Help! Extremely low budget

2»

Re: Help! Extremely low budget

• Options
    KikiMiraKikiMira member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2014
    31315 said:
    I dont understand why anyone would say you shouldn't have asked your dad for help. I have been financially independent for a long time, but as part of being a parent, when you have a daughter you should expect to help out with a wedding one day. I understand times a tough bla bla, but the wedding is the last time your parents are supposed to pay for anything, because your husband is taking care of you after you get married. I mean I know a lot of people are not so traditional anymore, personally I was  hinting to my dad several times about helping out but he wanted me to ask him straight up so I finally did. He is paying for most of it now he just wanted a number. I felt bad because I wasn't sure if that was ok, but he wasn't there for most of my life. My mom raised and paid for me, so this was the least he could do. I wasn't going to have him walk me down the aisle if he didn't contribute. Your parents chose to have you so why not help you out on your special day? Even if its just with invitations or flowers or a photographer. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking your dad. But he probably wants you to ask straight up instead of hinting. You have to remember men do not think like us. Most of the time they don't understand hints. 
    It is absolutely not ok to expect him to pay anything, and than if he can not afford to pay he doesn't get to walk you down the isle. This is BS, clearly you should have been raised in the 1940s. 

Times have changed and I hope to god you can afford your wedding without anyone making contributes towards it. If you can't, you probably shouldn't be getting married. Miss Knottie numbers you are about to hit a huge wall of reality with a rough fall when you realize your husband is not going to take care of you. How were you not raised to be an independent women?

Ugh! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    31315 said:
    I dont understand why anyone would say you shouldn't have asked your dad for help. I have been financially independent for a long time, but as part of being a parent, when you have a daughter you should expect to help out with a wedding one day. I understand times a tough bla bla, but the wedding is the last time your parents are supposed to pay for anything, because your husband is taking care of you after you get married. I mean I know a lot of people are not so traditional anymore, personally I was  hinting to my dad several times about helping out but he wanted me to ask him straight up so I finally did. He is paying for most of it now he just wanted a number. I felt bad because I wasn't sure if that was ok, but he wasn't there for most of my life. My mom raised and paid for me, so this was the least he could do. I wasn't going to have him walk me down the aisle if he didn't contribute. Your parents chose to have you so why not help you out on your special day? Even if its just with invitations or flowers or a photographer. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with asking your dad. But he probably wants you to ask straight up instead of hinting. You have to remember men do not think like us. Most of the time they don't understand hints. 
    Please, please don't procreate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Everyone, the comment about not allowing her dad to walk her down the aisle if he didn't pay was NOT posted by the OP! It was posted by @31315 and the OP is @Knottie24721711 please do not confuse these two members, they are not the same. 

I want to remind everyone of our terms of service. It is perfectly OK to disagree with other members, but please do so respectfully and without personal attacks. I don't know if @31315 will be back, but the point has been made- if we could please get this back on topic to @Knottie24721711's original questions that would be great. 

Thanks
  • Options
    SBmini said:
    Everyone, the comment about not allowing her dad to walk her down the aisle if he didn't pay was NOT posted by the OP! It was posted by @31315 and the OP is @Knottie24721711 please do not confuse these two members, they are not the same. 

I want to remind everyone of our terms of service. It is perfectly OK to disagree with other members, but please do so respectfully and without personal attacks. I don't know if @31315 will be back, but the point has been made- if we could please get this back on topic to @Knottie24721711's original questions that would be great. 

Thanks

There was never any confusion between the two knottie###s. I mistakenly said "OP" but quoted. So it was pretty clear who I was referring to. None of the other posters who commented had any issues seperating the two.

Either way, I assume your little reminder was directed at me, so if you wanted to call me out @SBmini tag me. Is it safe to assume you are the one who reported me?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:
    SBmini said:

Thanks

There was never any confusion between the two knottie###s. I mistakenly said "OP" but quoted. So it was pretty clear who I was referring to. None of the other posters who commented had any issues seperating the two.

Either way, I assume your little reminder was directed at me, so if you wanted to call me out @SBmini tag me. Is it safe to assume you are the one who reported me?

This was not directed at you, nor did I report you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards