Plus-Sized

Post wedding BRAG (Pics included)

I am so happy with our preview pictures. Our photographer did (in my opinion) an amazing job making me look skinny in photos!!!! So impressed and can't wait to share the rest when I get them!

Re: Post wedding BRAG (Pics included)

• You look gorgeous. Thanks for sharing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You looked beautiful!!
  • You look great!! 

I'm also waiting on my pictures too!

Anniversary
  • Thank you so much! I hope I don't have to wait too long for mine. I'm getting SO ANXIOUS!
  • You look AMAZING
  • Thank you so much, loveislouder! :)
  • You look beautiful! Your photographer did a great job!

Question for you... did you specifically ask your photographer to make you look thinner in your pictures? Specific poses and such that would make you look your best... or did you just let them do what they do and hope for the best?

I'm getting married in a month and am wondering if I should have a convo with my photographer about this beforehand. Thanks a bunch!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • You look beautiful! Your photographer did a great job!

Question for you... did you specifically ask your photographer to make you look thinner in your pictures? Specific poses and such that would make you look your best... or did you just let them do what they do and hope for the best?

I'm getting married in a month and am wondering if I should have a convo with my photographer about this beforehand. Thanks a bunch!
    I think you should just let your photographer know - I know half way through my wedding I told my photographer that I really didn't like my arms and he laughed and said 'and now you tell me??' - still waiting on my pictures though.

Anniversary
  • TELL. YOUR. PHOTOGRAPHER.

I'm also a wedding planner on the side of my normal 9-5 and I always tell brides to be up front with your photographer, BEFORE YOU EVEN MEET THEM. Ask for pictures they've taken of plus size brides. I had my husbands cousin do our engagements because they gave us an awesome price and our pictures horrified me! I looked like a cow next to me 6'2, 200 lb hunk of a husband. Not to mention the editing really wasn't all that great. I was super disappointed.

• I didn't even answer your question there... Sorry! My ADD was kicking in. I didn't have to talk to her about specific poses at all. All I told her was that I didn't want to look plus-sized in my photos. I wanted to feel beautifully curvy, but not with all ym fat on my arms jiggling, double chin all peeking out and stuff. I did tell her during our pictures, make sure I don't have a double chin. Just to remind her! I should be getting more photos this week after Thanksgiving, I can't wait to share!
  • Thanks so much for the suggestion. When we met with our photographer (before booking her), I asked to see a variety of pictures of different sized and styles of brides, and one of the reasons I chose her is because she made them all look super pretty... so I know my photographer can do it. I just didn't know if I should explicitly mention it again before the wedding, but now I definitely will. (omg! wedding in a month!).

Thanks again!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Congratulations! I'm excited for you! I talked to my photog today and I'll be getting our photos this week!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards