at the pet store.  

• 1. Do you sleep with one pillow or two? .....like, 5 right now

2. OJ- pulp or no pulp? ..... I want to choke on pulp, so tons of it

3. What was your first pet? .....an English Sheepdog named Bronwyn

4. What color is your phone case? .....silver with glitter

5. What shirt are you wearing right now? ..... plain long sleeved orange t-shirt (I'm in my jammies)

6. Last time or reason you cried? ....last week, re-reading my friend's Facebook page, the one who passed from cancer back in June

• levioosa said:
    lc07 said:
    jenna8984 said:
    I thought Sea Monkeys were for feeding other types of marine life?  Like crickets would be to lizards at the pet store.  

This is entirely possible. Mine were pets and came in a circus themed aquarium.
  • jenna8984 said:

1. Do you sleep with one pillow or two? .....1

2. OJ- pulp or no pulp? .....extra pulp for me

3. What was your first pet? .....a parakeet named Larry Bird

4. What color is your phone case? .....Tiffany blue/ aqua with grey edges

5. What shirt are you wearing right now? .....Hoodie from my college

6. Last time or reason you cried? ....about 2 weeks ago because of work stress

1. 3
    2. Orange juice is gross unless in a mimosa then no pulp
    3. A dog named Brandy
    4. Grey
    5. Hoodie from my undergrad university
    6. Watching Interstellar last week

Anniversary
  • 1. Do you sleep with one pillow or two? 1, unless J's gone, then I snuggle his

2. OJ- pulp or no pulp? Extra extra.  I'll eat it with a spoon if given the chance

3. What was your first pet? We had cats named Reggae and Harlequin when I was first born.  And I gave up my Edgar and Ellen (the Poes) when J and I got together because he's allergic

4. What color is your phone case?  No case on the POS Blackberry

5. What shirt are you wearing right now?  I'm at work, so uniform (don't tell anyone)

6. Last time or reason you cried? Two mornings ago I woke up crying because I had a dream that J put rat poison in my water bottle because he didn't want to be married to me anymore.  And he was gone for training for another two nights, so I couldn't even get snuggles.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • lc07 said:

levioosa said:

lc07 said:

jenna8984 said:

This is entirely possible. Mine were pets and came in a circus themed aquarium.

I had that when I was little. My sister and I thought they would be really cool but they were kind of boring.
  • 1. Do you sleep with one pillow or two? 1

2. OJ- pulp or no pulp? Don't really care.  Maybe slightly prefer none.

3. What was your first pet? Golden retriever

4. What color is your phone case? Black with a couple small smudges of white paint. I used to have blue but a small part had broken. Then, H got a new phone that didn't fit the case, so I took it (because it did fit mine).  H got the white smudges of paint on it at work.

5. What shirt are you wearing right now? Heather charcoal fitted v-neck t-shirt with a white camisole underneath.

6. Last time or reason you cried? Couple hours ago.  My sister told me she's pregnant...(Side note:  YAAAAAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!  I'M GOING TO BE A FLIPPIN' AUNTIE!!!! OH MY GOODNESSSSS!!  I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!! AN AUNT!!!! AN AUNT!!! AN AUNT, AUNT, AUNT, AUNT, AUNT!!!!!!!!!!) (Sorry.  Now aunt looks like it's spelled wrong.)

..Anyway, I started to really miss my family and I want to see them and I started crying a little on the phone.

• 1. Do you sleep with one pillow or two? Two

2. OJ- pulp or no pulp? No pulp.

3. What was your first pet? A cat named Fluffy

4. What color is your phone case? Hot pink

5. What shirt are you wearing right now? Gray tank top

6. Last time or reason you cried? About three weeks ago, when my engagement ring was stolen during a house party (but don't worry, I got it back!)

• @lovesclimbing ouuuuuuhhh congrats!!!!! Welcome to the auntie club :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovescliming Woooooo congrats to your family!! Well wishes! And I hate when that happens, you say or spell a word so much that it becomes meaningless or wrong when it was really correct haha 

• Thanks @rassyrais and @jenna8984. I'm super excited!  It's the first little niece/nephew in the family!  However, now I'm gearing up for lots of people asking when H and I are having a baby.  My sister is younger than me and she's been married for a year now, while H and I have been married for two.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards