Destination Weddings Discussions

destination Hawaii

Has anyone had their wedding or planning their wedding in Hawaii! I have no idea on which island to have it. We are planning on it being just us and our 4 children for two weeks. One week with the kids and the other week alone. Please any advice would be helpful!!

Re: destination Hawaii

• CLICKY and CLICKY It really depends on what you want to see and do in Hawaii. The preceeding links give nice overviews of the Hawaiian islands. Do you want to spend time hiking? Do you want an active nightlife? Do you want to see an active volcano/lava? Do you want to snorkel or scuba dive? Do you want luxurious resorts and spas? There is no wrong choice, you just need to pick what works best for you and your family. 
  • I know all the islands are so beautiful, its really hard to choose I guess. But I agree, there is no wrong place and I want to do it all!!!
  • We did ours in Waikiki.  It's actually the only place in Hawaii I've been to.  DH has been to the Big Island as well, and I think Maui, but not sure.  Anyway, a bit part of the choice for us was cos Waikiki was close to a major airport, it was easy to get around in and there was both beach and city if people wanted it.  Several guests went on to other islands after the wedding.  We nixed some beautiful locations on Oahu due to arranging transportation to and from Waikiki.  It just made life easier for everyone going.  

A lot of brides on here in the past have used Maui cos it's more romantic and laid back compared to the city vibe of Waikiki.  You have to figure out what you want.  Having no guests other than your kids makes life easier as you won't need to consider other guests in terms of transportation, ease of arrivals, etc.  

• As a frequent visitor and recent Hawaiian bride, in my opinion the most beatutiful islands are Maui and Kauai.  I would start there for a private ceremony vs. Oahu (too crowded for my taste).
  • We got married in Kauai with 48 people and it was perfect. With an intimate wedding you could get married in north shore Kauai which is gorgeous.  Have you ever visited any of the islands?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards