Chit Chat

Sims players in the hizzouse

Re: Sims players in the hizzouse

• peachy13 said:
    I played 1 and 2 with some expansion packs (living large, college) but now play 3 every now and then... honestly maybe once, twice a year. It's usually when my FI is away for the weekend or something and I get bored. I don't want to embarrass myself too hard if he ever saw the family I created with his last name before he proposed.   [cringe/awkward face]
    Hahahahahaha yes!
  • MegEn1 said:

beethery said:
    I have sims 3, haven't played it in mooooonnnths. I've tried to play but my iMac doesn't really want to run it very well. I have most of the EPs and some of the stuff packs. I want to reinstall but I can't find my booklets with the registration numbers :((((((((((

ESO has been my jam since beta and I've been all over that... except I just started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday and I am having a hard time putting it down even though I am truly awful at it.
    Yaaaas gurl. I want to get that. I just got Late Night for TS3!
    beethery said:
    larrygaga said:
    EA is well known for being a scumbag company. They are only in it for money, and people buy their stuff anyway (me). A good example is that they took out toddlers and pools in the Sims 4 base game and put it into an expansion, two things that have been freely available throughout the series. They rarely fix glitches in their sports games and other games. They don't give a shit about us, because we buy it anyway!!!! 

that's why I buy them on steam for so cheap, so at least I'm giving them 5 bucks instead of 20 for each EP
    @raissyrais all that above. EA does not give one tiny fuck about their customers. Look up the SimCity 4 disaster (click), I have no idea if it's gotten any better but that made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that they do not give a shit as long as they have their money.

I don't think they'll be bothered with a 4 for mac. I had 2 for PC and it was fine, but after reading the shit that mac users had to deal with (most of the 2 EP's didn't even get made for macs after TONS of promises and delays and all kinds of shit), I just waited for 3 to come out because it wasn't worth bothering with 2 for my mac.

@larrygaga I am atrocious at video games, but I play them anyway. I have played maybe 4 hours of DA:I and I really like it. There is a LOOOOOOT for me to get used to so far. I'm used to playing Skyrim on a PS3, where I just control one character and run around doing whatever. With DA:I there's a whole big party to control/take care of/acquire things for, so I'm dealing with party management in addition to a different battle style.

It is VERY cool, and there's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to do in the game, so I know I'm in it for the long haul. Eventually I'll be awesome at it, just taking a while now lol
    Yup, EA is a bunch of fuckers. I will never buy their games full price but I do love them so.
    If you need proof that EA gives zero shits, just look at Assassin's Creed and those fiascos. I hate myself for loving you, Ezio Auditore.

Edited for FACT: I got EA and Ubisoft confused. But really who can blame me?
    Oh well. All jerks!
  • MegEn1 said:
    I play 3 with Supernatural and Ambitions. I think I'm going to get Generations at some point. I got frustrated a few weeks ago when I figured out that you can't ... I don't know, bequeath funds onto a child? I'd develop these households with a nice house and wealth, but I couldn't use that wealth to give to the child to split off into his or her own life. But as of last night I am once more addicted.

Still if anyone has a work-around for my frustration I'd love to hear it.
    Could you try dicking around with the familyfunds cheat?

I just motherlode every new household until they have $500k and then I build their house with that money.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I've heard rumors that it will eventually come out for macs and that EA has released games only for pc then released the game for Mac later on.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• hellohkb said:
    I've heard rumors that it will eventually come out for macs and that EA has released games only for pc then released the game for Mac later on.
    That's how they did it with Sims 2. They'd get EP's like... 1-2 years after PC release, if at all. I think they had maybe 1/2-3/4 of the EPs out and never finished releasing them before 3 came out.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I don't understand 99% of the things EA does, but I keep buying the games. :'( 

• Sadly, my computer is so shitty that playing the sims on it is not an option anymore. It is literally only used by the kids when they fuck arou nd and watch weird videos on YouTube. I use my work laptop for everything, but probably shouldn't load a game onto it =/

I play Freeplay on my iPhone, but it's pretty boring and there aren't any cheats that are able to be used (that I know of).
  • beethery said:
    I have sims 3, haven't played it in mooooonnnths. I've tried to play but my iMac doesn't really want to run it very well. I have most of the EPs and some of the stuff packs. I want to reinstall but I can't find my booklets with the registration numbers :((((((((((

ESO has been my jam since beta and I've been all over that... except I just started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition yesterday and I am having a hard time putting it down even though I am truly awful at it.
    Yaaaas gurl. I want to get that. I just got Late Night for TS3!
    beethery said:
    larrygaga said:
    EA is well known for being a scumbag company. They are only in it for money, and people buy their stuff anyway (me). A good example is that they took out toddlers and pools in the Sims 4 base game and put it into an expansion, two things that have been freely available throughout the series. They rarely fix glitches in their sports games and other games. They don't give a shit about us, because we buy it anyway!!!! 

that's why I buy them on steam for so cheap, so at least I'm giving them 5 bucks instead of 20 for each EP
    @raissyrais all that above. EA does not give one tiny fuck about their customers. Look up the SimCity 4 disaster (click), I have no idea if it's gotten any better but that made it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that they do not give a shit as long as they have their money.

I don't think they'll be bothered with a 4 for mac. I had 2 for PC and it was fine, but after reading the shit that mac users had to deal with (most of the 2 EP's didn't even get made for macs after TONS of promises and delays and all kinds of shit), I just waited for 3 to come out because it wasn't worth bothering with 2 for my mac.

@larrygaga I am atrocious at video games, but I play them anyway. I have played maybe 4 hours of DA:I and I really like it. There is a LOOOOOOT for me to get used to so far. I'm used to playing Skyrim on a PS3, where I just control one character and run around doing whatever. With DA:I there's a whole big party to control/take care of/acquire things for, so I'm dealing with party management in addition to a different battle style.

It is VERY cool, and there's SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much to do in the game, so I know I'm in it for the long haul. Eventually I'll be awesome at it, just taking a while now lol
    Yup, EA is a bunch of fuckers. I will never buy their games full price but I do love them so.
    Ugh am so disappointed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does anyone else watch Sims LPs on youtube? Or do any of the challenges? I feel like such a loser sitting here watching xUrbanSimsx LPs of the various challenges lol

• rajahmd Probably because everyone bitched about it!!! The last I knew they would be added into an EP, but I haven't followed sims 4 much. Company is still an ass, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I used to play Sims 1-3, but I have a crappy laptop not meant for gaming, so I just play Freeplay on my iPad. I miss Sims 1-2 when the original Simlish was a thing. Shul Shul!!! Aha!!! 3 was fun, but I miss the original Simlish. I think it was 2 where they sang campfire songs in Simlish? I remember how long the expansions used to take to load. I think Sims Vacation was the worst. Lol!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I used to play Sims 1-3, but I have a crappy laptop not meant for gaming, so I just play Freeplay on my iPad. I miss Sims 1-2 when the original Simlish was a thing. Shul Shul!!! Aha!!! 3 was fun, but I miss the original Simlish. I think it was 2 where they sang campfire songs in Simlish? I remember how long the expansions used to take to load. I think Sims Vacation was the worst. Lol!
    There's no Simlish in Sims 3?!?!? I didn't even know that. Sims 2 for LIIIIIIFE!

There's no Simlish in Sims 3?!?!? I didn't even know that. Sims 2 for LIIIIIIFE!

There's definitely Simlish in TS3.

HOOBIE NOOBIE!!!!!! is my favorite.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I've played 1, 2, and 3, but at the moment I'm playing 2 with Night Life, University, and Pets. I prefer the way University was done on 2, but it does annoy me to have diagonal walls but not be able to place furniture on a diagonal.

With 3 I have Late Night and University Life. I'm waiting to buy any more expansions, in the hopes that 4 will cause a drop in demand for 3 EPs - it hasn't happened yet, but South Africa is always a little slow on the uptake.

I won't be moving over to 4 any time soon, purely because I don't have any machines that would run it.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • beethery said:
    MegEn1 said:
    I play 3 with Supernatural and Ambitions. I think I'm going to get Generations at some point. I got frustrated a few weeks ago when I figured out that you can't ... I don't know, bequeath funds onto a child? I'd develop these households with a nice house and wealth, but I couldn't use that wealth to give to the child to split off into his or her own life. But as of last night I am once more addicted.

I just motherlode every new household until they have $500k and then I build their house with that money.
    Eh, I don't want to do that though. I'm creating families, generations! I really need to buy that expansion. But I like creating a family, building them and having them save up a bunch of money for the kid. But the kid has to live at home forever until the 'rents are dead or move out to live with basically nothing in order to take advantage. Such a huge game flaw!

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • MegEn1 said:
    beethery said:
    MegEn1 said:

Eh, I don't want to do that though. I'm creating families, generations! I really need to buy that expansion. But I like creating a family, building them and having them save up a bunch of money for the kid. But the kid has to live at home forever until the 'rents are dead or move out to live with basically nothing in order to take advantage. Such a huge game flaw!
    I always put them on giant lots and put studio apartments over the garages. The houses I build are fucking rad and I spend TONS of time perfecting them so that they're functional AND cute.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• edited December 2014
    Soooo I'm off work on Christmas Eve and FI is not. I have officially decided I will spend that day playing TS2 and I am damn excited about it.

@beethery lemme get some of them houses gurrrl. 
    I like building but HATE decorating, so my houses are always super basic. 
    Anniversary

• I used to obsess over the Sims. After reading this thread, I have asked H to get me The Sims 2 (my favorite one) for PC for Christmas. You can get it for like 12 bucks on Amazon. Helloooooo having no life come the end of the month!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I once submitted this beautiful house to a website where you can download user made houses and mods. They rejected it because the roof style didn't match the house style. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:

I once submitted this beautiful house to a website where you can download user made houses and mods. They rejected it because the roof style didn't match the house style. :(

That is lame as hell. Why would they even care?
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Those houses are beutimus. My house building is not wonderful, so I buy a house and fix it the way I want.

Also, I give myself unlimited money sometimes because cheats. 
  • beethery said:
    I once submitted this beautiful house to a website where you can download user made houses and mods. They rejected it because the roof style didn't match the house style. :(
    That is lame as hell. Why would they even care?
    WTFFFFF.
  • Those houses are beutimus. My house building is not wonderful, so I buy a house and fix it the way I want.

Sometimes? I've only been able to get ONE family to stay alive without cheating on money haha
    Anniversary

• @beethery those are soooo cute. I lose patience in the building part but love the decorating @theycallmelinz

Anyone else has the Sims 2 and 3 music on their ipod...*nervous laugh*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sometimes? I've only been able to get ONE family to stay alive without cheating on money haha
    Yeah... by sometimes I meant always since 2006...
  • Love this! I thought I was the only one. The house pics you guys put up look amazing! I may have to make my poor laptop run 3 tonight and sink a few hours into it!
  • I play sims though I haven't in several months. I currently play 3 but used to play 1. When the crackheads broke into/lived in my house for three days, they didn't steal my computer. They got on my sims and killed everyone. :(
  • I play sims though I haven't in several months. I currently play 3 but used to play 1. When the crackheads broke into/lived in my house for three days, they didn't steal my computer. They got on my sims and killed everyone. :(
    WHAT THE FUCK?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards