African American Weddings

Will you be jumping the broom?

I've been going back and forth with this? at times I want to but I always think about the what if's... what if Itrip and fall or What if I jump land and a boob pops out. so many things can go wrong lol... are you or are you not and what are your reasons? 

Re: Will you be jumping the broom?

• Not jumping the broom.. its just not my thing so we wont be doing it.

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Yes maam... id just like to have some kind of tradition of our ancestors included in the big day! And if a boob pops out o well lol...jk i wouldnt jump to high or hard maybe like a lil skip over the broom lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• sidenote.. i think if a boob falls out thats an added bonus and it gives the groom a little preview of what is going to come later..lol

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • lmaooooooooo Dear old uncle Sam will get a boner and have a heart attack at the same time lol
  • On that note we need to put him in the back wayyyyy in the back lol

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• LOL @ Boob popping out! Yes, we're jumping the broom!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vawnnie please report directly to the corner. 

{{stagewhisper}} ahem, double-sided fabric tape.    that is all.

don't let the risk of looking like an idiot stop you from doing something you wanna do, it's all part of the day's charm.   boobs, balance, whatever, the only time people really talk is when you're stinking ass drunk and that's only if they weren't drunk enough.   live, chile.

• Boob pop'n? Sure, why not. Go for it!

We're not jumping any brooms. It's not a tradition either of our families follow. Now, playing a group line dance (Wobble baby wobble baby wobble baby) -- that'll happen.

Sunday, May 18, 2014 - Baltimore, Maryland

"Each time you love, love as deeply as if it were forever" - Audre Lorde

• LMAO...@minsu5...line dances!!! Wobble for the youngin' and the Electric Slide for the yester' years, with a splash of Chi Chi slide or the Mississippi Slide in between. Dammit now I need a 2nd dress that's short...

Oh and yes we're jumping the broom.
  • its the one thing we do agree on whole heartily 
    no jumping the broom

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whew!  I thought I was the only one.  I think All of my family's weddings have included the jumping of the broom.  I have extremely strong anti-broom feelings, so I was preparing for a bit of a fight on this. 
  • We are both stoked to jump the broom. The biggest obstacle is finding one.
  • We are definitely jumping the broom. Just have to find where to purchase or make a beautiful one. I do not want it to look like a Halloween witches broom.
  • Definitely jumping the broom. We are also tasting the elements and doing a short libation ceremony :)
  • Try www.etsy.com there are a few people on there who make brooms.
  • Thanks Cstow06.  I found two vendors that I like on etsy.com for brooms.
  • We are, but my fiance is white so when the time comes we're probably going to have to explain to some of his family why the hell there is a decorated broom on the ground and what the hell we're jumping over it for. 

We talked about having a brief spiel on the significance of it before we do it, but we don't want to bore anyone.

• We are, but my fiance is white so when the time comes we're probably going to have to explain to some of his family why the hell there is a decorated broom on the ground and what the hell we're jumping over it for. 

We talked about having a brief spiel on the significance of it before we do it, but we don't want to bore anyone.
    ^^ Lol.  Cute.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards