Wedding 911

Wedding/Reception vs Pictures???

Hello and i'm so sorry if this is not the right place to ask this question, if it isn't please let me know and I will move my post.

My fiance and I are getting married August 29th 2015. The place for my ceremony has fallen through so we are going to do our ceremony in the same b uilding as our reception before. Which is fine it works well the set up will still work. MY question is when to do picture. I want to get pictures of the groom and myself and the bridal party before the ceremony, which would have worked perfectly at the church we were going to get married in because it was gorgeous outside the church.

But now since we are going to do our ceremony and reception in the same building which doesn't have really any nice scenery outside i'm not sure where to do picutres. Would it be okay for us all to go before the ceremony to a park or somewhere nearby to get pictures taken, and then come back to the hall touch up makeup etc and then start the ceremony? What is the general rule of thumb for that I guess, i've never been to a wedding besides in early childhood so I have no idea how this is all supposed to work.

Sorry for rambling, please help!

Thanks in advance ladies!

Re: Wedding/Reception vs Pictures???

• Of course!  As long as you give yourself enough time before the ceremony (so your guests aren't waiting for it to start), there's no problem with that at all.
    Anniversary

• I agree with PP.  Do your pictures wherever you want as long as you, your FI, and your bridal party can get there and back easily and in a decent amount of time.  You have plenty of time to scout out pretty, nearby locations.
  • You can really do whatever works for you and your schedule.  I see no problem with the plan you mentioned.  I would make sure to allow more time than you think you will need and then add a half hour.  You don't want to risk ending up in traffic (depending on where you live) and you don't want to feel rushed during your pictures or while touching up your makeup.  Personally, I would never do this with a morning wedding because I know I wouldn't want to get up and be scrambling but that's just me.
  • @ReginaLambert13‌ - please look at the date of the thread prior to posting. This is almost 3 months old. And the OP hasn't logged on since September 2nd. Thanks
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards