Chit Chat

My oral surgery went (mostly) well!

Thanks for all the well wishes for my oral surgery, Knotties!  The title of my old thread was getting depressing so I'm posting my update here.  

The actual procedure was horrible.  Potentially the worst physical sensation I've ever had even though I wasn't feeling much actual pain.  The whole thing took over three hours and by the end I was really running out of emotional steam.  Fortunately my sister works in the office so I could hear her talking to her patients in the next room which really helped, and she came to check on me a couple of times.  Fi took the day off of work so he was there to bring me to the pharmacy and home afterwards.

My temporary crowns look pretty good.  I have a bunch of stitches in my gums which hurt like fuck, and if I smile really big you can see the stitches, so I don't look awesome right now.  My face is so swollen, it's kind of horrifying and hilarious.  Like Lisa Rinna or Angelina Jolie but only on the top lip, eek.  I'm debating whether I'll be fit for public viewing tomorrow or if I should work from home.

Last night I had some kind of horrible reaction to my medication and almost went to the ER.  I took my Tylenol+Codeine and my antibiotic around 11 and went to bed.  I woke up at 3 with the worst, most intense stomach pain I've ever had.  It was horrible and just wouldn't stop.  Finally I woke up Fi who woke up my sister and they both thought it might be the codeine.  My sister was ready to take me to the ER and I was putting my coat on when it started to slightly taper off.  Very weird.  It happened once more that night but I was able to ride it out since I knew it stopped the first time, which it did.  Very bizarre and scary.  I've decided not to take any more codeine.  So far today my stomach feels a little queasy but nothing like last night.

My wallet is hurting, but that's a different story.  Fi and I went over our finances and what we'd lose by rescheduling or moving the wedding and decided we are going to try to move forward with our current plans, just streamline things as much as possible.  I am trying to have some faith that it will all work out.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: My oral surgery went (mostly) well!

• Glad to hear things went ok considering the work and circumstances!! 

And mostly, that you got done what you needed to get done and can start healing. Hope the recovery goes well!
    *********************************************************************************

• You are brave as hell. I'm sorry it was an awful experience, but also I'm glad it's going as well as it can! At least the worst of it is behind you, right? 
    Tons of hugs! 
  • I'm glad you're ok now. Let your sweet FI take care of you.
  • Oral surgery is the worst! Just try to relax and recover quickly! You'll figure out the finances.

• I'm not a doctor, but I know my body does not metabolize codeine and I get the same reaction you do. My doctor prescribes me Tramacet (which is the strength of Tylenol with codeine, but has a different ingredient.)  If you're still in high amounts of pain, maybe ask your doctor about that.

• I am glad to hear that the oral surgery went well. I hope you recover soon. Stay away from the codeine.
  • Yay for getting the worst part out of the way!  I hope everything works out for you and that you get to have the wedding you guys are saving and hoping for. 

• glad to hear your surgery went well and the wedding is still on. 

lots of virtual ice cream sent your way and wishing you a prompt recovery. 

• I really thought I had taken Codeine before without any bad reactions, but maybe my body has changed over the years-- it's been a while.

I also have a script for Percocet but I'm not actually sure I need it.  I've been taking the 800mg Ibuprofen and icing my face on and off.  I'm also afraid if I take the Percocet tonight I will be drowsy for work tomorrow.  I would love to work from home but I kind of feel like I need to go in.  :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I hate pain killers- I never react well to them.

If you need any folks to do wedding crafts, we have quite a team in the NY area! Let's get all DIY for JC!
  • Glad everything is going well so far. Speedy recovery!

Anniversary
  • Glad the surgery went well!! Not gonna lie, all the dentist threads have finally persuaded me to go after my several year hiatus(yikes!).  Praying for a speedy recovery for you and no more issues!
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    When DH had oral surgery, he woke up from anesthesia and offered to take the entire office out for a steak dinner.  They laughed at him, and told me to buy him a Wendy's Frosty on the way home to help with swelling.  By the time we got home, he was screaming in pain!
    Hugs!  It will get better soon!  So glad to hear about your wedding, too!

Ice cream!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Feel better soon! I can't do anything stronger than Tylenol and Motrin - makes me queasy. :( And I almost ended up in the ER after a scary reaction to some super strong antibiotic so I know how scary that can be!

Here's some ice cream!

• Wow that sounds so scary about the stomach pain! Glad it went well best of luck healing!

Formerly martha1818

• I'm glad the surgery went well!

I have the same problems with codeine. Hopefully you won't need any strong pain killers going forward!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Glad you're doing ok!

My body doesn't like codeine, either. Never had as bad a reaction as that, but the stomachaches are REAL. I found that if I absolutely have to be on a narcotic, I do better when I eat beforehand.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • *Hugs* Glad you got everything taken care of!  I hate pain killers too.  I would rather be in pain than deal with the terrible nausea I get from Codeine and Vicodin.  Did they tell you to ice on and off?  That would probably help with the swelling and the pain (if it's been okay-ed by your doctor).  

Sending you happy and healing thoughts!

• I really thought I had taken Codeine before without any bad reactions, but maybe my body has changed over the years-- it's been a while.

I also have a script for Percocet but I'm not actually sure I need it.  I've been taking the 800mg Ibuprofen and icing my face on and off.  I'm also afraid if I take the Percocet tonight I will be drowsy for work tomorrow.  I would love to work from home but I kind of feel like I need to go in.  :/
    Sell them and use the money to help pay for your surgery! 

Joking of course :)

Glad to hear everything went well. Hope you are feeling better soon. Mouth pain is the worst! I'm very happy to hear you are keeping your original plans too! Yay! Very exciting. I have some Ikea frames I painted in a gold and white ombre for table numbers I'll happily ship to you if it works with your colors. Also have table numbers in coral up to I think 20. 
  • I'm glad to hear that it went well! Oral surgery is extremely painful, and all I've had is my wisdom teeth pulled! Glad you didn't have to go to the ER.

Well, rest up JC. You need to fully heal so that we can go for tacos and margaritas :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Glad the worst part is over. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

• sarahufl said:
    I hate pain killers- I never react well to them.

If you need any folks to do wedding crafts, we have quite a team in the NY area! Let's get all DIY for JC!
    I can do Cricut table numbers! 

And you know you can have my aqua overlays.

• JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    @SBMini @Phira and @KatieinBkln thank you (and all Knotties) for your insane generosity, seriously.  And even before this @Lolo883 for letting me raid all your wedding color ideas and shipping me those table overlays to play with!  

I haven't had a lot of brain space lately to think about wedding decor at all but it's time soon.  I may take some of you lovely ladies up on these offers!

ETA whoops it was @sarahufl who made the crafts offer... but Katie is also awesome!  Thanks all.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• glad it went well for you, and very happy for you that you're going forward with your plans, you deserve it!
  • @SBMini @Phira and @KatieinBkln thank you (and all Knotties) for your insane generosity, seriously.  And even before this @Lolo883 for letting me raid all your wedding color ideas and shipping me those table overlays to play with!  

I haven't had a lot of brain space lately to think about wedding decor at all but it's time soon.  I may take some of you lovely ladies up on these offers!

ETA whoops it was @sarahufl who made the crafts offer... but Katie is also awesome!  Thanks all.
    Ha, had to be @sarahufl. You don't want my attempts at crafts, trust me. ;)
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • smichek said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I'll take that codeine off of your hands as well. Maybe I can trade with you- I have oxycodone, dilaudid, or tramadol. LOL

Trade her for the dilaudid, that shit is magic! My body can't handle codeine so they usually prescribe me vicodin or dilaudid when I fuck my back up. Once they had me on a high dose for three days...I don't remember those three days AT ALL. But I was told I sang disney songs to strangers at the store and told my mom she had to replace my bedroom door because it was too wood-y looking.

ETA: T&P for a speedy recovery!

My mom sings veggie tales on Dilaudid.

I'm so glad you're going to push through and have faith on the wedding!

image   image   image

• I have nothing to offer you and I am not crafty  :(  

But I AM sending lots of love and hugs your way, boo!  Glad you got through the procedure--hold onto good thoughts!
    Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards