Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wording on wedding website regarding hotels?

I'm trying to find the right wording to explain to our guests the hotel options for our wedding. A few things to note: we didn't block out rooms because we have a fairly small number of OOT guests, and there are TONS of hotel options that vary by price, ratings, etc. All the ones we recommended are about 12-14 miles from the venue, because the hotels that are closer to the venue (6-10 miles) are realllllllly sketchy and are located right off the highway with almost nothing around them. The ones we recommended are right next to a huge shopping/restaurant area so we feel the guests would appreciate that more anyway. Here's what I have on the wedding website so far:

"We've listed several options for lodging in (our town). We did not block out rooms given the large amount of lodging options available, so feel free to book a room where you feel most comfortable. The hotels we've listed are approximately 12-14 miles from the wedding venue, and are located in close proximity to many shops and restaurants in (our town)."

Then below that I'll list the 3 options we plan to recommend. Thoughts? Better wording ideas?
Anniversary

Re: Wording on wedding website regarding hotels?

• I think it sounds fine. Don't overthink it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake; it's clear and explains everything they need to know, so it's good. Don't worry too much about it. This is something that's so easy for people to research on their own anyway, so the info you've given is plenty.
  • What you have sounds good. :) Don't overthink it.

You've probably already thought of this, but I'd create a link to the hotel's website from the hotel name (or paste the link next to it). It'll save them some keystrokes.

• What you have sounds good. :) Don't overthink it.

You've probably already thought of this, but I'd create a link to the hotel's website from the hotel name (or paste the link next to it). It'll save them some keystrokes.

Yup totally did that. Great minds ;)
    Anniversary

• Sounds fine to me. I don't think you have to specify whether or not you blocked the rooms (to me not specifying a room block implies that there is not one and they can always ask you). I think it's always great to offer some suggested hotel options and then leave it up to your guests where they decide to stay. Some people will be happy that you did the leg work for them and will just book one of the hotels and others may want to pick something for themselves. 
  • I would add one more sentence saying "While there are closer hotels to the venue location, they're not hotels we would recommend". Otherwise you may have people just booking the closer ones thinking they're smarter than you, then getting there and realizing they're sketchy!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards