Not Engaged Yet

Post-Thanksgiving Chat?

Good morning to anyone else who's working today! 

My Thanksgiving was lovely. I got up early to get the turkey into the crockpot then went back to bed. H and I watched Homeland from Sunday (OMG SO GOOD) and then it was time to really get to work. All of my dishes turned out so delicious except for the stuffing. It was so soggy and mushy we had to throw it out :( 

H's brother and SIL came over with our nephew for a little bit and it was great to see them. The baby is so cute I can't even stand it! 

My Eagles dominated the Cowboys which just solidified what an awesome day it was! 

After work today, I have a hair appointment and need to get a manicure. H and I have a Devils game tonight. 

Tomorrow, I'm thinking of having a lazy day. H will be at work and my family is still out of town so it'll just be me and the pups. Maybe I'll suggest a movie date for tomorrow night. Sunday I'm going to brunch with my BFF in the city. I got the deal through Gilt and it's at a wine bar and the food is supposed to be great so I'm really looking forward to it!

Re: Post-Thanksgiving Chat?

• Good morning! I'm at work...because we had Thanksgiving a month ago.

FI and I got back from Florida really late Wednesday and I was back at work yesterday. It was probably a good thing that you were all busy eating turkey, because I needed to be super productive yesterday lol

Tonight FI and I are ordering pizza and snuggling and looking at house listings our realtor sent us yesterday. I've already taken a quick look at them...and don't think I like any of them :(

Tomorrow my sister and I are supposed to be going to look at BM dresses (I've been such a slacker about their dresses, fml) and then FI and I are going to the Leafs game.

@Swazzle - Oh my fucking fuck Homeland. It needs to be Monday NOW so that we can download Sunday's episode and see what happens. I can't take the waiting!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Good morning. I'm working from home today which is nice.  I only have to work until 2, so I won't complain.  H is doing some stuff around the house today, he is refinishing some of the wood in the stairs up to the kitchen. 

Thanksgiving was really good.  I love being able to use all of the linens and my new china set that I got from the wedding.  It was so fancy.  It made me irrationally excited.  Later on that evening we went to spend time with H's family.  Atlantic City was a lot of fun too, no big winning for me or H, but we had a really nice suite and got to spend some time with his family.  MIL looked kind of disappointed I was drinking while in AC. I think they were all hoping I'd be KU by now.  

I think the only plans we have this weekend are to see Mockingjay.  We talked about shopping and pricing out a king sized mattress too. 

Anniversary

• @lmcooper86 - That scene with Saul when he wouldn't get up? OH MY GOD. I was like weeping. So freaking emotional. This season is SO GOOD. Do you have an idea of what kind of dresses you want them to wear? What color?

@peaseblossom55 - I'm only working until 2 also! Except I had to come into the office which sucks. I hope you like Mockingjay! I can't wait to hear what you think. 

• I'm just going to brag that I'm not working today. H is though. :( To make up for it I'm blasting Christmas music and pulling out all my holiday decor. I already hit up the grocery store to buy a couple turkeys at 69 cents a pound so H and I can experiment with frying and smoking turkeys this winter. Anyway...back to Christmas music!

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2014
    I'm working today. Boo. Thanksgiving was fun. My mom was on a business trip in Germany, which was sad, but FI and I went to my parents' house anyway for lunch to see my dad and brother (who is home from college.) My dad bought one of those old school atari games with a joystick (pong, killing the aliens, etc)-- FI never plays video games, but he seemed to have fun with this one.

Then we went to FI's parents' house. Lots of people there. His aunt and uncle, aunt's sister and daughter, cousin and husband, cousin, and brother and girlfriend were all there. Plus his sister and parents. It was really good to see everyone, and FI and I were very unexpectedly given two engagement gifts-- a very pretty vase and a really nice picture frame. Both were off of our registry, and items I really wanted... I was touched!

Everything was great, except FI's parents got into a fight with FI's uncle and aunt over something that happened 6 months ago (adult cousin wasn't invited to a graduation/ lunch, was a mistake.) I didn't realize it was happening at first. I thought they were just being loud and exuberant, which is normal for them. But they were loud and yelling. It was a little awkward, and I know FI's Mom was upset.
  • Yesterday we went to BF's grandma's house.  She at the point where she doesn't want to do a ton of work on it but gets m/l guilted into it by her kids.  She brought home an extra chicken pot pie from her church's supper and cooked that.  Everybody who came brought a side or a dessert and BFs mom helped a lot with the other prep and cleanup so I guess it wasn't too bad on grandma.  Foodwise I was mostly good.  I got small servings of everything so I was able to be satisfied without going overboard and feeling miserable.  My weakness was the Chex Mix, though.  It's too convenient to grab a handful at a time :(  My Seahawks beat my BFF's BF's 49ers last night after taking down BF's dad's Cardinals on Sunday.  It's been a good week in football for me ;)

I have another Thanksgiving today at my brother and his fiance's house.  I made my grandma's awesome baked beans recipe and a german chocolate cake.  I'm probably going to end up spending the night and working on my BM bouquet tonight or tomorrow after the party settles down.  I don't get enough hang-out time with my brother or his FI.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • I'm working...on some dissertation research before Nutcracker rehearsal this afternoon.  

Thanksgiving was great...my Mom and I put the whole meal together ourselves, and we didn't have any major disasters...and she made the best sweet potatoes I've ever tasted in my life.  Then after lunch I came home and drank wine and watched Love Actually and decorated for Christmas.  The only thing I didn't do was a tree...I don't usually put one up, because we always have one at my parents' house.  But I promised Mr. Historian that if he finds a new job and comes home before Christmas the first thing we're doing is putting up a tree. :-)

This weekend is full of Nutcracker...tech rehearsal today, 2 dress rehearsals tomorrow, and performance on Sunday.  And today is also full of me trying to avoid the Black Friday sale on Modcloth...I've already ordered 2 dresses and a pair of shoes, and I need to stop.  But...surely there's just one more thing I need... 
  • Wave of sadness just hit me. I don't want to be at work. I want to be home. With FI. Or my mom.... who is in Germany.

Stupid painters are in, and are clearly making me more dramatic.
  • I am not working today.

But I don't work on fridays so - thats not really new. 

We hosted for the first time yesterday - 13 people total. Everyone pitched in a little bit and it made everything go soooooooooo smoothly! The breast meat was slightly dry - I should have taken it out when I wanted to, but I listened to my cousin who told me to leave it in longer. . . . . should have trusted my gut!! 

Fi (eeee!) got up early this morning to take my dad to the airport because I "did enough yesterday - you should sleep in" - He's pretty great. He also stopped and got some nice fresh white bread so I could make turkey sandwiches for lunch. They were fantastic.

I went to the gym this morning - and let me tell you - it was NOT easy keeping myself motivated.

Tonight I have my 10 yr HS reunion, then tomorrow Fi and I are going to a friends birthday at a brewery downtown - we have reservations for dinner an hour before we are supposed to meet everyone, then I have to work at the animal clinic on sunday . . . .So I have a pretty full weekend. I am doing to do laundry now, and relax until I get ready for the reunion. 
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I'm glad you all had nice Thanksgivings!

@Peaseblossom55 - FMIL bought our china this weekend and I can't wait to be able to use it next year! We went to Macy's because she wanted to see the pattern in person (it's photographs a slightly different colour) and then ended up buying it (all 12 place settings, with the soup bowls free) for about 1/3 of what it would have cost to buy at home. Absolutely crazy lol

@Swazzle - I was so tense through the whole spisode! FBIL was trying to talk to us right around that time and got annoyed when we asked him to wait a minute. THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS HERE! This season has been fantastic, I'm loving it and am very anxious for next week! As for BMs, my thoughts are long and purple (sort of a dark lavender colour). The roadblock I'm hitting is the budget, so I'm trying to do some hunting online.

@LaPeanut1018 - Lucky ducky! We put up our office Christmas tree today and there's just the right amount of Christmas music on the radio, so I'm pleased.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Hope everybody had a good thanksgiving!!

@Swazzle - hope you have fun at the Devils game tonight!

@Imcooper86 - Have fun BM dress shopping!!!

@Peaseblossom55 - Hope you like mockingjay!  I'm still trying to decide to see it in theater or wait for the blu ray!!

@lilacck28 - Sorry, you'll be home soon enough!

I'm off work today - I took a shower and put a clean pair of jammies on :o) .

We're doing nothing today - just watching amazon deals. I also am going though WEDDING PICTURES!!!!  I'll post some as soon as I figure out my favorites... some of them I love, some are ok and some I'm not a fan of at all.

Tomorrow I think we'll finally make it to see Big Hero 6.

Sunday we'll watch the Browns play - mostly looking forward to a lazy weekend.

Anniversary
  • @Dignity100 - Thanks...I'm actually feeling a bit overwhelmed, I'm having trouble finding a colour that I like with a designer/store that's in their budget and time is ticking!!

@futuremrshistorian - I LOVE that first dress...if it came in a lighter colour I would be all over that! I didn't think to try modcloth, I will have to do some  browsing :)

General question: I am more than happy to make up the difference if I find the right colour from a designer that's over their budget. I don't want any of my BMs to feel that they have to pay more than they said they're comfortable with, but I don't know how to express that without it sounding like their budget isn't good enough. Any thoughts?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 Nice what patterns did you choose? We have the Waterford Ballet Ribbon set I love it so much.  We got some of the sets for my bridal shower, and the rest of the place settings and china were purchased for us by my IL's.

I'm looking forward to Mockingjay so much.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55 - We looked at that one too early on, I like that it's got detail without being overly girly. We got the Monique Lhuillier Etoile. It photographs sort of beige, but the rims are all pearly white, SO pretty!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86 I just googled it and wow that is so pretty!!!!!!!!!

Anniversary

• @Imcooper86 - I think just tell the girls to look at the dresses and that if there's a dress that's slightly over budget that you're willing to help out.

Anniversary
  • @futuremrshistorian @lmcooper86 So, I'm beyond relieved that there's nothing on Modcloth right now that's on sale or in stock that I want. Although I've taken advantage of Black Friday sales to get new underwear and bras from Victoria's Secret (I'm down to three bras; two are push-up bras and one has lace so I can't wear it under T-shirts), and to get J his Christmas present (new briefcase for work).

I did not work today (university is closed till Monday, so I'm still on married vacation). I'm feeling overtired, so I slept super late, and then J and I did some financial housekeeping and cashed our wedding checks. He is currently planning our Chicago trip, and I'm ... supposed to be cleaning, but I'm being lazy for the time being.

I really want it to be Monday night already. I'll be done grading quizzes, I'll have had my Monday appointments, I'll be done with work, I'll (hopefully) have had a chance to get to City Hall to get a copy of our marriage certificate, and I'll be able to come home and watch OUAT.

Our Thanksgiving was all right. We woke up in the morning to learn that J's aunt and uncle had lost power. They live a couple hours away and were supposed to host, so they had almost all the food. We ended up all going to another aunt and uncle's house close by, and the other aunt and uncle cooked the food at another relative's house and drove it aaaall the way into the city. It was still yummy, though.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @Peaseblossom55 - Thanks! I really love it, and there are some nice serving pieces too. I can't wait to have a table full of it for Thanksgiving or Christmas :)

@Dignity100 - That was my thought. I am probably over thinking this. I'm just feeling frazzled about BM dresses because we really need to order them so I REALLY need to settle on a designer and colour. I know I brought this on myself, I'm just feeling a bit stressed about it.

@phira - I routinely forget about Modcloth, which is damn good because their stuff is super cute lol

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @peaseblossom55 I hope you like Mockingjay! I have been wanting to go see it and promised my brother I would wait until his next day off, which isn't until next week.

@futuremrshistorian whyyyyy did you have to tell me ModCloth is having a sale? (Not that everyone and their mother isn't having a sale today, lol.) I have been awesome at avoiding unnecessary purchases lately but that is tempting!

@Phira, wow, poor J's aunt and uncle, that must have been stressful! Glad the food was still yummy!

Thanksgiving was OK after I got all the food cooked. It was just my parents and brothers and me, so not too many people to cook for, but it was my first time doing the majority of the cooking. Just too many cranky people in my face at once while I was already trying to coordinate six things at once. BUT, all the food came out really well (except the pumpkin pies, which got a little too crispy, but I don't even like pumpkin pie so :), and once I could relax after dinner life was good. Some wine and cannoli cake helped. ;)

Today I (mostly) succeeded in avoiding leftovers and Black Friday sales, so that was a win. I went to visit a friend and we did a workout DVD and made some lunch. After I got home I vegged on the couch and watched What Not To Wear. I miss that show and wish someone had nominated me before it ended; $5000 for new clothes would be incredibly useful right about now.

• @Imcooper86 - I went shopping at 4 months out for our BM dresses.  When I got to the store, the lady told me which designers I could get in time which would not require a rush fee and also which designers were more reasonable on their rush fee - there were also some designers that were just completely out.  Just be open with the shop(s) you go to and I'm sure they'll be willing to work with you.  We ended up with an Alfred Angelo dress, they said we didn't need the rush fee but it came in and we only had 1 1/2 weeks to get the dress altered, the rush fee would have only been $15 (only 1 dress) and I wish we would have done that!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards