Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

did anyone see syttd reruns yesterday? seriously a post party wedding dress

hyechica81hyechica81 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited November 2014 in Wedding Etiquette Forum
so i was watching say yes to the dress reruns yesterday and there was this bride who eloped with her husband just the two of them brides mother was upset because she did not get to see her daughter walk down the aisle. bride was looking for a party dress for her reception she was having months later. really come on?? worst part was the mom didn't like many of the dresses and it was because she never got to see daughter walk down in her original gown.. randy had the nerve  to tell the bride why don't you wear the first dress do a small ceremony kinda thing so mom can be happy.

then bride ends up choosing a white  pinina dress that was lace with that sheer corset top and then they jacked her up with a vile, ugh bugged the crap out of me that this bride wanted to play dress up again at a party that was months after her own wedding just to celebrate with family. yes that is exceptable if you dont wear a white dress no flowers no vile it should not be bridal 

Re: did anyone see syttd reruns yesterday? seriously a post party wedding dress

• Options
    Especially in one of those dresses with the see-through bodice. They sell those things hand over fist and every time I cringe.

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • Options
    so i was watching say yes to the dress reruns yesterday and there was this bride who eloped with her husband just the two of them brides mother was upset because she did not get to see her daughter walk down the aisle. bride was looking for a party dress for her reception she was having months later. really come on?? worst part was the mom didn't like many of the dresses and it was because she never got to see daughter walk down in her original gown.. randy had the nerve  to tell the bride why don't you wear the first dress do a small ceremony kinda thing so mom can be happy.

then bride ends up choosing a white  pinina dress that was lace with that sheer corset top and then they jacked her up with a vile, ugh bugged the crap out of me that this bride wanted to play dress up again at a party that was months after her own wedding just to celebrate with family. yes that is exceptable if you dont wear a white dress no flowers no vile it should not be bridal 
    Well, if she eloped with her husband, she's no longer a bride. 

But, yeah, this is gross as hell. 
  • Options
    I remember watching this particular episode and thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    Yeah I saw this episode recently. The whole time I was just like "WTF?" And when she picked that dress I started cracking up and clapped. FI walked in and asked what was going on. I just said "You wouldn't understand. But it is fucking ridiculous." 
  • Options
    What I liked about that episode is the mom's anger. That's right, she didn't get to watch her daughter get married- she knew a new dress for a party was dumb. 

• Options

No dress is going to make up for the fact that mom didn't get to attend the wedding.

I don't have any objection to a woman wearing her wedding dress to her 'celebration of marriage.' WTH, if you can wear it twice, go for it. It doesn't affect the guests' comfort. Some of the guests might enjoy seeing the wedding gown. But I don't understand buying a second bridal dress for the party.

• Options
    those see through dresses can have the fabric altered inside so its not as shear and you cant see skin i saw a bride on syttd do that once

also there gowns are so over priced i saw one bride try on the most simplest gown no bling nothing and it was still like 4 grand when i have seen similar dresses in a bridal salon locally go for under 1000 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards