• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Destination Weddings

How to pick a photographer

Hello, We are getting married in Costa Rica in April and are looking at potential wedding photographers. Aside from the obvious of price, availability etc, Any tips on choosing a photographer? There are a few in the same price range and they all have wonderful photos. Pictures to me are the biggest thing so I want to make sure I have an awesome photographer!

Re: How to pick a photographer

• I only contacted one photographer for each of my weddings and they happened to be the ones for me. However, I think if all other things are equal, you can usually get a vibe off of how they respond to your e-mails. When I contacted my DW phorographer, her personality was obvious in her communication- very fun, excited about her work, but also still professional. We just seemed to click over e-mail and that put my mind at ease.  

• esstee33esstee33 Pittsburgh member
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    If they all have awesome photos and pricing is similar, I'd go with the one you get the best chemistry with from normal communication via phone or email.

I booked the first photographer I contacted, but it was clear from our interactions that we'll get along really well, and one phone call lead to discovering a bunch of mutual interests that FI and I share with the photographer and his wife, so all of our personalities mesh really well, and they're really excited about our wedding! Plus, because we all have a bunch of similar interests, they offered up some ideas about photo locations that FI and I couldn't have known about, since we're not local. Like Jells said, we just clicked. 

(Granted, I still have 5.5 months to go before my wedding, but I think it'll go just splendidly.)
  • I asked our venue to recommend photographers and then we Skyped with the one we ended up choosing. It was a good way to get a vibe from him and chat for a while, and then on our wedding day everyone felt very at ease.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards