Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

How to pick a photographer

Hello, We are getting married in Costa Rica in April and are looking at potential wedding photographers. Aside from the obvious of price, availability etc, Any tips on choosing a photographer? There are a few in the same price range and they all have wonderful photos. Pictures to me are the biggest thing so I want to make sure I have an awesome photographer!

Re: How to pick a photographer

• Options
    I only contacted one photographer for each of my weddings and they happened to be the ones for me. However, I think if all other things are equal, you can usually get a vibe off of how they respond to your e-mails. When I contacted my DW phorographer, her personality was obvious in her communication- very fun, excited about her work, but also still professional. We just seemed to click over e-mail and that put my mind at ease.  

• Options
    If they all have awesome photos and pricing is similar, I'd go with the one you get the best chemistry with from normal communication via phone or email.

I booked the first photographer I contacted, but it was clear from our interactions that we'll get along really well, and one phone call lead to discovering a bunch of mutual interests that FI and I share with the photographer and his wife, so all of our personalities mesh really well, and they're really excited about our wedding! Plus, because we all have a bunch of similar interests, they offered up some ideas about photo locations that FI and I couldn't have known about, since we're not local. Like Jells said, we just clicked. 

(Granted, I still have 5.5 months to go before my wedding, but I think it'll go just splendidly.)
  • Options
    I asked our venue to recommend photographers and then we Skyped with the one we ended up choosing. It was a good way to get a vibe from him and chat for a while, and then on our wedding day everyone felt very at ease.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards