Not Engaged Yet

Happy Tuesday!

Hi Ladies

Hopefully I'll be able to check in a little more, it's just a jam packed week (funny how they try to squeeeeeeze 5 days into 3).

We had high winds last night and it took out 2 fence posts and 2 sections of my fence.  Thankfully my dad is coming over sometime today to fix it.  We also had to go visit H's brother in the hospital (nothing serious, they haven't found anything wrong, they're thinking just stress/anxiety).

I'm just wishing my wedding photos would come - they're taking FOREVER!!!  I know October was a popular month and all, but come on!  I think I'd like to make a photo book for my in-laws for Christmas and I need time to do it.

Hope everybody has a great day!!

Anniversary

Re: Happy Tuesday!

• @Dignity100 -Sorry about your fence! How frustrating!

I'm working from home today so I'm watching stupid LMN movies while I type away. Everyone is trying to get all their stuff in before Thursday...oh well. I'm feeling much better today though so I'm not sniffling or coughing all day.

DH will be hunting until tomorrow with the pup so I'm on my own again tonight. I'm going to CrossFit and then maybe having dinner with my parents? I don't know yet.
  • We had the winds too. Apparently we're supposed to have snow in some form tomorrow, so everyone's panicking. I suspect I'll see a lot of shoppers with bread today. Glad his brother is okay! Anxiety attacks are horrible icky things, I would know, but fortunately they're not life threatening. Just traumatic. Not to minimize it, of course, but that's what I tell myself: "You're not gonna die of this!"

LONG shift today, and World of Warcraft is down for maintenance, so my time at home will be spent watching reruns on TLC while (maybe) getting over this cold. Hope everyone has a more interesting Tuesday!
  • So yesterday, the seller requested a close date extension of February 28th, 2015 which we more or less told him to go fuck himself over. Seriously, I've never hated a person more in my whole life. 

We have officially killed the deal and cancelled the contract and I'm ok with it. I'm SO OVER this entire process and SO MAD about the money, time, and energy we fucking wasted on this process. If you add up what we spent on the appraisal, inspection, attorney, survey PLUS what we've had to put out since we're technically fucking homeless, we've wasted $3500. Thirty-five hundred fucking dollars. I emailed our attorney to find out if there's anything that can be done about that amount and I'm waiting to hear back. 

I am angry and what makes me angrier is that I woke up in a great mood today. I JUST WANT TO HIT SOMETHING. I WANT TO HIT IT HARD. (Bonus points if you know what that's from). 

Now that I've had my outburst, I went food shopping for Thanksgiving last night and I'm so excited to cook and eat all the things with H! My aunt and cousins (where we live right now) are going away so it'll just be H and me and I couldn't be happier <3

• @dignity100 omg the wind was so bad here too! I woke up at 3:30 to my car alarm going off! 

We're having a last minute office potluck today.  So basically everyone brought in dessert stuff, and all healthy eating is done for the week. 

• @Swazzle‌ I'm so angry for you too!! I know the right house is still out there and I hope you find it soon! I also hope you get some of your money back. That douche totally had a breach of contract and he should pay! On a brighter note...I'm glad you and your H are going to get some alone time on Thanskgiving.

@southernpeach89‌ I'm glad you are feeling better!!

I'm S155 at the SSA office today and they are on S153 for my letter so hopefully that means I get to get out of here in the next 30 or so minutes. I'm hoping I remembered all the correct documents.

H is sick so he stayed home today. Hopefully he gets better before Thanksgiving. Once I'm done at the SSA I'll stop to do my Thanksgiving grocery shopping and then work from home the rest of the day.

• @Swazzle- Steel magnolias?

I'm sorry about all that you had to go through. It is beyond ridiculous and I hope that there is something that can be done for all the money you and your H spent on this.
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @Dignity100 Sorry about the fence! I'm glad your dad is going to fix it so quickly. 

@southernpeach89 I'm glad you're starting to feel better! Hopefully you're back to normal by Thursday.

@ourladyofpotato I'm in the minority, but YAY SNOW! I'm jelly.

@Swazzle Feb 28??? Wow. That guy has some balls. I'm so sorry it didn't work out. Ugh. I really hope you guys are able to find something you love even more and that you can move ASAP. 

ETA my own update

Last night I went to the gym but wasn't able to finish my workout. I started feeling really queasy and dizzy, and that feeling lasted most of the night. :( I hate starting from scratch at the gym. I miss beast mode! I'm going to try again tonight and see if I have better luck. 

I may work from home tomorrow afternoon. I haven't decided yet. I really need to get a ton of laundry done, but I can't justify staying home the whole day or taking vacation days to do it. I think tomorrow will be dead at work too because most of my co-workers will be gone and almost all of the libraries will be closed. Hmmmm... decisions, decisions.

I'm on the hunt for a pumpkin spice/chai tea as well. I had some from David's Tea a few months ago that was fantastic, but I don't want to pay $15 for a full tin of it. I tried Celestial Seasoning's Sweet Harvest Pumpkin tea, but it takes like liquid pumpkin pie and is waaaaay too sweet for me. Any recommendations?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I was home all afternoon yesterday getting DirecTV installed, so I'm back at work early today, and will be here late tonight, because we have a basketball doubleheader, UGH. FI is taking Violet to the vet this morning because she has two bad hot spots - one on her cheek and one on her hip, that she will NOT stop scratching. I'm afraid she's going to need a cone of shame. 

We were supposed to drive to Boston tomorrow and then up to Maine on Thursday for Thanksgiving, but we're getting hit with a really bad storm - the part of Massachusetts we're driving through is supposed to get 1-2 inches AN HOUR during the time we'd be driving through. (Because we both have to work tomorrow till early afternoon.) I, for one, would rather not risk my life driving through the mountains, but FI's mom seems to think that it's fine, because where we're going in Maine isn't supposed to get that much. #sideeye

I honestly wouldn't be upset if we stayed and just had a nice Thanksgiving with the two of us and the pets. I also HAVE to be back for Saturday because of work, so we can't get stuck anywhere. I'll keep an eye on the weather today & see what we're going to do. UGH. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @Dignity100 - Did they give you a timeline up front on how long it would take for the pics?

@Swazzle - I know it totally sucks, but I think you're doing the right thing. Most short sales take about 90 days to get approved, so the sellers are screwed. I would hope you could sue them for something. But then that would probably cost you more money. Ugh what a shitty position to be in!

We're having crazy weather today too. There's a tornado warning now. We haven't even begun to pack for our trip to MIL's this week. There's so much crap to do, so little time.

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    @swazzle That is ridiculous!  Hopefully you can get a lot of that money back, and find something better soon!

@eilis1228  I like the Twinings Pumpkin Spice Chai.  It is more spiced than sweet; at least I think so and I'm a sugar-holic.  
  • @Southernpeach89 - glad you're feeling better!!

@ourladyofpotato - Sorry about the long shift, hopefully it goes quickly!!  Nothing wrong with watching TLC reruns :o)

@Swazzle - I'm so sorry the guy was a dickweed and cost you so much money!!  Since he was at fault and didn't manage his property correctly, maybe you can hold him responsible; but if he's in foreclosure I'm not sure he will have any $$ to give you.  I hope you find something much much nicer for less money!  <<Hugs>>

@Speakeasy14 - MMM sugar!  That's all I've wanted to eat lately, so I'm a little jealous of your non-healthy potluck.

@LaPeanut1018 - Changing your name stuff?  It's a royal pain in the butt, I've given up (and barely even started).  

@eilis1228 - I hate starting at the gym too all over, I always feel so weak and have that 'I used to be able to do X with no problem' moment... it takes a long time to get to the 'I'll get back to where I was'.

@GoldenPenguin - Loki just got done with the cone of shame - he wore the 'comfy cone' - I tried the boobooloon on him but he outsmarted it.  Depending on how Violet is, maybe something like one of those would work for her?

@Ollie08 - They said 4-6 weeks, so Next week we're reaching the 6 week mark.  I know they had the busiest October they've had in a LONG time.  Pretty much every time slot at the popular venues were booked plus there were more weddings in the world showcase than normal.  Hope your crazy weather goes away!

Anniversary
  • Thanks everyone <3 

@southernpeach89 - DING DING DING! You win! That's my favorite movie :)

• @Dignity100 - I'll remember that, thank you! I'm waiting to hear from FI about what the vet says. Vi probably won't try to outsmart it - she'll probably just look super extra pathetic if she has to wear one, haha. (I'll be sure to post pictures, because there's no way I won't take any. I'm such a mean mom.)

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin - I would NEVER take an embarrassing picture of Loki while he was in the cone... nope that's TOTALLY not Loki in his comfy cone attached to this post....

Anniversary
  • HAHAHAHAHA!! At least he still looks happy! 

I mean, this is how pathetic Vi looks on a normal day, can you imagine how sad she's going to look in a cone of SHAME!?

• @swazzle, I'm so sorry about the house.  That's so awful.

I've got work and then I'm going home to pack.  Our flight for Boston leaves at 6am tomorrow, and I'm praying that it doesn't get cancelled. 

And yeah... I just wanna get through the day. 
  • @Dignity100 - That sucks about your fence! Last week was terrible high winds here, and there are still sections of fence missing all over my neighborhood. All the fences are weak because all the rain rots the wood quickly.

@Swazzle - I'm so bummed about your house. But shit yea, fuck those fucking fucks! Short sales are bullshit any way, and I'm sorry you had to go through it. It probably is a relief to feel free of it all though..... Also just watched Steel Magnolias after y'all talked about watching it. Totally bawled, again.

@GoldenPenguin - Do you work at a school or something? I honestly don't know this, haha. Just wondering how basketball ties in.

-------------------

I ran another 4.5 miles this morning, and the weather was PERFECT! I was actually too warm to wear my gloves the whole time. Considering how cold it was before my trip, this has been a lovely change. The run woke me up, so I didn't need caffeine and am getting all sugared up with a Starbucks Caramel Apple Spice. YUMMMMM. I think I had 3 mugs of hot apple cider last night. I'm on a cider kick.

Good news! We finally got the holidays figured out last night! He is coming with me for Thanksgiving, then we are doing Christmas/Eve with his family, and visiting mine in the days after. Then next year, we will switch! He said it's impossible for him to think about spending Christmas without his family, and I told him it's the same for me, but we're a team now. So I let him have it this year. :) He is also going to take off the friday after new years from work, so I'm trying to find somewhere romantic to take him for the weekend.

I'm trying to decide if there is time to make Apple Pie Moonshine tonight. I know my sister will kill me if I don't bring some home with me.

• @AlPacina - I do! I work in college athletics :) I do sports information, which means that I am at every athletic event we have, doing stats, writing post-game stories, updating the website, etc. That's why every weekend I'm like "I have to work this hockey/basketball/football/lacrosse/etc/etc/etc game." 

• @swazzle, I'm so sorry about everything house-related. I hope the next house is better yet and that you get some of the money back!

I have about 2 feet of a 6-foot scarf finished. And a hat. And today I'll have time to work on the databases I started in August and haven't touched since then.

Can't think of anything else right now. As I keep working on the commissions, FI's going to work on the house.
  • I'm exhausted today. Five weeks straight of a period blows.
    Work is stressing me out, but i only have to work tomorrow yet. So I'm trying not too let it get to me.

C and the kids are going up to his mom's tomorrow after work. I'll be staying in town and heading over to my grand units on Thursday.

Then I'll br prepping for my road trip to see @Ollie08‌ next weekend!!

• @irishdreamer 5 weeks straight!?! holy cow, how are you functioning!?
  • @swazzle That seller is a FUCKFACE. What a fucker. UUUUGH. I'm glad that you made a decision to kill the deal, though. You're freeeeeeeeee.

@goldenpenguin @loves2shop4shoes I am not looking forward to this shit weather we're going to have. Like ... just no. Why is it going to be so bad in Boston, of all places?!

Today, I'm relaxing, cleaning, doing some food shopping, and trying to make another appointment for birdo. Tumor is getting worse, and while it'll cost thousands of dollars, we want to see if surgery is a possibility. Parakeet life expectancy is 10-12 years and he's barely 6 and a half.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @phira, healthy vibes for birdo.
  • @phira lots of healthy vibes for birdo! 

@eilis1228 yay!!! Please share some of that water!

I'm not looking forward to the forecast either.  We're supposed to be driving up to Albany.  And I am in a sugar coma from our potluck treats.  

• @speakeasy14 - I loved your post because you're supposed to be coming to close to where I liveeeeee.

• @Swazzle - I'm really really really sorry this happened to you.  ALL the good housing vibes coming your way.

All NEYrs on East Coast (or going there)...fingers crossed you all get where you need to go and stay safe.

-------------------------------------------

I'm really tired...been at work since 5:30 trying to get everything done before the holidays.  I need to get through about 200+ more pages of documents today, have meeting lined up all of tomorrow morning and I just need a nap. 

• I don't think we're going to end up going anywhere. This is the latest from the National Weather Service here.

• Yuck! Anyone in the northeast traveling be careful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards